Anybody got the covid vaccine yet?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this mindset was more prevalent, the past 12 months probably would have turned out a little differently.

I'm more so disappointed that people still don't take it serious...  It affects everyone differently some people get it and they are fine... some people get it and unfortunately they die.... 

I've had both my shots for about 6 weeks now. Not a problem with either.  The only side effect has been erections that last more than 6 hours.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I've seen these. This story actually dropped the day before I went to get mine. 

Idk how many people went through my pharmacy to get theirs, but I was the 15th person to get it and while waiting 15-30 minutes for observation saw another 6 or so get theirs. No negative reactions during those. 

They're blaming heat on the Cumming shut down due to it being a large arena. No such issues in the pharmacy. 

I'm into my second day and felt normal today outside of a little injection site soreness. It isn't even bad, but, it is noticeable. 

• Like 1

So Fauci is spouting off that vaccinated people should not go indoors to restaurants or bars.  He becomes more irrelevant by the day.  Many people are now simply laughing at him.  The administration should cut him loose, but they can’t.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Bormio said:

So Fauci is spouting off that vaccinated people should not go indoors to restaurants or bars.  He becomes more irrelevant by the day.  Many people are now simply laughing at him.  The administration should cut him loose, but they can’t.

Just wondering if you ever saw this....from 2005...

could it be a fake ?

or how about 2013...

J&J vaccine paused in the US due to blood clotting issues.  I doubt it is just 6 cases of pulmonary embolism or DVT.  Wonder if  it is more cases of cerebral venous thrombosis.

As I thought - 6 cases of cerebral venous thrombosis.  One woman has died, one in critical condition. As mentioned earlier, the vaccine is almost certainly the cause due to rarity of the condition 

People pushing continuing the J&J vaccine are on really shaky ground.  This cerebral venous thrombosis is really scary.  It is very rare under normal circumstances.  We do not know why the vaccine causes it, or the time frame - in other words if weeks after the vaccine, there could be many more cases.  Every patient with a headache after the vaccine will worry they have it - prompting a boatload of brain scans.  Plus there are alternatives that are likely safer.  The media needs to stop pooh hooing this and report it honestly.  It is not a generic clotting problem.  It is the blood vessels in your brain clotting, with a high chance of killing you.  The ball washing of the J&J vaccine needs to stop now.

On 4/12/2021 at 1:16 PM, Bormio said:

I had to wonder when NASA ordered their employee's to wear 3 masks because Fauci said we should wear 2. 

From the stats I've seen say that you have a 18% chance on becoming infected when exposed if you're not wearing a mask vs a 4% chance when you wear a mask. What that tells me is that you have a 82% chance that you will not notice or become infected when exposed and a 96% chance of not being infected if you wear a mask. 

I think I'll pass on the shot after seeing what is happening. Chances are better that I will live a long healthy life even if I don't take the shot.

Herd Immunity is at "80%" supposedly now. only "20%" to go and we can return to normal.

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Are the boosters a reaction to the mutated strains?

bgw

Does not appear so with Pfizer, which appears to cover mutated strains.  May be with a possible Moderna booster.

I am all for a vaccine.  But this concerted campaign to save the J&J vaccine is disturbing.  If it is safe, fine. But do not blow off these “rare” clotting issues as the cost of doing business.  We need to know for certain they are in fact rare, and not the tip of an iceberg.  This cavalier dismissal on the part of many after a few days to say forget about it is irresponsible.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Bormio said:

Does not appear so with Pfizer, which appears to cover mutated strains.  May be with a possible Moderna booster.

I am all for a vaccine.  But this concerted campaign to save the J&J vaccine is disturbing.  If it is safe, fine. But do not blow off these “rare” clotting issues as the cost of doing business.  We need to know for certain they are in fact rare, and not the tip of an iceberg.  This cavalier dismissal on the part of many after a few days to say forget about it is irresponsible.

They've literally paused the J&J vaccine for multiple days now and likely for at least another couple of weeks, I'd say the people that matter most when making the important decisions are taking it quite seriously.

The Pfizer shot seems like the best overall shot to go with in terms of protection and lessening chances of adverse events. 3 shots in one year as the CEO is suggesting is a lot of time carved out for getting shots, but as the next year or two unfold therapeutics will get much better and so will the vaccines - it's ultimately not something to bother too much about.

On 4/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Better to have two shitty days than a dirt nap or hospitalization. And you may have an reaction with the 2nd dose. It's treatable.

5 in a million have severe reactions.

bgw

Wife and I had the virus in Oct. I was moderate, she was very sick. Got tested 3 weeks ago and still have antibodies.

Have been told, and read that so far, it seems the worst reactions are people with a high antibody count. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, rockinl said:

Wife and I had the virus in Oct. I was moderate, she was very sick. Got tested 3 weeks ago and still have antibodies.

Have been told, and read that so far, it seems the worst reactions are people with a high antibody count. 

I've heard several "internet doctors"  (so take it for what it's worth lol) claim it's irresponsible to vaccinate people with high levels of pre-existing antibodies, but apparently that's not the way this is being rolled out.... 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, rockinl said:

These medical journals are wordy and seemingly not intended for general public consumption. I’m reading that a second shot my not be necessary for those who’ve had a bout of Covid-19. Then another article saying if you’re fully vaccinated transmission is rare but El Paso has over 700 cases where this is false. Putting that number against the global number would make it rare. 
We certainly are learning more about this virus, there’s plenty more to learn going forward. 
Best of health to you and yours, Rock. 

bgw