Talking turkey...

DBP66

20 minutes ago, Troll said:

It got cold, and with the full moon there are several new arrivals, seems to be another new buck (or two) every morning.

The little guy with the big 4 points (and the good looking 8 pointer) are local, and were both born in the backyard.

Seen some of the others on occasion, but this year there's lot's of busted up and half racks running around.

When I walked out back yesterday, I didn't know he (4point) was still around, and was only about 15 feet away from him when we both spooked each other. LOLOL.  The day before had a bigger one starring me down from close behind until I spotted him.

Got at least one pair of eyeballs on me now, sometimes several, if I go out back.  Look close ( in the background) and you will see several bucks meeting/siting one another....

You might not see them, but they see you LOL.

👀

PS: Maybe if you were nicer...

...they wouldn't run away. 🤣

🦌

I had a small 8 pointer show up in my backyard last evening with a bad limp...looks like he took a arrow to his shoulder...he may be dead by now...I'm going to go walk around when it gets light out to see if I see him. That sucks...I hate seeing that!

1 minute ago, DBP66 said:

I had a small 8 pointer show up in my backyard last evening with a bad limp...looks like he took a arrow to his shoulder...he may be dead by now...I'm going to go walk around when it gets light out to see if I see him. That sucks...I hate seeing that!

Yeah that definitely sucks...

before you set course, might help to check the birds for direction.

had an injured one stop by my creek last season,

at least that won't last long in the woods.

image.png.03158c2b8562a3eb4c8bcedc2b61ec42.png

49 minutes ago, Troll said:

Yeah that definitely sucks...

before you set course, might help to check the birds for direction.

had an injured one stop by my creek last season,

at least that won't last long in the woods.

image.png.03158c2b8562a3eb4c8bcedc2b61ec42.png

yea...we got plenty of turkey birds around here!...the have a lot to eat and their population keeps growing!...here's some old trail cam shots...this is on a mountain I hunt on. I had a face to face encounter with that bear setting up the camera...we were about 30 yards from each other...a memory I'll never forget!

No photo description available.

No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.

and I'll sneak in a picture of this nice smallie I caught in Sept...May be an image of body of water

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DBP66 said:

yea...we got plenty of turkey birds around here!...the have a lot to eat and their population keeps growing!...here's some old trail cam shots...this is on a mountain I hunt on. I had a face to face encounter with that bear setting up the camera...we were about 30 yards from each other...a memory I'll never forget!

No photo description available.

No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.

and I'll sneak in a picture of this nice smallie I caught in Sept...May be an image of body of water

Looks like Greenwood lake....LOL

Did quite a bit of wakeboarding there haha 🏄‍♂️

PS: Black bear no joke tho,

Used to see a bunch in Ramapough  🐻

🤣

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Troll said:

Looks like Greenwood lake....LOL

Did quite a bit of wakeboarding there haha 🏄‍♂️

PS: Black bear no joke tho,

Used to see a bunch in Ramapough  🐻

🤣

Lake Tiorati in Harriman state park....beautiful lake, gin clear water...I love fishing there. The first picture is a big bear. We had a stare down at the top of the mountain...I had no gun on me...just my "fists of furry" (like I tell my wife as she yells at me)..he didn't flinch and neither did I....if I did I would have been lunch....It was a surreal moment and it felt like it happened yesterday! 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

...just my "fists of furry" (like I tell my wife as she yells at me)..

...It was a surreal moment and it felt like it happened yesterday! 

Had 3 of those

in the last three days LOL

Only Bucks not Bear

but still...

🤣

PS: That sounds more like when I noticed that arctic wolf skipping along right behind me....

...with me between him and the chickens that were out loose. 🤪

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 8:28 PM, DBP66 said:

starlings....brought here from England to eat the gypsie moths...I had a flock in my backyard last year in the fall. Loud birds!

nah ...(look around 1:25-1:30 👀☝️)

those where Blackbirds, or you might say Grackles

had some Starlings the other day,

they look more like this...

They do say all three will mix in these mega flocks together tho...

soooo 🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...