Anybody got the covid vaccine yet?

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I’ll tell you how I am handling it with my patients.  I ask if they are taking (or have taken) the vaccine.  About 1/4 say no way.  They are not all one demographic, many are African-American.  I do not argue with them.  If they want my advice, I tell them it is recommended and that I took it.  But I do not try browbeating them into changing their mind.  And I certainly do not intimate to them that it is their responsibility to get vaccinated for others.  That is their decision on how they feel about that, I respect their feelings and wishes.  As everyone should.

Hey Bormio quick question is that medical fraternity by your school worthwhile,

or are you familiar with it?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this mindset was more prevalent, the past 12 months probably would have turned out a little differently.

I'm more so disappointed that people still don't take it serious...  It affects everyone differently some people get it and they are fine... some people get it and unfortunately they die.... 

I've had both my shots for about 6 weeks now. Not a problem with either.  The only side effect has been erections that last more than 6 hours.

Posted Images

Just now, Troll said:

Hey Bormio quick question is that medical fraternity by your school worthwhile at all,

or are you familiar with it?

??? - what school? (I went to Tulane Medical School)

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

I live and practice in SC, but went to Tulane Med, residency at Vandy.

My youngest was just accepted in AED at the University there (dean's list pre-med 😁)....so I was just curious...

thought you might even be affiliated 🤷‍♂️

BTW will be down by you in a couple weeks when classes let out.  lol

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

My youngest was just accepted in AED at the University there (dean's list pre-med 😁)....so I was just curious...

thought you might even be affiliated 🤷‍♂️

BTW will be down by you in a couple weeks when classes let out.  lol

What med schools they looking at?  3 in the state (plus a DO school in Spartanburg).  Or out of SC?

9 minutes ago, Bormio said:

What med schools they looking at?  3 in the state (plus a DO school in Spartanburg).  Or out of SC?

Just a freshman and still getting used to things there (and loving it btw),

but definitely open to suggestions. 

This is not in my expertise, so I was trying to learn a bit about it from a local 🤓 

😄

16 minutes ago, Troll said:

Just a freshman and still getting used to things there (and loving it btw),

but definitely open to suggestions. 

This is not in my expertise, so I was trying to learn a bit about it from a local 🤓 

😄

In state, MUSC in Charleston is the premier med school.  USC SOM in Columbia has been around for about 40 years now, so is more established than when I came to SC.  The school in Greenville probably about 10-12 years old now.  NC has several good schools - Bowman Gray (Wake Forest) and Duke take more out of state residents as are private.  Medical College of Georgia in Augusta is a good school, but will cater to Georgia residents.  Tulane is not as good since Katrina and the closing of Charity.  Emory in Atlanta is good, so is Vanderbilt.

• Thanks 2
20 minutes ago, Bormio said:

In state, MUSC in Charleston is the premier med school.  USC SOM in Columbia has been around for about 40 years now, so is more established than when I came to SC.  The school in Greenville probably about 10-12 years old now.  NC has several good schools - Bowman Gray (Wake Forest) and Duke take more out of state residents as are private.  Medical College of Georgia in Augusta is a good school, but will cater to Georgia residents.  Tulane is not as good since Katrina and the closing of Charity.  Emery in Atlanta is good, so is Vanderbilt.

Thank you. 

all good thoughts, and I can relay the info as well. 

Everything is wide open right now, but it's nice to have some clear goals, so I'm pretty sure already started to look.

...and time goes quick.

2 hours ago, Troll said:

and if you have any well used clauses to the effect of "non-FDA approved treatment

Except that the vaccines are being given under FDA emergency authorizations.

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Except that the vaccines are being given under FDA emergency authorizations.

Check the differences in approvals...👍

PS: so what 🤣

Just now, Fred said:

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! I just realized this got moved to the off topic forum.  I never respond to off topic forum posts.  Out of here! 😎

can't blame you 🤣

3 minutes ago, Fred said:

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! I just realized this got moved to the off topic forum.  I never respond to off topic forum posts.  Out of here! 😎

Careful - or the dark side will ensnare you

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

Tulane....Good school and one of the good things in NO...

20 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

Tulane....Good school and one of the good things in NO...

Been to NO many times and Tulane has it right...Years ago I contemplated going there as my Dad always was hardy in his praise of Tulane...

Day 2 after the vaccine, and still feel like shit. Making me not want to get the backup shot. 

Not trying to influence anyone either way. I know people that had no issues at all with it.

21 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Day 2 after the vaccine, and still feel like shit. Making me not want to get the backup shot. 

Not trying to influence anyone either way. I know people that had no issues at all with it.

If you don't get the back up, your experience of the last two days will end up just being a waste.

2 hours ago, rockinl said:

1 hour ago, Rippers said:

If you don't get the back up, your experience of the last two days will end up just being a waste.

That is weird cause most people if they felt side effects was after the second shot, not first 

I wonder what happens If you only get the first shot

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That is weird cause most people if they felt side effects was after the second shot, not first 

I wonder what happens If you only get the first shot

You get about 40-50% coverage. I already have antibodies (tested last week, had the covid in Oct.), so I should be good. According to the Pharmacist, people with antibodies are having the worst reactions.

• Thanks 1

The issue of the Astra-Zeneca vaccine and blood clots has a lot of attention in Europe (their main vaccine - esp in the UK).  The generic term “thrombosis” has been bandied about - as if it was pulmonary emboli killing people.  Hard to know if the vaccine is the cause as PE are fairly common.  But the dirty little secret is that it is cerebral venous thrombosis killing these people - which is ordinarily rare as hen’s teeth.  Makes the vaccine almost certain to be the cause, and this fact has been hidden by misleading or deceptive reporting and government statements.

@Troll

On 4/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, FootballGuy said:

Got mine scheduled for Wednesday. The Pfizer vaccine. Still trying to figure out why people are getting the other vaccines when the pfizer vaccine is the most effective. 

Are some COVID-19 vaccines more effective than others?

It’s hard to tell since they weren’t directly compared in studies. But experts say the vaccines are alike on what matters most: preventing hospitalizations and deaths.

“Luckily, all these vaccines look like they’re protecting us from severe disease,” said Dr. Monica Gandhi of the University of California, San Francisco, citing study results for five vaccines used around the world and a sixth that’s still in review. 

And real-world evidence as millions of people receive the vaccines show they're all working very well.

Still, people might wonder if one is better than another since studies conducted before the vaccines were rolled out found varying levels of effectiveness. The problem is they don't offer apples-to-apples comparisons. 

Consider the two-dose vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna, found to be about 95% effective at preventing illness. Studies for those shots counted a COVID-19 case whether it was mild, moderate or severe — and were conducted before worrisome mutated versions of the virus began circulating.

Then Johnson & Johnson tested a single-dose vaccine and didn't count mild illnesses. J&J’s shot was 66% protective against moderate to severe illness in a large international study. In just the U.S., where there's less spread of variants, it was 72% effective. More importantly, once the vaccine’s effect kicked in it prevented hospitalization and death.

AstraZeneca's two-dose vaccine used in many countries has faced questions about the exact degree of its effectiveness indicated by studies. But experts agree those shots, too, protect against the worst outcomes.

Around the world, hospitalizations are dropping in countries where vaccines have been rolling out including Israel, England and Scotland — regardless of which shots are given. And the U.S. government’s first look at real-world data among essential workers provided further evidence that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are highly protective — 90% — against infections whether there were symptoms or not.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Bormio said:

The issue of the Astra-Zeneca vaccine and blood clots has a lot of attention in Europe (their main vaccine - esp in the UK).  The generic term “thrombosis” has been bandied about - as if it was pulmonary emboli killing people.  Hard to know if the vaccine is the cause as PE are fairly common.  But the dirty little secret is that it is cerebral venous thrombosis killing these people - which is ordinarily rare as hen’s teeth.  Makes the vaccine almost certain to be the cause, and this fact has been hidden by misleading or deceptive reporting and government statements.

@Troll

That does seem unfortunate...🤔

I kind of thought that if something were to go screwy with an "immune system" vaccine

that it wouldn't be the vaccine that kills you ...

just whatever happens to hit that F'd up immune system body.

(Kinda like aids doesn't kill you, just whatever else you now have zero defense against)

BTW-is there any truth to people testing positive for aids after getting the shot ? 

If so, wonder which ones 🤷‍♂️

On 4/7/2021 at 5:18 PM, rockinl said:

Better to have two shitty days than a dirt nap or hospitalization. And you may have an reaction with the 2nd dose. It's treatable.

5 in a million have severe reactions.

bgw

On 4/5/2021 at 11:16 AM, HooverOutlaw said:

I took the Johnson and Johnson. 

Just wondering if we are at say 50% for members.

Not gonna read through this entire thread, but, I did manage to get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine this morning along with my entire family including mom. 

No noticeable adverse reaction among any of us so far. Nothing. No fever or anything and we are all different ages and levels of health and fitness.