Is AHP the most talented South Florida team this year?

RedZone

13 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I know that you're annoyed when people hold you accountable for what you say.

What I said was a fact......guess what?

It's still a fact.

That's what is spazzing you out.

Not only that, but my observation about AHP being the most talented team in South Florida still holds true as well.

You lose at least 3 times in the same thread. That may be a record for you. Sorry, man.

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What I said was a fact......guess what?

👇

20 hours ago, RedZone said:

STA doesn't have one player ranked in the Top 50 in Florida in the 2022 class. That ever happen before?

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

STA currently has no 4*s and NO top players in Florida per the recruiting sites. It looks odd to me and everyone else. You say it's happened plenty of times, but can't a name a year.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

First year I looked at was 2008.

Zero players in the top 50.

21 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Happened in 2005 as well.

22 hours ago, RedZone said:

Brookwood has some nice players this year including the #6 rated Pro-style QB in the 2023 class...has offers from LSU, Auburn, Florida, Penn St....etc

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=PRO

Brookwood/AHP.....Battle of the Beach

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/sports/2021/02/26/fbu-announces-american-heritage-brookwood-take-part-football-series/4575058001/

They have nothing...

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

And remember what I said.  I also said low 4-star players.

Rivals lists 4-stars as having between a 6.0 and 5.8 rating.

So I'll give you 6.0 and 5.9 as "high" 4-stars.

This is the breakdown of STA's rivals database.

5-STAR: 6

4-STAR (HI): 18

4-STAR (LO): 23

3-STAR: 80

2-STAR: 92

Those are insane numbers from a depth standpoint. There have probably been a few that were only awarded stars because they play for STA and attend camps in a major metro area. But even considering that, the depth of legitimate FBS players is astonishing.

Mater Dei and SJB look like they'll be able to match those numbers soon. All three are large private schools with large, wealthy parents/alumni bases and are located smack in the middle of the two most talent-rich metro areas in the country. The only way any of the three will never not be elite is if we see a cultural shift to where it's no longer cool to have most of the top players join together at a handful of schools. STA is more "protected" in the sense that there is much less competition in their area from private schools with the resources and will to compete with them compared to what's in Orange County, CA. 

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

Those are insane numbers from a depth standpoint. There have probably been a few that were only awarded stars because they play for STA and attend camps in a major metro area. But even considering that, the depth of legitimate FBS players is astonishing.

Mater Dei and SJB look like they'll be able to match those numbers soon. All three are large private schools with large, wealthy parents/alumni bases and are located smack in the middle of the two most talent-rich metro areas in the country. The only way any of the three will never not be elite is if we see a cultural shift to where it's no longer cool to have most of the top players join together at a handful of schools. STA is more "protected" in the sense that there is much less competition in their area from private schools with the resources and will to compete with them compared to what's in Orange County, CA. 

Finch can spin it however he likes, but the STA 2022 class has zero 4* prospects and just four 3* prospects.....

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=1414

A bit skimpy for STA standards......I'm not saying STA can't be good or will be terrible....that has nothing to do with it.

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

That would be impressive and probably some sort of record.

Top four listed participated in the 4x100 :) 

Schwartz and Campbell’s Combine 40 I’ve been wondering about since they were sophs in HS running track.  There’s a faster DB from UGA (name escapes me) than Campbell, who will be running the Combine.  

17 hours ago, RedZone said:

Finch can spin it however he likes, but the STA 2022 class has zero 4* prospects and just four 3* prospects.....

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=1414

A bit skimpy for STA standards......I'm not saying STA can't be good or will be terrible....that has nothing to do with it.

I'm a bit hesitant to read much into these rankings given the extreme disruptions to camps, recruiting visits etc. STA regularly has 3* and 4* players who did very little the year prior, but impressed at camps or when scouts attended practices. Now, with a dearth of such scouting opportunities, it's very hard to rate a kid 3* or above when they compiled little game film or stats. I wouldn't be surprised if, after they take the field, everyone realizes that some of their previously unknown, zero-stars are really ever bit worthy of 3* or above.

On 3/22/2021 at 9:05 PM, badrouter said:

Yeah we've talked about it before. Certainly some of them benefited from being at STA and/or the spill over effect of playing with other starred players.

On 3/22/2021 at 9:05 PM, badrouter said:

Mater Dei has had more 5-star players (7 to 6). Their blue chip numbers breakdown like this:

5-STAR: 7

4-STAR (HI): 12

4-STAR (LO): 18

So they're not far behind in terms of blue chips (47 to 37) but with far less college and NFL production.

The idea of STA being protected is just not true.

STA, American Heritage, Cardinal Gibbons and Chaminade-Madonna are all much closer geographically than the Trinity League schools. If the largest distance between those schools was taken into account (40 miles) then Columbus would be considered a competitor for STA.

And that South Florida league would be just as good and certainly deeper than the Trinity League.

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Mater Dei has had more 5-star players (7 to 6). Their blue chip numbers breakdown like this:

5-STAR: 7

4-STAR (HI): 12

4-STAR (LO): 18

If this link is correct Mater Dei has produced only 12 NFL players with 2 active.....Mater Dei is obviously a new kid on the block.

That's crazy, huh

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/high_schools.cgi?id=93b8f152

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

If this link is correct Mater Dei has produced only 12 NFL players with 2 active.....Mater Dei is obviously a new kid on the block.

That's crazy, huh

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/high_schools.cgi?id=93b8f152

Mater Dei was winning Southern Section championships back in the 1950s and 1960s before STA was even called STA.

They have two Heisman Trophy winners.

They won two mythical national championships before STA won one.

They've been around. They just aren't at STA's level of NFL production. Granted nobody is.

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

They've been around. They just aren't at STA's level of NFL production. Granted nobody is.

St Aug (NOLA) is and they started playing football in the 1960's...

Mater Dei started playing football in 1950..first full season in 1951.

http://www.materdei.org/football/html/monarch-history/year-by-year-game-scores/1951.html

Mater Dei is just not great at producing NFL players. And, it's odd really.

Makes a person think.

14 minutes ago, RedZone said:

St Aug (NOLA) is and they started playing football in the 1960's...

Mater Dei started playing football in 1950..first full season in 1951.

http://www.materdei.org/football/html/monarch-history/year-by-year-game-scores/1951.html

Mater Dei is just not great at producing NFL players. And, it's odd really.

Makes a person think.

St John Bosco, CA is another new kid on the block.

..only produced 7 NFL players in their history...2 active. Again, if link is correct.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/high_schools.cgi?id=93bd4a34