Derek Chauvin Lawyer

On2whls

On 4/2/2021 at 11:16 PM, On2whls said:

Has anybody watched that unfortunate soul.  Not exactly dream team material, more like matchbook law school.  Could it be that reputable lawyers are scared of representing the guy?  It’s sort of like people that won’t testify against the mob because, well.......you know why.

He's a great lawyer and has an excellent reputation, based on what I've read. I have enjoyed watching the cross examinations (not going to pick sides between Floyd and Chauvin... I just enjoy watching this attorney dissect testimonies and construct these questions).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

He's a great lawyer and has an excellent reputation, based on what I've read. I have enjoyed watching the cross examinations (not going to pick sides between Floyd and Chauvin... I just enjoy watching this attorney dissect testimonies and construct these questions).

What’s your outcome you think? Since ur not taking sides, after the trial what do you think he gets?

Manslaughter at best in my opinion. A retrial if it is hung. Extreme situations extract extreme measures... they may find Chauvin guilty of 3rd to appease the mob mentality.

my 2 cents; the minute Floyd stopped moving Chauvin should have released pressure. An unintentional death is Manslaughter. Going to be hard to prove he meant to kill Floyd who was on drugs at the time. So 2nd and 3rd are going to be hard to prove if I'm the jury foreman. Fuck the mob mentality. Do what's right.

And for what it is worth, if it comes to Civil war there will be a wake up call like nothing anyone living has seen in their life time. Nam and other wars were fought on foreign soil, not in the US. Your mom's, dad's, brothers, sisters and children will be a risk even in their homes. That's a fact.

I recommend people visit Gettysburg and do the tour before considering civil war.

On 4/14/2021 at 12:01 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What’s your outcome you think? Since ur not taking sides, after the trial what do you think he gets?

I think he’s guilty.

Not because I believe or don’t believe he killed Floyd or contributed to his death, just based the current climate with the widespread unrest and other things. Guilty of which of the three charges, not sure. If I say which, it might reveal which side I’m leaning towards 😀

One thing we’ve seen before in trials is juries deliberating and deciding on a verdict based on an issue that was hardly or not at all talked about. Also I’m curious if we could see a hung jury 🤔 

I’m far from any kind of legal expert or law student, so take what I say with a grain of salt. 

If he’s acquitted, he may seek to leave the country for good. It would certainly make sense to. He’ll be a target in prison if he’s convicted.  

• Haha 1