All time Best 3 Year Run - Finalists

Sammyswordsman

8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

If I remember right the students come from Contra Costa County mainly, at about 90%.  Alameda and Solano counties are about 7% and 3%.  DLS doesn't even necessarily get the best players in the East Bay.

Contra Costa County has 1.1 million people but only one Catholic high school for boys. So that's not really much of a statement.

I imagine 10% is about the number for most Catholic schools.

13 hours ago, BigDrop said:

This is going to be long and self serving, hopefully somewhat relevant.

I am old (74).  But for 35 or more years I went out of my way in a career of very heavy travel around the U. S. to see the best high school football I could find-anywhere.

This included absurd lengthy drives:  Amarillo to Odessa to see MoJo in the late ‘80’s (played Midland Lee and won the state championship that year), Atlanta to Valdosta (bought a “scalped ticket” to see Valdosta beat Clarke Central in the late ‘80’s also-#1 in USA Today), stood on the sidelines and saw Ronald Curry’s Hampton win by 50 over ? (my friend was a close friend of Mike Smith who also claimed DeMatha (who I support) wouldn’t play him, DC to Massillon to see Iggy best Massillon in ‘97 (year Canton McKinley won national), DC to Berwick to see Iggy beat Berwick (St. Ignatius was phenominal), Don Bosco at home against BC sometime in the mid 2000’s, DLS in the late ‘90’s at home, Southlake Carroll, Austin Westlake and Plano all at home when they were strong (90’s and early 2000’s), a half dozen PA state championships at Hershey and Altoona  (best team ever in PA that I saw was CB West in ‘98 in a playoff game against Parkland) and on and on.  I should also mention Rockhurst, Jefferson City, Chicago Mt. Carmel (should have received more attention on here), Louisville Trinity and maybe 50 or a 100 more.  I spent too many nights away from home.

I should also mention the frozen custard shack that is home to Manatee and the room dedicated to their football team.

Some teams were at their absolute best.  Several (Massillon, Valdosta, Permian) were experiences unlike any other.  At Mojo the couple sitting next to me told me that I was the first “Yankee” they had ever met....

I really have no idea who the absolute best may have been if they had played each other.  (Just remembered I saw Mater Dei in the ‘90’s when they were USA Today #1.)

But, FWIW, ‘80 Moeller was cut, chiseled and for all the world looked like a Division one college team.  I was told by someone who once played for Faust I had not seen Moeller’s best.  That was ‘76.

I stood five yards from where Ronald Curry of Hampton scored one of six touchdowns he passed or ran.  He is unquestionably the best hs football player I have ever seen anywhere.

Ronald Curry. (He’s in his 40’s today!!!) 

But I don’t know how he would have done against ‘80 Moeller or ‘76 Mo who had Bob Crable at middle LB. (Bob Crable is in his early 60’s!!)

Gerry Faust is in his mid ‘80’s....

I would have loved to see Valdosta play Massillon in a home and home in the ‘80’s.  Or the ‘40’s.

All of the above was in person.  Sorry but I believe it makes a difference when you hear the hit or see a crease on a forehead when the helmet is taken off. (Many reading this will relate...)

And, last, for a broadcast game that I did not see in person the most impressive victory of all was Don Bosco winning at Prattville, Alabama.

There aren’t a lot of NJ teams that could win in Alabama but Bosco did.

But I don’t know how that Bosco team would have done in Cincinnati in 1976....

Big, you know your stuff.....Great post...

On 4/23/2021 at 11:06 AM, RedZone said:

Hell, put Bastrop, La on the list. (2005-2007)

44-0 

3 4A State Championships.

Notable wins: Evangel Christian (remember them, they are on the DLS "run" resume)

That 2006 Bastrop Ram team featured: 

QB Randall Mackey-Ole Miss

WR Rueben Randle-LSU

WR Deangelo Benton-LSU/Auburn

RB/DB Edward Patterson-TCU

DL Josh Downs-LSU

DL De Quinta Jones-Arkansas

DL-Kentravis Aubrey-LSU

DL-LaMarcus Williams-Mississippi St

DE-Deddrick Jones-Southern Miss

...4 more who went to ULM

That 2006 Bastrop team roster all total probably sent close to 30+ to the college ranks during that run. D1/FCS/..and etc.

They don't need to be on the list here, but don't deny the talent.

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That 2006 Bastrop Ram team featured: 

QB Randall Mackey-Ole Miss

WR Rueben Randle-LSU

WR Deangelo Benton-LSU/Auburn

RB/DB Edward Patterson-TCU

DL Josh Downs-LSU

DL De Quinta Jones-Arkansas

DL-Kentravis Aubrey-LSU

DL-LaMarcus Williams-Mississippi St

DE-Deddrick Jones-Southern Miss

...4 more who went to ULM

That 2006 Bastrop team roster all total probably sent close to 30+ to the college ranks during that run. D1/FCS/..and etc.

They don't need to be on the list here, but don't deny the talent.

John Curtis got the glory in 2006 and ended #2 in the Nation behind SLC.

Bastrop finished Top 25 in a couple of the Polls that year.

Bastrop/Curtis would have been a hell of a game in 2006.

1 Curtis [John] (River Ridge, LA) Louisiana 2A District 10 2A 14-0 4-0 (1st) 9-0 68.2 21.5 110-65
WINS: #133 Hoover (AL) (28-14), #787 St. Charles Catholic (LaPlace, LA) (41-7), #787 St. Charles Catholic (LaPlace, LA) (40-0), #1064 St. James (LA) (19-7), #2368 Mandeville (LA) (43-0), #2454 West Jefferson (Harvey, LA) (35-0), #2498 East Feliciana (Jackson, LA) (59-12), #3272 Donaldsonville (LA) (34-6), #3272 Donaldsonville (LA) (50-6), #3584 Homer (LA) (47-6), #4472 Choctawhatchee (Fort Walton Beach, FL) (41-3), #4779 Salmen (Slidell, LA) (35-7), #5782 Riverside Academy (Reserve, LA) (54-0), #8905 Pine (Franklinton, LA) (50-14), LOSSES: none

2 Bastrop (LA) Louisiana 4A District 2 4A 15-0 5-0 (1st) 10-0 64.3 24 98-80
WINS: #238 Archbishop Shaw (Marrero, LA) (28-14), #645 Ouachita Parish (Monroe, LA) (35-21), #645 Ouachita Parish (Monroe, LA) (35-7), #716 Neville (Monroe, LA) (32-0), #773 Minden (LA) (60-6), #811 Ruston (LA) (46-14), #2075 Zachary (LA) (49-7), #2283 Richwood (Monroe, LA) (49-12), #2580 Edmond Santa Fe (Edmond, OK) (33-0), #3756 West Ouachita (West Monroe, LA) (49-0), #5303 Belle Chasse (LA) (48-14), #5782 Carroll (Monroe, LA) (48-7), #5940 Franklin Parish (Winnsboro, LA) (49-0), #6076 Huntington (Shreveport, LA) (6-3), #14221 Block (Jonesville, LA) (56-0), LOSSES: none

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Notable wins =  one single win against a crappy Evangel

👍

They beat a couple quality teams here during that run, but you wouldn't know much about it.

Not a big deal anyways......Bastrop had a ton of talent during their run though.

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

And we don't talk about those other 14,000 schools either.

Sure we do........you especially. 

Anyways,

Bastrop's schedules were light years better than Oakland, TN and etc.....yet Oakland gets ranked almost every year in the National polls and here too by the Poll Master. 😂

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

.....only Bastrop had Top 25 talent, most of the 14,000 didn't.

Then why did they only beat #2180 Rayville, 42-36?

Or #2303 Alexandria, 21-17?

Or #2426 Carroll, 43-32?

Or #5133 Richwood, 20-7?

Or #6076 Huntington, 6-3?

Or #7816 Franklin Parish, 20-0?

They barely beat incompetent teams. Bragging about their talent should be embarrassing.

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Then why did they only beat #2180 Rayville, 42-36?

Or #2303 Alexandria, 21-17?

Or #2426 Carroll, 43-32?

Or #5133 Richwood, 20-7?

Or #6076 Huntington, 6-3?

They barely beat incompetent teams. Bragging about their talent should be embarrassing.

You don't know the first thing about those teams or any of the context....all you see is numbers.

I could play that game all day long and ask the questions "why did this team or that team only beat this team or that team by that much/whatever"..they suck.

It's a silly game.

34 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

2005: 20-0

2006: 49-0

2007: 54-14

41-4 MOV average

What you don't know is Bastrop had some issues during their run.......After Hurricane Katrina hit (2005) a bunch of South La players transferred to Bastrop and the State was all over Bastrop. It was a big deal here. Some players had to sit out a year, some didn't. Giant mess....

Anyways, you are clueless.

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What you don't know is Bastrop had some issues during their run.......After Hurricane Katrina hit (2005) a bunch of South La players transferred to Bastrop and the State was all over Bastrop. It was a big deal here. Some players had to sit out a year, some didn't. Giant mess....

Good grief.

Blaming a hurricane on Bastrp not being able to dominate a #7000+ team.

👌