"The Game" this week, MD vs. SJB for National Champs

jserralions

Being back in the grotto tonight brought back a ton of cool memories for me. Lucky to be apart of this program. Chopped it up with Rollo tonight, he’s already in full go mode for the fall. The country was lucky our state leadership is so piss poor and this team didn’t get to bang heads against a national schedule. Three stripers have this next week off then it’s back to business on the 26th. Pride Poise & Courage!! Job finished. If you’re in OC, come to Malarky’s in Newport Beach. Drinks on me.  

3145DEF7-D8B1-4A14-A525-92739B101193.jpeg

D4D87A04-C284-4F1A-B6C3-A31A1FF1B584.jpeg

• Like 4

The guys from Fox were great.  Like I told our team “you’re only as good as your last game”. 

We didn’t execute well vs Servite and people thought this team was down.  A lot of the reason for that is Servite has a fine team and was physically tougher than us that night.

We redeemed ourselves against Bosco.  Our young QB executed the throws and were confident we can schedule nationally again.

#dillydilly

#RedResolutuon

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yep. Turns out our good Salesian brothers from bellflower are not very fond of us 🤣

Being a Catholic  ( Christian ) school , I think what SJB did, and allowed to do,  at midfield before game,  is  pathetic and should be unacceptable to the admin of SJB . Speaks volumes

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Being a Catholic  ( Christian ) school , I think what SJB did, and allowed to do,  at midfield before game,  is  pathetic and should be unacceptable to the admin of SJB . Speaks volumes

And it's not just this class. There's video of Chris Steele in '18 yelling the same thing in the locker room before the SS 'ship. It was so rich to then see Bru go out and embarrass him time and again that game.  Karma.

5 minutes ago, jserralions said:

Why did the MD players spray water all over SJB players and coaches after the game? Did SJB do that last year to em? Seemed like a brawl almost broke out at the end

Not even close to a brawl. MD players were celebrating squirting the gatorade bottles in the air as they ran on the field. MD and bosco players shook it up after the game. 

Just now, Eddyr2 said:

Hope the kids gets a to play D1...

3 hours ago, MD87 said:

And it's not just this class. There's video of Chris Steele in '18 yelling the same thing in the locker room before the SS 'ship. It was so rich to then see Bru go out and embarrass him time and again that game.  Karma.

Bru was the best player MD has had since Groots

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Hope the kids gets a to play D1...loves how he ran down hill

ikr?  When was the last time a kid that small drew oohs and aahs from the crowd on hits like he delivered?  And a great nose for the ball.  He has a few D1's (Cincinnati being the best, if memory serves).  I think he'd go great in an environment like that - no name kids doing big things.