High School Basketball: All-Time Starting Five in each State....

RedZone

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

By the time he was asenior he had 28 offers: 

USC

UCLA 

Georgia 

LSU

UCONN 

Stanford 

Kansas 

Kentucky 

Michigan 

Michigan State

Alabama 

Auburn 

Arizona 

Syracuse

Georgia 

Georgia Tech 

Florida 

Florida State 

Colorado 

Villanova 

Notre Dame 

Indiana 

Ohio State 

Cincinnati 

Wichita State 

Tennessee  

North Carolina 

Oklahoma 

Oregon 

But Bama... 

Like I've said before I will never knock  a kid for getting a scholarship no matter where it's at... thats a good thing and I congratulate em for it. But some of these college choices baffle me... 

If It was me personally  I wouldve went with Syracuse or Villanova 

Now hooville may try to say some bullshit, but this one I know for a stone cold fact! Collin most definitely took money (among other things) and I ain’t mad at him for it! 

Just don’t wanna hear no gump telling people they’re above board. 

5 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Now hooville may try to say some bullshit, but this one I know for a stone cold fact! Collin most definitely took money (among other things) and I ain’t mad at him for it! 

Just don’t wanna hear no gump telling people they’re above board. 

Collin Sexton could've and probably would've started at whatever school he went too... 

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The cities of Marietta and Norcross produce NBA and Overseas players like Mosquitoes.... 

Collin Sexton (Pebblebrook HS -Mableton/Marietta,GA) 

Jaylen Brown (Wheeler HS -Marietta GA) 

Dale Ellis (Marietta HS) 

Shareef Abdur-Rahim (Wheeler HS ) 

Micheal Brogdon (Norcross HS) 

Jodie Meeks (Norcross HS) 

Isaiah Wilkins (Greater Atlanta Christian-Norcross,GA) 

The list is much longer but damn... 

Abdur-Rahim was Boss.

15 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The cities of Marietta and Norcross produce NBA and Overseas players like Mosquitoes.... 

Dale Ellis (Marietta HS) 

Brogdon graduated GAC....

bgw

15 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Dale Ellis (Marietta HS) 

Dale Ellis had like .03% body fat, that number decimal point may be wrong but it was point zero three percent body fat.

I was at 6% in the same camp.... Dale was all business on the court and during practice.

bgw

On 3/25/2021 at 6:15 PM, sausmann9 said:

I'm not schooled in PA basketball history like some might be but the ones I hear most during the season when they talk old school PA players;

Kobe Bryant for sure

Billy Owens (late 80's in PA high school)

Rasheed Wallace (late 80's/early 90's maybe)

Wilt Chamberlain late 60's maybe

Jerry Macnamara

my sixth man off the bench would be Ed McCaffrey - I know he played football at Stanford and Dcnver but the dude was a beast on the basketball court in high school!!!

Wilt is not a maybe.  Relative to their era Wilt is one of the greatest ball players of all time.

• Like 3

On 3/27/2021 at 1:02 AM, BigDrop said:

Wilt is not a maybe.  Relative to their era Wilt is one of the greatest ball players of all time.

no doubt w/ what you say.  Wilt is only second to Kobe at the high school level in PA (imo).  My "maybe" was referring to the era 1960's maybe.  I am not sure if he was 60's or 70's.  Same w/ Rasheed Wallace, heard of him 80's, maybe early 90's.  

:)

On 3/26/2021 at 8:56 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

He's a Great player but he's on the wrong team.... 

He's on Cleveland now. Starting lineup one of if not the lead scorer.... 

But I expect the Cavs to trade him soon. 

Tbh I expect next year we'll see it happen 

They are not trading him

kid playing with a red ass being stiffed from being an all star but being 5th in scoring on a losing team 

Follow  your crystal ball 

3 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

They are not trading him

kid playing with a red ass being stiffed from being an all star but being 5th in scoring on a losing team 

Follow  your crystal ball 

I dont even wanna talk about All star games.... 

It's just become the LeBron and Friends show... 

Didn't Trae Young get shafted as well?

7 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

no doubt w/ what you say.  Wilt is only second to Kobe at the high school level in PA (imo).  My "maybe" was referring to the era 1960's maybe.  I am not sure if he was 60's or 70's.  Same w/ Rasheed Wallace, heard of him 80's, maybe early 90's.  

:)

I am 74 and remember reading about Wilt at Overbrook in the ‘50’s.  I met several at Hershey who saw Wilt score 100 points in their arena.  For myself Kareem is the best I ever saw and this includes the two games with DeMatha at Cole Field House.  I would choose Wilt over Kobe to play against Kareem.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2021 at 6:02 PM, RedZone said:

Louisiana checks in at #4

4. Louisiana, 732.12
Karl Malone, Summerfield, 234.6
Robert Parish, Woodlawn-Shreveport (Shreveport), 147
Bob Pettit, Baton Rouge, 136.05
Elvin Hayes, Britton, 120.76
Paul Millsap, Grambling, 93.75

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/e4f04XcSDUujB1ruuznr1g/high-school-basketball--all-time-starting-five-in-each-state.htm

Louisiana always has been had underrated hoops talent.  Everyone thinks of NY, Chicago, D.C., Southern Cal (For good reason, all those places are packed with talent).  A lot of talent in TX, Ga, Fl, Indiana as well as Louisiana.  These places just don’t have the high powered super talented leagues that get the attention.  The talent is spread out more 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I am 74 and remember reading about Wilt at Overbrook in the ‘50’s.  I met several at Hershey who saw Wilt score 100 points in their arena.  For myself Kareem is the best I ever saw and this includes the two games with DeMatha at Cole Field House.  I would choose Wilt over Kobe to play against Kareem.

wow, I was off by a decade, lol.  I never saw any of Wilt's high school games, obviously but did hear old school coaches talk about him.

At the high school level, I saw Kobe twice on tv during our PIAA state championships beat up on Saquon Barkly's alma mater in Whitehall HS as well as Erie Prep :) and once live while home for a birthday during our 96 PIAA playoffs at my local high school gym.  Lower Merion came up and got upset in overtime but Kobe still dropped 30+ and what was really cool was Kobe's dad took him into the other team's locker room at end of game and congratulated/shook hands again w/ all the opposing players.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

wow, I was off by a decade, lol.  I never saw any of Wilt's high school games, obviously but did hear old school coaches talk about him.

At the high school level, I saw Kobe twice on tv during our PIAA state championships beat up on Saquon Barkly's alma mater in Whitehall HS as well as Erie Prep :) and once live while home for a birthday during our 96 PIAA playoffs at my local high school gym.  Lower Merion came up and got upset in overtime but Kobe still dropped 30+ and what was really cool was Kobe's dad took him into the other team's locker room at end of game and congratulated/shook hands again w/ all the opposing players.

When DeMatha ended Power Memorial’s 71 game winning streak on their second try in ‘65 (only game Kareem/Lew Alcindor lost in hs) Kareem went into DeMatha’s locker room and congratulated them. (Three players on that DeMatha team played in the NBA.)

Off topic:  I have actually shaken Kareem’s hand.  Twenty or so years ago my wife and  I had dinner at Chinois on Main in Santa Monica.  When we walked out I stupidly was not looking where I was going.  Kareem, sitting at a table had his legs out and I tripped over one.  I didn’t fall but he helped “catch me.”  Afterwards I apologized profusely and he shook my hand.

Can I mention how big of a hand Kareem Abdul Jabbar has?

• Like 1