Jump to content

All time Best 3 Year Run - Finalists


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is going to be long and self serving, hopefully somewhat relevant. I am old (74).  But for 35 or more years I went out of my way in a career of very heavy travel around the U. S. to see the

04-06 Lakeland FL   They went 45-0, won 3 straight state championships, and won a piece of 2 national championships.  one OOS game played. Beat St X in Ohio 25-22. X finished 3rd in Ohio

DLS has lost more kids transferring out than they have gained and I can't think of any kids that came in and played a significant amount of time or had major impact post streak.  Maybe there was a sma

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

A requirement should be to have at least one board member who was alive and paying attention during the years in question. 

Even if there was they wouldn’t remember it now. Too old. Lol 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Didn't they lose to Lake Gibson in the 2004 Kick off Classic?  Or was that considered a "scrimmage"?

It was the kickoff classic, which doesn't count. 

They ran off 53 straight wins over four years, 45 of which were from those three seasons.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedZone said:

The teams, schedules, and numbers don't lie, samuel...

EVERYONE can see it no matter how hard you try to sell it.

Do the right thing.

DLS is a nice little Tier 2 team on "your" list which is obviously turning out to be slanted.

 

 

 

Any list that excludes 2014-2016 Gorman is bogus. 
 

The Gaels were undefeated at that time with a 45-0 record. They won three consecutive MNCs. They owned California during that run and played marquee programs from the whole US. 
 

It is quite possible that Gorman was excluded because Samuel is still butt hurt from all of the beatings that the Gaels put on the Friars. 
🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Any list that excludes 2014-2016 Gorman is bogus. 
 

The Gaels were undefeated at that time with a 45-0 record. They won three consecutive MNCs. They owned California during that run and played marquee programs from the whole US. 
 

It is quite possible that Gorman was excluded because Samuel is still butt hurt from all of the beatings that the Gaels put on the Friars. 
🤣

Just giving all teams a chance to be vetted. Nothing is even close to being finalized 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Updated Tier 1 Contenders

Team Year Record Nat Rank
Allen 2012-14 46-1 #1: #1: #16
Bishop Gorman 2014-16 45-0 #3: #4: #1
Booker T Wash 2012-14 42-1 #20: #1: #6
Central Bucks West 1997-99 45-0 #4; #7; #4
DLS 2001-03 37-0 #1: #1: #1
Don Bosco 2009-11 36-0 #1; #2: #1
ECA 1997-99 45-0 #12: #3: #2
Lakeland 2004-06 45-0 #8: #1: #3
Mater Dei 2017-19 42-2 #1: #1: #2
Moeller 1976-78 36-0 #1; #1; #1
SLC 2004-06 48-0 #1;#2; #1
STA 2008-10 43-1 #1: ?: #1
St. Ignatious 1993-95 35-1 #1; ?; #1

Teams without an MNC should NOT be tier one, imo.....Remember that DBP won two within that three year period and changed the face of HS football...Their SOS in state and out was among the best...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

Teams without an MNC should NOT be tier one, imo.....Remember that DBP won two within that three year period and changed the face of HS football...Their SOS in state and out was among the best...

Bosco mantra was "any team anywhere"....They did that too...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mag44 said:

Bosco mantra was "any team anywhere"....They did that too...

But they really never played a super fast team, with the possible exception of Manatee in 2011. And homer refs acknowledged, that was a pretty good game. I understand the team that played Miami Central wasn't anywhere near as good as the teams in that three-year streak. But that 50-21 home loss has to make people wonder if the 2011 (or 2009, 2010) team might have ended up losing something like 35-28. Bosco hasn't been known for tremendous team speed, and so teams that do have tremendous team speed and have schemes built around exploiting that would figure to be an Achilles' heel for them.

IMO, to be truly great, you have to beat teams that are strongly suited in a variety of ways (fast; powerful; passing-oriented; rushing-oriented etc).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Team Year Record Nat Rank Best Ever Top 25 OOD/OOS 
Allen 2012-'14 47-1 #4, #1, #1/2 2013  
Bishop Gorman 2014-16 45-0 #1/2,#1,#1 2014, 2016 SJB, STA, Cen10, Chill, Kahuku, Cocoa
DLS 2001-03 37-0 #1: #1: #1 2001 ECA, St. Louis, Poly, MD
Don Bosco 2009-11 36-0 #1; #2: #1 2009; 2011 DLS, MV, Prattville
Lakeland 2004-06 45-0 #18, #1, #1/2 2005; 2006 05 St. X
Mater Dei 2017-19 42-2 #1: #1: #2 2017 '18 IMG, '19 SFA, '19SJC,'17, '18 DLS
Moeller 1975-77 36-0 #1; #1; #1 1976  
SLC 2004-06 48-0 #1;#2; #1/2 2005; 2006  
STA 2008-10 43-1 #1: ?: #1 2008; 2010 2010 Elder
St. Ignatius 1993-95 41-1 #1; #22; #1/2 1993; 1995  
Link to post
Share on other sites

**Very Important - We are adding SOS metrics

The metrics used for scoring the teams are as follows:  The 6 teams with the lowest # of points will be in Tier 1

Metric #

1.  Win loss record - Teams with 0 losses get 0 points.  Teams with 1 loss = 1 point.  Teams with 2 losses = 2 points

2.  Teams with #1 rankings (in any poll)  - Start with 3 points and subtract 1 point for every #1 Ranking

3.  Teams with # of Top 25 "Best ever teams" in any publication.  Start with 3 points and subtract 1 point for each mention.

4.  Top 25 in district wins.  Start with 6 points and subtract 1 point for every Top 25 in district win. (in any poll).  Minimum is 0 points

5.  Top 25 OOD/OOS wins .  Start with 6 points and subtract 1 point for every Top 25 OOD/OOS win (in any poll).  Min is 0 points

 

*Lowest 6 teams in total points = Tier 1         Points Points Points Points Points Total
          Metric 1 Met- 2 Met 3 Met 4 Met 5  
Team Year Record Nat Rank Best Ever Top 25 Record Nat. Rank Best evr In Dist OOD/OOS  
Allen 2012-'14 47-1 #4, #1, #1/2 2013 2 1 2     5
Bishop Gorman 2014-16 45-0 #1/2,#1,#1 2014, 2016 1 0 1     2
DLS 1999-01 37-0 #1: #1: #1 2001 1 0 2     3
Don Bosco 2009-11 36-0 #1; #2: #1 2009; 2011 1 1 1     3
Lakeland 2004-06 45-0 #18, #1, #1/2 2005; 2006 2 1 1     4
Mater Dei 2017-19 42-2 #1: #1: #2 2017 3 1 2     6
Moeller 1975-77 36-0 #?; #1; #1 1976 1 1 2     4
SLC 2004-06 48-0 #1;#2; #1/2 2005; 2006 1 1 1     3
STA 2008-10 43-1 #1: ?: #1 2008; 2010 2 1 1     4
St. Ignatius 1993-95 41-1 #1; #22; #1/2 1993; 1995 2 1 1     4

 

 

 

 

 

 

HS football Top Runs.xlsx

HS football Top Runs.xlsx

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

**Very Important - We are adding SOS metrics

The metrics used for scoring the teams are as follows:  The 6 teams with the lowest # of points will be in Tier 1

Metric #

1.  Win loss record - Teams with 0 losses get 0 points.  Teams with 1 loss = 1 point.  Teams with 2 losses = 2 points

2.  Teams with #1 rankings (in any poll)  - Start with 3 points and subtract 1 point for every #1 Ranking

3.  Teams with # of Top 25 "Best ever teams" in any publication.  Start with 3 points and subtract 1 point for each mention.

4.  Top 25 in district wins.  Start with 6 points and subtract 1 point for every Top 25 in district win. (in any poll)

5.  Top 25 OOD/OOS wins .  Start with 6 points and subtract 1 point for every Top 25 OOD/OOS win (in any poll).  Min is 0 points

 

*Lowest 6 teeams in total points = Tier 1         Points Points Points Points Points Total
          Metric 1 Met- 2 Met 3 Met 4 Met 5  
Team Year Record Nat Rank Best Ever Top 25 Record Nat. Rank Best evr In Dist OOD/OOS  
Allen 2012-'14 47-1 #4, #1, #1/2 2013 2 1 2     5
Bishop Gorman 2014-16 45-0 #1/2,#1,#1 2014, 2016 1 0 1     2
DLS 2001-03 37-0 #1: #1: #1 2001 1 0 2     3
Don Bosco 2009-11 36-0 #1; #2: #1 2009; 2011 1 1 1     3
Lakeland 2004-06 43-1 #18, #1, #1/2 2005; 2006 2 1 1     4
Mater Dei 2017-19 42-2 #1: #1: #2 2017 3 1 2     6
Moeller 1975-77 36-0 #?; #1; #1 1976 1 1 2     4
SLC 2004-06 48-0 #1;#2; #1/2 2005; 2006 1 1 1     3
STA 2008-10 43-1 #1: ?: #1 2008; 2010 2 1 1     4
St. Ignatius 1993-95 41-1 #1; #22; #1/2 1993; 1995 2 1 1     4

Strength of schedule??? RIP Gorman. They may have gone 15-0 but they played 10-12 rejects every year. #bye 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Strength of schedule??? RIP Gorman. They may have gone 15-0 but they played 10-12 rejects every year. #bye 

The Bishop beat 6 Top 25 OOS teams during the run so that = 0 penalty points

But they didn't have any Top 25 in district wins = 6 penalty points, but so did several other teams including DLS

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

**Very Important - We are adding SOS metrics

The metrics used for scoring the teams are as follows:  The 6 teams with the lowest # of points will be in Tier 1

Metric #

1.  Win loss record - Teams with 0 losses get 0 points.  Teams with 1 loss = 1 point.  Teams with 2 losses = 2 points

2.  Teams with #1 rankings (in any poll)  - Start with 3 points and subtract 1 point for every #1 Ranking

3.  Teams with # of Top 25 "Best ever teams" in any publication.  Start with 3 points and subtract 1 point for each mention.

4.  Top 25 in district wins.  Start with 6 points and subtract 1 point for every Top 25 in district win. (in any poll).  Minimum is 0 points

5.  Top 25 OOD/OOS wins .  Start with 6 points and subtract 1 point for every Top 25 OOD/OOS win (in any poll).  Min is 0 points

 

*Lowest 6 teeams in total points = Tier 1         Points Points Points Points Points Total
          Metric 1 Met- 2 Met 3 Met 4 Met 5  
Team Year Record Nat Rank Best Ever Top 25 Record Nat. Rank Best evr In Dist OOD/OOS  
Allen 2012-'14 47-1 #4, #1, #1/2 2013 2 1 2     5
Bishop Gorman 2014-16 45-0 #1/2,#1,#1 2014, 2016 1 0 1     2
DLS 2001-03 37-0 #1: #1: #1 2001 1 0 2     3
Don Bosco 2009-11 36-0 #1; #2: #1 2009; 2011 1 1 1     3
Lakeland 2004-06 43-1 #18, #1, #1/2 2005; 2006 2 1 1     4
Mater Dei 2017-19 42-2 #1: #1: #2 2017 3 1 2     6
Moeller 1975-77 36-0 #?; #1; #1 1976 1 1 2     4
SLC 2004-06 48-0 #1;#2; #1/2 2005; 2006 1 1 1     3
STA 2008-10 43-1 #1: ?: #1 2008; 2010 2 1 1     4
St. Ignatius 1993-95 41-1 #1; #22; #1/2 1993; 1995 2 1 1     4

HS football Top Runs.xlsx 10.52 kB · 3 downloads

I remember the national teams Faust’s Moeller played (and ‘81 Mo who beat Beuerlein’s Servite) but not all the years.

’80, DeMatha WMAC champion that year)

’79. Hampton Bethel (VA state champion)

From ‘75 to ‘78 included Brother Rice, Miami Christopher Columbus, Dallas Jesuit and a Pittsburgh team (North Hills?) Plus Ohio was strong then.  Moeller was the first to play teams from TX, FL and CA.  They were the national benchmark to measure your program by.  I saw the DM/Moeller game in 1980 at UC with about 20,000+ and was shocked-they seemed and looked like a major college team.  Enquirer’s sports headline was Moeller beating DeMatha the next morning.  They had a state championship game at OSU with over 50,000 for it somewhere in the late ‘70’s.

Moeller under Faust sounds like an exaggeration and hyperbole but they were really that spectacular and received national press at a time no other team did.  They were special.  They had to be for him to get the head coach job at Notre Dame.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

I remember the national teams Faust’s Moeller played (and ‘81 Mo who beat Beuerlein’s Servite) but not all the years.

’80, DeMatha WMAC champion that year)

’79. Hampton Bethel (VA state champion)

From ‘75 to ‘78 included Brother Rice, Miami Christopher Columbus, Dallas Jesuit and a Pittsburgh team (North Hills?) Plus Ohio was strong then.  Moeller was the first to play teams from TX, FL and CA.  They were the national benchmark to measure your program by.  I saw the DM/Moeller game in 1980 at UC with about 20,000+ and was shocked-they seemed and looked like a major college team.  Enquirer’s sports headline was Moeller beating DeMatha the next morning.  They had a state championship game at OSU with over 50,000 for it somewhere in the late ‘70’s.

Moeller under Faust sounds like an exaggeration and hyperbole but they were really that spectacular and received national press at a time no other team did.  They were special.  They had to be for him to get the head coach job at Notre Dame.

What I need is the Top 25 wins for the years 1975, 1976, 1977 and 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982

Also win loss records/schedules for those years. and national ranking for 1975, 1979, 1980, 1982

Link to post
Share on other sites

With 75% of the list completely scored.  The following teams are sitting in Tier 1.  (Disclaimer this could change as the rest of the teams data comes in)

Mater Dei                       6 points

Don Bosco                     7 points

Bishop Gorman             8 points

Moeller                          11 points

Allen                              12 points

STA                               13 points

DLS                               13 points

Lakeland                        13 points

 

 

@concha we need St. Ignatius 2003, 2005 Top 25 wins (OOD/OOS) and Top 25 wins in Playoff div/league

@badrouter @Nolebull813 we need the same info on Lakeland 2004-2006

 

@Yard Dart we need the same info on SLC 2004-2006

@Atticus FinchWe need the same info on 2006-2008 STA

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HS football Top Runs.xlsx

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

You are clueless. 

2016 team finished the year against 9 straight rejects. Throw in the bonanza team you played before aquinas and that’s 10 rejects on the year. If clueless means spot on accurate then you’re correct! 

 

22 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

It would really be great if Liberty (NV) scheduled and beat Servite or JSerra or Santa Margarita. 

Hopefully you get your revenge against liberty this year!! Gonna be a real tough game for you guys considering how STACKED Nevada is with talent! 🤣🤣

01865E0B-53D1-4F20-960D-95E087123EB1.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

It would really be great if Liberty (NV) scheduled and beat Servite or JSerra or Santa Margarita. 

It would be great if the best team in your state beat one team from the bottom half of the trinity league? I laughed out loud reading that one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, badrouter said:

But they really never played a super fast team, with the possible exception of Manatee in 2011. And homer refs acknowledged, that was a pretty good game. I understand the team that played Miami Central wasn't anywhere near as good as the teams in that three-year streak. But that 50-21 home loss has to make people wonder if the 2011 (or 2009, 2010) team might have ended up losing something like 35-28. Bosco hasn't been known for tremendous team speed, and so teams that do have tremendous team speed and have schemes built around exploiting that would figure to be an Achilles' heel for them.

IMO, to be truly great, you have to beat teams that are strongly suited in a variety of ways (fast; powerful; passing-oriented; rushing-oriented etc).

.Prattville,from Ala were deer, Manatee, as you say and there were others...Very few went out to ply like Bosco, very few.....That MV team from 2011 looked like a college team and were very good, no I don't buy the speed business...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

With 75% of the list completely scored.  The following teams are sitting in Tier 1.  (Disclaimer this could change as the rest of the teams data comes in)

Mater Dei                       6 points

Don Bosco                     7 points

Bishop Gorman             8 points

Moeller                          11 points

Allen                              12 points

STA                               13 points

DLS                               13 points

Lakeland                        13 points

 

 

@concha we need St. Ignatius 2003, 2005 Top 25 wins (OOD/OOS) and Top 25 wins in Playoff div/league

@badrouter @Nolebull813 we need the same info on Lakeland 2004-2006

 

@Yard Dart we need the same info on SLC 2004-2006

@Atticus FinchWe need the same info on 2006-2008 STA

 

 

 

 

 

 

HS football Top Runs.xlsx 10.52 kB · 1 download

STA, Lakeland and DLS SOS wan not on  the level DBP, MD or BG, IMO....ie...STA cherry picked OOS awhile running over Broward state opponents.. Usually avoided tough Miami Dade teams....Would not play Bosco at Bosco......So Bosco walked all over them at West Point....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...