GA State Championship Matchups

ECHS05

7A

Grayson 41, Mill Creek 26 - 4th (2 mins remaining)

Roswell 28, Westlake 0 - FINAL

7A Championship: (13-1)Grayson vs (14-0)Roswell

------

6A

Valdosta 27, Dalton 6 - FINAL

Tucker 22, Northside-WR 7 - FINAL

6A Championship: (13-1)Valdosta vs (13-1)Tucker

----

5A

Rome 28, Stockbridge 21 - FINAL

Buford 28, Kell 16 - FINAL

5A Championship : (13-1)Buford vs (12-2)Rome

----

4A

Cartersville 38, Mary Persons 17 - FINAL

Thomson 27, Jefferson 6 - FINAL

4A Championship : (14-0)Cartersville vs (14-0)Thomson

---

3A

GAC 13,  Peach Co. 7 - FINAL

Cedar Grove 55, Crisp Co. 0 - FINAL

3A Championship: (13-1)GAC vs (12-2)Cedar Grove

---

2A

Benedictine 49, Callaway 10 - FINAL

Fitzgerald 42, Hapeville Charter 21 - FINAL

2A Championship: (14-0)Benedictine vs (13-1)Fitzgerald

----

1A Public

Macon Co 48, ECI 26 - Final

McIntosh Co. Academy 24, Clinch Co. 8 - Final

1A Public Championship: (11-2)Macon Co. vs (11-2)MCI 

8 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Why has Roswell yet to play a top 100 team? 

It's ridiculous. 

Roswell did beat a very sound Buford football team, 24-7. Im willing to bet Buford is a top 100 team. Probably back half, but you know their talent, coaching, and program have deserved the recognition of a quality program. 

Roswell has not had a power SOS but they have won every game and most by a dominant fashion. 

they'll have their text next week against an elite Grayson team 

Just now, ATLien12x said:

I'm going to the Dome on Friday this year. I'm liking the match ups A LOT better than Saturday's beat downs to be. 

3A/5A/6A over 2A/4A/7A this season 

I love the 2A & 4A matchups...

Benedictine vs Fitzgerald ....Benedictine looks to be the favorite, but Fitzgerald beat them in last years semifinals, and this Fitzgerald team brought back all 11 offensive starters from that team and 8 on defense. 

Cartersville vs Thomson... Thomsons 5* CB Christian Tutt will challenge Trevor Lawrences receivers...

Truthfully... they all look good to me.  I hope Rome beats Buford.

Just now, ECHS05 said:

I love the 2A & 4A matchups...

Benedictine vs Fitzgerald ....Benedictine looks to be the favorite, but Fitzgerald beat them in last years semifinals, and this Fitzgerald team brought back all 11 offensive starters from that team and 8 on defense. 

Cartersville vs Thomson... Thomsons 5* CB Christian Tutt will challenge Trevor Lawrences receivers...

Truthfully... they all look good to me.  I hope Rome beats Buford.

Benedictine wins by 24+.  They would make noise in upper classes. 

And while Thomson looks good on paper, I'm not sold they'll hang with Cartersville for four quarters. No one in 4A is going to be able to do that. I think Benedictine or Cedar Grove from lower classes would give them tougher challenge. 

I like 3A/5A over 2A/4A and that's the difference as I see blowouts on Saturday and not worth my time down there. Either way I'll watch them all from somewhere and enjoy 

I'm also pulling for Rome over my Gwinnett neighbor. After a certain point, you want to see new blood winning it. And Rome is a nice little city with some really good people that do a GREAAAT job of supporting their football team. 

I will also pull for Rome next weekend in their first ever state championship game 

Roswell is going to suffer a similar fate of Colquitt and Mill Creek against Grayson. 

Grayson is definitely a cut above the rest this year. I think Mill Creek made them use more of their playbook and mix up their offense a little more than Colquitt did though. Unless Roswell was just guilty of playing down to the teams they played sometimes, Grayson is going to murderize them too. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Roswell is going to suffer a similar fate of Colquitt and Mill Creek against Grayson. 

Grayson is definitely a cut above the rest this year. I think Mill Creek made them use more of their playbook and mix up their offense a little more than Colquitt did though. Unless Roswell was just guilty of playing down to the teams they played sometimes, Grayson is going to murderize them too. 

Roswell is the most talented team outside of IMG that Grayson has faced all year. (No offense) Roswell has an outstanding defense and their QB is making A LOT of plays with his legs these last few weeks. I mean, they're way better coached than Mill Creek (not even disputable, Sorry Jarvis) 

Grayson may be a cut above the rest , I think that too, but they're not scoring 40+ on Roswell's defense. I see it 24- 19 game. I think Roswell really pushes them with excellent special teams and great defense. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Roswell is the most talented team outside of IMG that Grayson has faced all year. (No offense) Roswell has an outstanding defense and their QB is making A LOT of plays with his legs these last few weeks. I mean, they're way better coached than Mill Creek (not even disputable, Sorry Jarvis) 

Grayson may be a cut above the rest , I think that too, but they're not scoring 40+ on Roswell's defense. I see it 24- 19 game. I think Roswell really pushes them with excellent special teams and great defense. 

This may be true.

A friend told me yesterday that Grayson's D1 talent can play at 60-80 percent all game and still roll on most every team in the state/country. I think there was some truth to that. 

It should be fun to watch for a half at least. xD

I would love to see a rematch of IMG/Grayson at this point in the season. That would be a game between comparable teams. Every other team is just a speed bump. hahaha

• Like 1

The depth in that Grayson program is unbelievable. They're gonna go OOS heavy the next few years and I don't blame them. 

I shit you not when I say their 2019 class is SPECIAL. I know it sounds silly to say but their JV team would have beaten a lot of varsity teams in Georgia this year. People think it's bullshit but I know the kids on that roster and I know the talent they have created through move ins. 

Ronald Thompkins, Tru Thompson, Kenny Edwards, Owen Pappoe, Kenyatta Watson II, Jalen Alexander, J'Kori Jones. I mean they're just loaded. They have a lot of the best GFL players in their program moving before high school starts and that's why last year they ruffled feathers with their freshman team destroying everyone. (The JV kids this year)

Grayson will not take that big of a step back next year. J'Kori Jones is a division one QB in the waiting behind Chase Brice. Ronald Thompkins is gonna pick up in that Herron system right behind Kurt Taylor. 

I think Grayson is going to forever be the bad guys now moving forward but god damn they're gonna win a lot of football games 

• Like 1