Jump to content

If Anyone’s Interested


Recommended Posts

Today is probably the best game you are going to see in NY during this odd Spring Season.  Iona Prep vs Canisius.  Being streamed online at 4:30 pm today EST @ 

https://events.locallive.tv/events/50009

Weather in the New Rochelle NY area should be in the low 60s. Cloudy and the rain should hold off. Ideal football 🏈 weather. 4:30 pm kickoff EST between @CanisiusHSFB and @ionafootball. Game will be live streamed on @locallivenet.
 

 

 

  • Thanks 6
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'll most definitely tune in. 

But I have to ask.. 

Whatever happened to Archbishop Stepinac?

They are right down the street from me.  Young team with a lot of underclass men.  Very average talent this year, down from the last few seasons.  Historically Stepinac was never a power, but recently have had solid football and basketball squads. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

They are right down the street from me.  Young team with a lot of underclass men.  Very average talent this year, down from the last few seasons.  Historically Stepinac was never a power, but recently have had solid football and basketball squads. 

I remember a while back MP and USAT had Stepinac ranked in the top 25. 

I actually wanted to see them play. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I remember a while back MP and USAT had Stepinac ranked in the top 25. 

I actually wanted to see them play. 

 

I don’t pay attention to rankings very much, but if we are being honest there has never been a Stepinac football team that I would consider to be top 25 in the country.  They have had a couple of teams top 100 worthy, but never in the top 25 IMO.  In Basketball they have been ranked that high (and deservingly so) I would assume.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I don’t pay attention to rankings very much, but if we are being honest there has never been a Stepinac football team that I would consider to be top 25 in the country.  They have had a couple of teams top 100 worthy, but never in the top 25 IMO.  In Basketball they have been ranked that high I would assume.

Paramus Catholic had a all NYC this year, didn’t win a game so some are transferring back to NYC,

 

WILL they be eligible to play in NYC  since they already played a football season in NJ earlier this year??

 

that would be crazy  if you can play 2 football seasons in one school year

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Paramus Catholic had a all NYC this year, didn’t win a game so some are transferring back to NYC,

 

WILL they be eligible to play in NYC  since they already played a football season in NJ earlier this year??

 

that would be crazy  if you can play 2 football seasons in one school year

And @NYHSFAN33 how’s Eramus hall, they usually got plenty of D1 athletes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Paramus Catholic had a all NYC this year, didn’t win a game so some are transferring back to NYC,

 

WILL they be eligible to play in NYC  since they already played a football season in NJ earlier this year??

 

that would be crazy  if you can play 2 football seasons in one school year

I am not sure about the rules, but NYC teams aren’t playing - Deblasio and all that. I doubt that any of the players you are referring to came from Westchester or north (Not sure about Long Island) so I doubt it.  My best guess is the guys you are talking about transferred from schools in Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island where they aren’t having a season.  Not 100% sure but I doubt they would be allowed to play 2 seasons in 1 year anyway. I doubt that any of the Westchester Schools would allow it anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I am not sure about the rules, but NYC teams aren’t playing - Deblasio and all that. I doubt that any of the players you are referring to came from Westchester or north (Not sure about Long Island) so I doubt it.  My best guess is the guys you are talking about transferred from schools in Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island where they aren’t having a season.  Not 100% sure but I doubt they would be allowed to play 2 seasons in 1 year anyway. I doubt that any of the Westchester Schools would allow it anyway.

I have heard most of the players in NYC trying to get film attended a bunch of camps in the Fall and made training videos to supplement whatever game film was already out there.  Unfortunate situation for them really crappy circumstance out of their control. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I am not sure about the rules, but NYC teams aren’t playing - Deblasio and all that. I doubt that any of the players you are referring to came from Westchester or north (Not sure about Long Island) so I doubt it.  My best guess is the guys you are talking about transferred from schools in Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island where they aren’t having a season.  Not 100% sure but I doubt they would be allowed to play 2 seasons in 1 year anyway. I doubt that any of the Westchester Schools would allow it anyway.

I’ll have to double check , I know PCs all star RB has transferred out and scrubbed all the PC info of social, curious on what HS he gonna play for

 

4DF6D5E3-10C0-4C7D-B269-81A5B5FE4DDE.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’ll have to double check , I know PCs all star RB has transferred out and scrubbed all the PC info of social, curious on what HS he gonna play for

 

4DF6D5E3-10C0-4C7D-B269-81A5B5FE4DDE.jpeg

He played for Curtis HS - Staten Island. Public School (NYC-PSAL) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, elKakador said:

Why did they start a game @4:30 on a field that has no lights?

Lights went out for Canisius a while ago on this game.  In all seriousness I think because Canisius had a 6 hr ride to the location - didn’t stay overnight due to NY COVID protocol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Lights went out for Canisius a while ago on this game.  In all seriousness I think because Canisius had a 6 hr ride to the location - didn’t stay overnight due to NY COVID protocol 

Wow bruhhhh that’s so fucked, I thought they were from city, they from Toronto , I don’t know why A coach would put thier kids thru a 12 hour bus ride in a day

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Wow bruhhhh that’s so fucked, I thought they were from city, they from Toronto , I don’t know why A coach would put thier kids thru a 12 hour bus ride in a day

Yea Buffalo NY to New Rochelle NY is a long drive 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 5:37 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Wow bruhhhh that’s so fucked, I thought they were from city, they from Toronto , I don’t know why A coach would put thier kids thru a 12 hour bus ride in a day

Yeeeah.... that's worse than Shreveport to NOLA and back.

(Don't ask...Too many demographics factors)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...