Can the Right let go of Trump? Because I'm happy to offer my support for some time if so...

badrouter

I am every bit as terrified-if not more- of what I see from the woke mob and the media/social media complicit in the pushing of The Narrative than I was with Trump. But, I'm a liberal. (I'm not a leftist.) And Trump really is deplorable. Yes, I realize there are instances of egregious dishonesty by the media regarding Trump (I know the bounty story the media pushed just fell apart). But, I can read what he has said, listen to what he says at his rallies, and consider things he's done which are not in dispute and still see he's deplorable. 

It seems clear that, all things considered-and 'all things' involves the media and the general national hysteria- the left has begun to completely dominate and has shown total willingness to operate in a totalitarian fashion. And, so, given the fact that they've gone completely off the rails, I am ready to oppose them. At least until they've been neutered. But, I'm not going to support Trump, or someone like Matt Gaetz, or any of the Qanon freaks. 

Am I as fucked as it seems? Or might we see someone reasonable step forward as the voice of the right? No Trump, nobody nakedly crooked, no Jesus freaks, and no Qanon freaks. Any chance we can see someone not in those categories emerge to lead the right? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I am every bit as terrified-if not more- of what I see from the woke mob and the media/social media complicit in the pushing of The Narrative than I was with Trump. But, I'm a liberal. (I'm not a leftist.) And Trump really is deplorable. Yes, I realize there are instances of egregious dishonesty by the media regarding Trump (I know the bounty story the media pushed just fell apart). But, I can read what he has said, listen to what he says at his rallies, and consider things he's done which are not in dispute and still see he's deplorable. 

It seems clear that, all things considered-and 'all things' involves the media and the general national hysteria- the left has begun to completely dominate and has shown total willingness to operate in a totalitarian fashion. And, so, given the fact that they've gone completely off the rails, I am ready to oppose them. At least until they've been neutered. But, I'm not going to support Trump, or someone like Matt Gaetz, or any of the Qanon freaks. 

Am I as fucked as it seems? Or might we see someone reasonable step forward as the voice of the right? No Trump, nobody nakedly crooked, no Jesus freaks, and no Qanon freaks. Any chance we can see someone not in those categories emerge to lead the right? 

There's the Russia hoax that the left tortured the country with for years.  There's the lies about Trump showing support for white nationalists. The lie you mention above about Russian bounties... At least two of those were used in the national debates (the white nationalist one by the debate host NBC!). Anything not in agreement with far left dogma is instantly labeled racist it seems.

And have you seen the new Project Veritas videos where a CNN director is basically admitting that CNN was run as an anti-Trump network? This is not shocking, but nice to see it admitted to by an internal source.

We have the major social media sites blocking and limiting conservative voices.

It is a very dangerous time.

As regards 2024,  as of now Trump says he'll run.  DeSantis is currently seen as another candidate. Others? Very early to say.

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

nothing wrong with moving to center...🤷‍♂️

(at least you get to see 👀 both sides )

(

24 minutes ago, concha said:

There's the Russia hoax that the left tortured the country with for years.  There's the lies about Trump showing support for white nationalists. The lie you mention above about Russian bounties... At least two of those were used in the national debates (the white nationalist one by the debate host NBC!). Anything not in agreement with far left dogma is instantly labeled racist it seems.

And have you seen the new Project Veritas videos where a CNN director is basically admitting that CNN was run as an anti-Trump network? This is not shocking, but nice to see it admitted to by an internal source.

As regards 2024,  as of now Trump says he'll run.  DeSantis is currently seen as another candidate. Others? Very early to say.

Hershel Walker Candice Owens 2024

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

I believe that time as right around the corner maybe as soon as the next election. Candidates on both sides will have to move to more a liberal standpoint for votes. It'll take longer to change on the local level but on the national stage the days of being fully republican or fully democratic are dwindling.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

Nice post...I think the real Republicans will start to rise again. Trump is involved in many law suits and his availability and focus will change when they start to roll out meanwhile Liz Cheney and now ex House Speaker Bohner are standing their ground and calling Trump out for the riot he started. Will this mentality continue? or do the Republicans all get amnesia and forgive the guy who sold them a BIG lie? I think Trump will start to fade away as reality starts win some Republicans over....having no Twitter has neutered him IMO. He's no longer in the news 24/7 and fading way by the day. I would vote for Sen. Ben Sasse if he ran...or Gov. Kascich.

BTW Concha...We just had confirmation that Maniford shared Trump's campaign info. with a Russian intell. agent...so the "fake" Russian MSM story wasn't "fake" at all....Russia helped Trump get elected....White Nationals?..you forget the guys marching around with torches who Trump called good guys?? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Nice post...I think the real Republicans will start to rise again. Trump is involved in many law suits and his availability and focus will change when they start to roll out meanwhile Liz Cheney and now ex House Speaker Bohner are standing their ground and calling Trump out for the riot he started. Will this mentality continue? or do the Republicans all get amnesia and forgive the guy who sold them a BIG lie? I think Trump will start to fade away as reality starts win some Republicans over....having no Twitter has neutered him IMO. He's no longer in the news 24/7 and fading way by the day. I would vote for Sen. Ben Sasse if he ran...or Gov. Kascich.

BTW Concha...We just had confirmation that Maniford shared Trump's campaign info. with a Russian intell. agent...so the "fake" Russian MSM story wasn't "fake" at all....Russia helped Trump get elected....White Nationals?..you forget the guys marching around with torches who Trump called good guys?? 

I'd probably go for Cheney, Sasse or Kasich. Romney as well, though that ship has probably sailed.

Just now, badrouter said:

I'd probably go for Cheney, Sasse or Kasich. Romney as well, though that ship has probably sailed.

I'll boldly predict that none of the above will seriously contend for a Republican nomination in 2024.

Many Republicans wouldn't cross the street to piss on 2 or 3 of them if they were on fire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, concha said:

I'll boldly predict that none of the above will seriously contend for a Republican nomination in 2024.

Many Republicans wouldn't cross the street to piss on 2 or 3 of them if they were on fire.

You need the "center" vote of this country to win the Presidency...the one's the hard right wouldn't piss on would get a lot of votes from Independents.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, badrouter said:

Could you elaborate on what you specifically mean by being 'terrified of the woke mob and media/social media being complicit of the Narrative?  What narrative are you talking about?  Besides the bounty of our soldiers, what egregious dishonesty by the media are you referring?  

I won't judge you for choosing one person over another but have you seen ANYTHING from Republicans that tells you they stand for ANYTHING.  Seems to be a party of NO to everything except more money for big business and NOT doing anything for the people that move us forward.  If you know of any policy or anything that contradicts this please let me know.  I'm not saying the Republican party we both grew up with doesn't have good points, I'm saying I have not seen any of them since Bush 2.  And as they have become the party of conspiracy's and lies (which continue and have continued as they surely must when they have to have the back of the most prolific liar in our countries history), I don't see how they can restore any credibility from those who may be more center.  

I'm not sure if you are a believer in science but the Republicans aren't and the damage that position has cost this country is immeasurable.  And we will be paying for this stupidity well into the future and long past my last days on this planet.  You have noticed that science is become political right?  Climate change, pandemic, etc.  None of that is a political problem.  Or it wasn't not too long ago.  It's just math.  

Good luck finding anybody who is independent of the Trump cult and can get the support of the current Republican party.  

notthesame.jpg.d43a43eec5111e3180837b83b9e23006.jpg

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, concha said:

No matter how many times you say 'Russia hoax', it will still be wrong.  And it was the right who investigated the 'Russian Fact'.  Initiated by Repubs, investigated by Repubs.  All done by Repubs.  The media did report on the story though.  Those bastards, right?  Doing their job and stuff, who do they think they are?

As far as your being labeled a racist, if you don't like it stop defending them.  And not justifying the murder of every unarmed black person by the police would be a help to you if you were so inclined.  

Social media?  Hint, maybe if people didn't spread so much false bs they might not get banned.  Thankfully there is a price to be paid for being a lying prick.  

It's only a dangerous time for a scared coward like you.  Good luck with that.  Snowflake.  

In case you forgot----

allrepublicans.png.3caf1633665aa8278f4bdd83d9945b88.png

repubinvestigation.thumb.jpg.c4cd395349b880cec2206997df6892ef.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, World Citizen said:

No matter how many times you say 'Russia hoax', it will still be wrong.  And it was the right who investigated the 'Russian Fact'.  Initiated by Repubs, investigated by Repubs.  All done by Repubs.  The media did report on the story though.  Those bastards, right?  Doing their job and stuff, who do they think they are?

As far as your being labeled a racist, if you don't like it stop defending them.  And not justifying the murder of every unarmed black person by the police would be a help to you if you were so inclined.  

Social media?  Hint, maybe if people didn't spread so much false bs they might not get banned.  Thankfully there is a price to be paid for being a lying prick.  

It's only a dangerous time for a scared coward like you.  Good luck with that.  Snowflake.  

In case you forgot----

Russia was instigated by the Hillary campaign. That is the fact. A bullshit dossier funded by Dems paying foreigners and pushed incessantly by leftwing pols and their MSM and social media bootlickers.

The investigation was done by a man the Dems swore by until the results came out. And then they lost their shit.  Mueller's investigative team was near-as-damn all Dems, if not all. Fact.

Cries of racism from the left come as easily as breathing.  What is NOT "racist" these days if the Dems don't like it?  You asshats keep bringing up Charlottesville and - almost without fail - completely ignore Trump's clear condemnation of white supremacists, who he said - and I quote - "...should be condemned totally".  Even Factcheck cried bullshit. But NBC sure as shit brought it up in a national debate forum anyway.  No challenges to Joey Applesauce of any note at all. Let alone lies.

You are a jackass, dude.  Who justifies the murder of every unarmed black person by the police? Certainly not me. You are speaking from the political side where most people think the number of unarmed black men killed by cops in a year is in the thousands. You are fools.

🤡

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, concha said:

Not to Hijack a thread, but beenie boy LOL had a guest on that I thought explains how pretty simply...

founder of Wikipedia, to discuss what's gone wrong with the platform.

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Could you elaborate on what you specifically mean by being 'terrified of the woke mob and media/social media being complicit of the Narrative?  What narrative are you talking about?  Besides the bounty of our soldiers, what egregious dishonesty by the media are you referring?  

I won't judge you for choosing one person over another but have you seen ANYTHING from Republicans that tells you they stand for ANYTHING.  Seems to be a party of NO to everything except more money for big business and NOT doing anything for the people that move us forward.  If you know of any policy or anything that contradicts this please let me know.  I'm not saying the Republican party we both grew up with doesn't have good points, I'm saying I have not seen any of them since Bush 2.  And as they have become the party of conspiracy's and lies (which continue and have continued as they surely must when they have to have the back of the most prolific liar in our countries history), I don't see how they can restore any credibility from those who may be more center.  

I'm not sure if you are a believer in science but the Republicans aren't and the damage that position has cost this country is immeasurable.  And we will be paying for this stupidity well into the future and long past my last days on this planet.  You have noticed that science is become political right?  Climate change, pandemic, etc.  None of that is a political problem.  Or it wasn't not too long ago.  It's just math.  

Good luck finding anybody who is independent of the Trump cult and can get the support of the current Republican party.  

notthesame.jpg.d43a43eec5111e3180837b83b9e23006.jpg

I'm terrified by a lot I see, but with limited time I'll just offer a couple biggies:

- Race essentialism, which makes race the first and primary characteristic people see and consider when judging others.

- The ideas of Ibram X. Kendi. Feel free to look them up, but in a nutshell they involve intentional discrimination based on race, a constitutional amendment which creates a "Department of Anti-Racism" which has the power to overrule and also discipline anyone and everyone, and is unable to be checked by the President, Congress, the Supreme Court or anyone else.

- The mainstream and media buying into these ideas and shoving them down our throats 24/7/365

- The media taking on a totalitarian approach, where an outlet like YouTube takes down a video of a DISCUSSION between two doctors and a governor on the grounds that ideas and viewpoints shared were "not in alignment with the consensus of the experts". What viewpoints were problematic were not disclosed. Who the experts referred to as comprising the consensus were not shared. Why the doctors, including an epidemiologist were not classified as experts was not made clear. And, worst of all, why it is that expressing viewpoints not in agreement with the consensus of experts is disallowed is totally unclear.

- Democrats moving to increase the Supreme Court to 13, and moving to make a city also a state (DC). These are nakedly partisan power plays along the lines of what Mitch McConnel did in blocking Merrick Garland and then rushing ABC through to the USSC.

- Leftists appear determined to match the anti-science, anti-reality bend of much of the right. When you present data from the CDC showing Covid outcomes very middle-of-the-road in Florida, they claim the data is fraudulent and is part of a conspiracy to make DeSantis look good. When numerous scientific studies are released showing the safety in reopening schools, that science/data is dismissed as fraudulent and part of a conspiracy to force teachers back into harm's way. When the CDC releases science/data showing that one meter (~3 feet) is sufficient distance between students in a classroom, that science/data is dismissed as fraudulent and necessarily evidence, again, of a conspiracy to force teachers back in harm's way. Several prominent districts in my state of residence REFUSE to return to the classroom over this. When the CDC releases MONTHS old data showing fomite (surfaces, objects) transmission is minuscule and the obsessive deep cleaning is a waste (and actually an existential threat to humanity by leading to more bacterial resistance of antibiotics etc), the left totally rejects this and doubles down on the cleaning requirements.

I did a terrible job of keeping this short.

• Thanks 1

Trump’s influence over GOP is tested in early 2022 fundraising

SOO RIN KIM and KENDALL KARSON
Fri, April 16, 2021, 9:28 PM

Former President Donald Trump's legacy continues to loom over the GOP, as both those backed by the pugnacious would-be kingmaker and those who have made their name by siding against him are boasting strong fundraising numbers as they head toward the 2022 election cycle.

In the first signs of Trump's influence over the 2022 midterm race, significant fundraising sums are being reported by strong Trump allies, Republicans who have fundraised with him, and candidates on both sides of races in which Trump has taken sides.

With the former president plotting retribution against his political enemies, the numbers suggest his involvement may actually be boosting both the candidates he's supporting and the ones he's hoping to oust. The 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach him and whose seats are considered either safe or competitive -- including Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., and Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill. -- all posted strong first-quarter sums, with many of them enjoying their best quarter of fundraising in years.

Cheney, who Trump has targeted by name, is fending off pro-Trump forces who accuse her of betraying the former president through her impeachment vote. Still, she brought in $1.5 million.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DBP66 said:

He's no longer in the news 24/7 and fading way by the day. 

NO WAY !!!!

BUT THAT'S YOUR IDOL

WHAT WILL YOU DO NOW ???

47 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Trump’s influence over GOP is tested in early 2022 fundraising

SOO RIN KIM and KENDALL KARSON
Fri, April 16, 2021, 9:28 PM

Former President Donald Trump's legacy continues to loom over the GOP, as both those backed by the pugnacious would-be kingmaker and those who have made their name by siding against him are boasting strong fundraising numbers as they head toward the 2022 election cycle.

In the first signs of Trump's influence over the 2022 midterm race, significant fundraising sums are being reported by strong Trump allies, Republicans who have fundraised with him, and candidates on both sides of races in which Trump has taken sides.

With the former president plotting retribution against his political enemies, the numbers suggest his involvement may actually be boosting both the candidates he's supporting and the ones he's hoping to oust. The 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach him and whose seats are considered either safe or competitive -- including Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., and Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill. -- all posted strong first-quarter sums, with many of them enjoying their best quarter of fundraising in years.

Cheney, who Trump has targeted by name, is fending off pro-Trump forces who accuse her of betraying the former president through her impeachment vote. Still, she brought in $1.5 million.

just keep on posting about him 🤣

giphy.webp

PS: You might have to ask the OP if he can change the title of the thread for you...🤓

🤡

• Sad 1

The Wall Street Journal.

House Republicans Who Voted to Impeach Trump See Fundraising Boost

John McCormick, Chad Day  4 hrs ago.
As they prepare to face primary challengers, the 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach then-President Donald Trump after his supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 raised significantly more money during the first quarter of 2021 than they did two years earlier.

The group, leveraging the power of incumbency, also swamped their GOP primary opponents in almost every instance during the first round of fundraising since angering Mr. Trump with their votes, new Federal Election Commission filings show.

While all the incumbents outraised challengers who filed campaign finance reports, it is still early in the two-year election cycle and money is just one factor in typically low-turnout primaries.

Mr. Trump’s political-action committees could also weigh in financially on some of the contests, and his endorsements could carry significant weight with the party’s base. The PACs aren’t required to report their latest totals until July, but one of them, Save America PAC, started the year with $31 million in the bank and has continued to raise money since then.

In a speech earlier this year at the Conservative Political Action Conference, where he called out all 10 by name, Mr. Trump told his supporters to “get rid of them all” in next year’s elections.

Nine of the 10 incumbents already have primary challengers, in some cases multiple ones. Some GOP strategists worry such party infighting could undermine their prospects of taking back control of Congress in 2022, though half of the districts represented by Republicans who voted for impeachment were won by Mr. Trump by 5 percentage points or more in November’s general election and are unlikely Democratic takeover targets.

The race for Wyoming’s single House seat is a good example of the dynamics at play. The $1.5 million raised by the main campaign committee for Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the highest-ranking House Republican who is contending with impeachment-vote consequences, represented almost five times what she raised in the first quarter of 2019.

image.png

• Thanks 1

And in the same place you found that story, you could see this story from the NY Times:

Republicans Who Challenged Election Results Campaign Donations

WASHINGTON — Republicans who were the most vocal in urging their followers to come to Washington on Jan. 6 to try to reverse President Donald J. Trump’s loss, pushing to overturn the election and stoking the grievances that prompted the deadly Capitol riot, have profited handsomely in its aftermath, according to new campaign data.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-who-challenged-election-results-campaign-donations/ar-BB1fL48f?li=BBnb7Kz

Perhaps it's just that all Republicans are surging in the fundraising department, because people aren't liking what they see from the Democrat Party.