Jump to content

Anybody got the covid vaccine yet?


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Fred said:

 

Per the CDC, the 1918 pandemic killed 50 million world-wide and 675,00 in the US. At 554,000+ and still going strong after 13 months I sadly bet Covid surpasses the 1918 pandemic.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#datatracker-home

If the 1918 Flu happened now half that amount would have died in the USA with the advances in medicine making COVID a lot more deadly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this mindset was more prevalent, the past 12 months probably would have turned out a little differently.

I'm more so disappointed that people still don't take it serious...  It affects everyone differently some people get it and they are fine... some people get it and unfortunately they die.... 

I've had both my shots for about 6 weeks now. Not a problem with either.  The only side effect has been erections that last more than 6 hours.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Fred said:

 

Per the CDC, the 1918 pandemic killed 50 million world-wide and 675,00 in the US. At 554,000+ and still going strong after 13 months I sadly bet Covid surpasses the 1918 pandemic.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#datatracker-home

The population in the US was about 1/3 of what it is now.  And that flu killed many, many more in the prime of life.  The 1918 flu was a far outlier, but it was the flu.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

If the 1918 Flu happened now half that amount would have died in the USA with the advances in medicine making COVID a lot more deadly.

Not necessarily true.  We do not have great therapeutics against the flu - especially extremely aggressive strains.  And intensive care can do only so much, as Covid showed.  And - the population was only about 1/3 what it is now - so on a per capita basis the 1918 flu was still significantly more lethal.  Plus, it killed young adults preferentially.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Not necessarily true.  We do not have great therapeutics against the flu - especially extremely aggressive strains.  And intensive care can do only so much, as Covid showed.  And - the population was only about 1/3 what it is now - so on a per capita basis the 1918 flu was still significantly more lethal.  Plus, it killed young adults preferentially.

Most of the deaths of young adults was do to bacterial infection associated with weakened immune system, overcrowded slums and poor hygiene. With the advent of ant-virals and antibiotics and better sanitation the likelihood of someone dying is reduced dramatically in the U.S, not so much in third world countries. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Most of the deaths of young adults was do to bacterial infection associated with weakened immune system, overcrowded slums and poor hygiene. With the advent of ant-virals and antibiotics and better sanitation the likelihood of someone dying is reduced dramatically in the U.S, not so much in third world countries. 

Actually this is not correct.  While bacterial superinfections often cause death in usual flu, the 1918 flu was different.  Most of the younger people dying did so in a rapid progression after onset with overwhelming respiratory failure triggered  by the actual viral infection.  And a strong immune response was a likely factor in their deaths.  It is doubtful Tamiflu would have done much for these patients.  Patients like these still today have a high mortality - even with ICUs, vents etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Got mine scheduled for Wednesday. The Pfizer vaccine. Still trying to figure out why people are getting the other vaccines when the pfizer vaccine is the most effective. 

the most effective at what....

nullifying your life insurance policy ?

Smart move....🤔

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fred said:

 

Per the CDC, the 1918 pandemic killed 50 million world-wide and 675,00 in the US. At 554,000+ and still going strong after 13 months I sadly bet Covid surpasses the 1918 pandemic.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#datatracker-home

And we are starting to spike.... 4th wave unfortunately may happen

bgw

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

And we are starting to spike.... 4th wave unfortunately may happen

bgw

sounds like the best time to nullify you life insurance 👌

 

PS: you sure that old vaccine is good, you know, for that "new" wave ??? 

BTW: CDC is saying no...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 12:10 PM, jserralions said:

heard the vaccines have nanites that set up your DNA to the cloud to serve the AI God

Bill Gates now has access to your fantasies when you touch yourself at night...their plan is working.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 1:53 PM, jserralions said:

Lol you have as good as chance as dying from the flu then this covid flu. Fear is the mind killer. Had this 300 pound lady go bonkers and tell me to put my mask up because she was concerned for her health and kids and I just laughed.  Like I was responsible for filling her full of butter and sugar and forcing her not to workout. People should have been taking care of their health years ago... This seems to me like an excuse for government to grab power

I know Dwight Schrute.

And you sir, are no Dwight Schrute.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the 1st Pfizer shot yesterday. Have felt HORRIBLE all day! Body aches, fatigue, fever.

Had the virus in Oct., and was told yesterday that people who already have antibodies tend to have a much worse reaction. I concur!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Troll said:

the most effective at what....

nullifying your life insurance policy ?

Smart move....🤔

Actually asked my buddy who works for New York life about this. Said it has no effect on polices whatsoever.  He did say their was something running on the internet with Onion type sites saying the vaccine was voiding policies. So that is good to hear. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.khou.com/amp/article/news/verify/does-covid-vaccine-affect-pay-out-of-life-insurance/285-246b49b4-4a68-4d69-81ac-2f1a82808849
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

interesting facebook fact check....LOL

one problem....it's carefully worded, and you might have missed it 🤣

check it..."AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Life insurance policies have not changed because of the COVID-19 vaccination and getting "the shot" will not impact whether a policy pays out in the event of death, according to the American Council of Life Insurers."

First off....of course "the policies" have not changed 😝

Second off, their opiniom is a guess, and no assessment of any policy is made until AFTER death, and the AP is not the one to do it...LOL

But guess what? they are right in that your written contract has not changed 🤣 , so I would still suggest you read it, and check your legal contract to see where you stand with your own policy, and if you have any well used clauses to the effect of "non-FDA approved treatment" 

 

PS: I wrote those systems for several insurance companies, so what do I know about it...🤷‍♂️   

BTW: did you even notice how they lumped all the different varieties into "THE shot" incorrectly? 😝

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

Wait a second, are you telling me Troll said something STUPID, UNINFORMED, and BASELESS again?

Shocking...can’t believe it!

Root doot doot, the IDIOT read more bitchute!🤣

Here's two seconds...

the courts have not even ruled on it yet....

but feel free to bring your facebook fact check article to court 😝

instead of reading your own legal document.

Rooty toot toot for you 🤓 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Actually asked my buddy who works for New York life about this. Said it has no effect on polices whatsoever.  He did say their was something running on the internet with Onion type sites saying the vaccine was voiding policies. So that is good to hear. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.khou.com/amp/article/news/verify/does-covid-vaccine-affect-pay-out-of-life-insurance/285-246b49b4-4a68-4d69-81ac-2f1a82808849
 

 

golly gee another trash article.....

let's see 👀 what you missed 🤣

 
VERIFY

VERIFY: No, getting COVID vaccine doesn't affect the payout of a life insurance policy

of course it doesn't silly .....🤣

but the insurance company will still determine whether any payout is legally required or not   👍

 

One post claims if you die after getting the shot, life insurance providers could deny your beneficiaries their benefits.
 
Yes done everyday for a myriad of reasons...👌
....so try explaining how you think they now can't,
or how you think that has changed 🤣
 
 
    
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Troll said:

golly gee another trash article.....

let's see 👀 what you missed 🤣

 
VERIFY

VERIFY: No, getting COVID vaccine doesn't affect the payout of a life insurance policy

of course it doesn't silly .....🤣

but the insurance company will still determine whether any payout is legally required or not   👍

 

One post claims if you die after getting the shot, life insurance providers could deny your beneficiaries their benefits.
 
Yes done everyday for a myriad of reasons...👌
....so try explaining how you think they now can't,
or how you think that has changed 🤣
 
 
    

Of course first article I saw could be crap. That’s why I had asked my buddy who actually works for NY life to get true actual confirmation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Of course first article I saw could be crap. That’s why I had asked my buddy who actually works for NY life to get true actual confirmation. 

I'll bet I've worked for more insurance companies (and much better ones) than him...🤣

tell him to log on and debate me then 👍

and If your buddy says it can't have any legal impact on your policy, you must have sent it to him ahead of time, and that would only apply to your particular policy...

otherwise he's an idiot 👌

 

Hope this helps

PS: "my buddy said so" sometimes works even better than a "facebook fact check article" in court...🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a simple process people...

if you care enough, check your policy for any medical treatment clauses...

you have plenty of options with regard to vaccines, and there are FDA approval differences.

Then choose the best medical treatment for your own situation.

it's not rocket science...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Troll said:

I'll bet I've worked for more insurance companies (and much better ones) than him...🤣

tell him to log on and debate me then 👍

and If your buddy says it can't have any legal impact on your policy, you must have sent it to him ahead of time, and that would only apply to your particular policy...

otherwise he's an idiot 👌

 

Hope this helps

PS: "my buddy said so" sometimes works even better than a "facebook fact check article" in court...🤣

Well not that concerned with the whole insurance issue. Had both vaces, didn’t die from it so I’m good, no worries.  But was interested in the prospect being an issue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Well not that concerned with the whole insurance issue. Had both vaces, didn’t die from it so I’m good, no worries.  But was interested in the prospect being an issue. 

happy to hear it's worked out for you...👍

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Troll said:

happy to hear you it's worked out for you...👍

 

 

I’ll tell you how I am handling it with my patients.  I ask if they are taking (or have taken) the vaccine.  About 1/4 say no way.  They are not all one demographic, many are African-American.  I do not argue with them.  If they want my advice, I tell them it is recommended and that I took it.  But I do not try browbeating them into changing their mind.  And I certainly do not intimate to them that it is their responsibility to get vaccinated for others.  That is their decision on how they feel about that, I respect their feelings and wishes.  As everyone should.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...