Is AHP the most talented South Florida team this year?

RedZone

31 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

542 all-boys is not terribly small either. That's firmly in the middle.

Maybe...

St Aug is not located in the best part of NOLA and they have NO facilities at all, just a small gym. St Aug did win state in basketball last week, but that's besides the point.

They normally dress out 60-70 in football and if they had the advantages other schools have there's no telling what they would produce really. They just don't have anything but ATHs....

6 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Mater Dei has had more 5-star players (7 to 6). Their blue chip numbers breakdown like this:

5-STAR: 7

4-STAR (HI): 12

4-STAR (LO): 18

So they're not far behind in terms of blue chips (47 to 37) but with far less college and NFL production.

The idea of STA being protected is just not true.

STA, American Heritage, Cardinal Gibbons and Chaminade-Madonna are all much closer geographically than the Trinity League schools. If the largest distance between those schools was taken into account (40 miles) then Columbus would be considered a competitor for STA.

And that South Florida league would be just as good and certainly deeper than the Trinity League.

What's the financial profile of those other South Florida privates? STA has major $, I'm not so sure about the others. And, it seems the Trinity League schools have much more of a history and footprint in their areas in terms of academic reputation etc.

The flipside, like you say, is South Florida has considerably more talent than Orange County. The schools down in South county (J. Serra, SM) are mostly frozen out of recruiting kids from south L.A. and Long Beach due to sheer distance. SJB, and, to a lesser extent MD, can still get in on some of those kids. But OLU and Servite are just as well positioned as MD geographically.

But, I'm talking out of my ass a little bit here.

8 minutes ago, badrouter said:

What's the financial profile of those other South Florida privates? STA has major $, I'm not so sure about the others. And, it seems the Trinity League schools have much more of a history and footprint in their areas in terms of academic reputation etc.

American Heritage's tuition is twice as much as STA's and they certainly have richer parents. Cardinal Gibbons is equal to STA but is in a much nicer neighborhood in Fort Lauderdale and probably has richer parents too. Chaminade is probably the "poorest" of the four.

Columbus is very much like STA and has a lot of old Cuban money.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, badrouter said:

The flipside, like you say, is South Florida has considerably more talent than Orange County. The schools down in South county (J. Serra, SM) are mostly frozen out of recruiting kids from south L.A. and Long Beach due to sheer distance. SJB, and, to a lesser extent MD, can still get in on some of those kids. But OLU and Servite are just as well positioned as MD geographically.

But, I'm talking out of my ass a little bit here.

No think that's about right.

Which is why half the Trinity League actually stinks.

21 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

American Heritage's tuition is twice as much as STA's and they certainly have richer parents. Cardinal Gibbons is equal to STA but is in a much nicer neighborhood in Fort Lauderdale and probably has richer parents too. Chaminade is probably the "poorest" of the four.

Columbus is very much like STA and has a lot of old Cuban money.

Only twice?   It was like 3-4x when I was in HS.

18 hours ago, RedZone said:

Guess I'll drop this here.

4* Edna Karr DT Tygee Hill will commit tomorrow at 2:30.

I "think" the players are LSU, Alabama, Florida, or Florida St.

Probably puts the LSU hat on, but you can't be sure...especially right now.

bandicam 2021-03-24 19-04-44-399.jpg

Tygee Hill is the 2nd Edna Karr Cougar to commit to the LSU Tiger in 2022 class.. 

LSU is putting together another seriously good recruiting class. Currently #3 nationally and with the addition of Tygee Hill we may slide into that #2 spot.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Season/2022-Football/Commits/

Just now, RedZone said:

Why is AHP so much?.........seems really high to me.

Location?

I get why Newman (NOLA) is 28K per year...it's a geek school located in the Garden District of NOLA. It's really nice and super rich people live all around the campus......when you think Newman you don't necessarily think athletics.

When you think AHP you think athletics, at least I do.