Da Stache THIS, and da Stache THAT!...

Old Rabid One

On 4/22/2021 at 10:22 AM, DLS350 said:

Yep! He basically said after the fourth loss and 0-4 against DLS, “I have no idea how to beat them”. Now, with the arms race in Socal, two teams with 3-5 star athletes playing every position, it’s not a problem beating them anymore. DLS hasn’t really changed except that their current teams are as good as the teams in the past that beat MD and Poly. MD and SJB are light years ahead of 99.9% of the teams now.

And since those two don't realize that there is a big beautiful land, East of Vegas! How would they KNOW they are better than 99.9%? DLS thought THAT as well, until they got a wild hair up their ass, and with Coach Lad in tow, trekked to the humidity of SOUTH FLORIDA! And were BITCH SLAPPED!

6 hours ago, The Colonel said:

Alumbaugh admittedly begins planning for Mater Dei at the beginning of the season. DLS’s ticket to the state championship game is already punched, while Rollo must plan for meeting SJ Bosco twice. 

WOW, ONE WHOLE opponent and TWICE no less? MINDBOGGLING to be sure!🤣 Conversely, the team who wins 7A state in Georgia, has to negotiate a half dozen teams in the national top fifty! Try getting up for THAT type schedule, on an ongoing basis? 

When the top 100 comes out in August! See how many teams are listed on the top schedules in 7A!

54 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

And since those two don't realize that there is a big beautiful land, East of Vegas! How would they KNOW they are better than 99.9%? DLS thought THAT as well, until they got a wild hair up their ass, and with Coach Lad in tow, trekked to the humidity of SOUITH FLAAAWDA! And were BITCH SLAPPED!

From 2017-2019 (the time frame we are discussing) MD beat 5 elite national programs and/or state championships that were all from east of Vegas...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Rabid One said:

WOW, ONE WHOLE opponent and TWICE no less? MINDBOGGLING to be sure!🤣 Conversely, the team who wins 7A state in Georgia, has to negotiate a half dozen teams in the national top fifty! Try getting up for THAT type schedule, on an ongoing basis? 

When the top 100 comes out in August! See how many teams are listed on the top schedules in 7A!

1 hour ago, Old Rabid One said:

In 2017 MD won 7 games vs “top 50” teams...the GA 7A champ won zero...

353615BD-33C9-471E-94BE-2ACF24AB564D.jpeg

912AD56B-B9FC-403D-9199-5D5024F1C286.jpeg

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, The Colonel said:

True. Plus, the veer will no longer attract stud QBs or WRs in today’s game style. 

They've been opening up the playbook. 

They're now running stuff out of the shotgun and sometimes with an empty backfield.

They've got a freshman QB playing JV who's supposed to be pretty good. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

i haven't seen DJ Williams or Maurice Jones-Drew level player on DLS in the past 15 years...

They were special talents, but I think To'oto'o led TN in tackles last year as a true freshman.

Asiasi was drafted in the 3rd round by the Pats last year and has caught his first TD in the NFL.

Hooper was a finalist for the Mackey Award at Stanford and is a 2x Pro-Bowler.

But I agree that those teams in the late 90s and early 2000s were more talented than the teams DLS has fielded in the last 15 years. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

[...]

Rollo was definitely in awe of the DLS Magic, But make no mistake, it was Negro and SJB that forced his hand to make MD a super team...

Which in my opinion makes him one of the greatest HSFP coaches Ever.... He won 2 Natty’s before the Superteams and has won 2 Since as well....

Though I don't like what's going on in SoCal, there's something satisfying about how Rollo and MD have been able to beat SJB at their own game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

Yet Mater Dei is what, 1000 students, and has NO stadium of it's own?🤣

I will say you are the first person I’ve heard ever try to knock MD’s facilities! 🤣 We use a 10k seat stadium a mile or so from campus and we sell out consistently. Nice 6500 seat stadium you guys have down there. 

https://www.materdeiathletics.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=452860&type=d&pREC_ID=1046302 

Our facilities are just fine inbred, just fine. 

19524B57-EA47-42A0-8ABC-8A368F180DA7.jpeg

MD spent millions buying and tearing down homes to spend more $ to build a 1,000 space parking structure for the students. It would be nice to have an on campus stadium (clearly means a lot to you) but having the bowl right up the street is convenient. MD is an all around powerhouse, not just a football power. 
https://www.ipd-global.com/portfolio/mater-dei/ 

EE5802FC-0FA8-40CB-9B50-CC36C0F4526F.jpeg

643CA95B-BB86-4442-B0E3-6EA20B8C3C12.jpeg

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

Yet Mater Dei is what, 1000 students, and has NO stadium of it's own?🤣

MD has over 2000 students...It’s home stadium is the Santa Ana bowl. Like mention above it holds 10,000 people and because The field sits 20 feet below street level the energy is electric. When you walk onto the field and the bowl is rockin you can feel The grass shaking from the sound of Bouncing off all four sides of the stadium. They call it the mini rose bowl for reason

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Colonel said:

No, he sold out to beat SJ Bosco, not DLS.  Jason Negro upped the ante and forced Rollo to enter the arms race to stay on top of the Trinity League. DLS is just suffering the collateral damage from the battle between MD and SJB. 

That was only part of it. The clincher was losing to Servite three times in a row (2009-2011). He has hated Servite with a passion, ever since 1964, when, as a player, he and his Mater Dei teammates did not make the playoffs, despite only giving up 13 points all season...all to Servite who shut them out 13-0.

That's what he couldn't tolerate. That's what made him sell his soul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

That was only part of it. The clincher was losing to Servite three times in a row (2009-2011). He has hated Servite ever since 1964, when, as a player, he and his Mater Dei teammates did not make the playoffs despite only giving up 13 points all season...all to Servite who shut them out 13-0.

That's what made him sell his soul.

#servitesadboy #credo3rdplace

9B6672A8-0CED-4453-9A17-DDBC1AB43BB8.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slotback Right said:

That was only part of it. The clincher was losing to Servite three times in a row (2009-2011). He has hated Servite with a passion, ever since 1964, when, as a player, he and his Mater Dei teammates did not make the playoffs, despite only giving up 13 points all season...all to Servite who shut them out 13-0.

That was just a “Speed Bump” for Rollo.... Have you even seen his record vs Servite?....🤣🤣

Thomas is a Great Coach and Back to Back PAC 5 Titles Proved that.... But Rollo is on a different Level as is Negro...

Negro Built SJB into a Nationally Relevent power virtually overnight who won state Championships By Beating DLS in The Open Game.... The 

Servite hasn’t done anything like that yet.... 🍻

• Like 2

Your right, Rollo’s recorded vs “Our Servants” is an abysmal 27-3-1...only wining 89% of the games...but hey TT knows about coaching teams that win about 10% of their games...

DD403604-D33B-4073-804D-01F45B4A97A8.thumb.jpeg.130b443e1d8fe638d52da0e0d760cd6b.jpeg  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Your right, Rollo’s recorded vs “Our Servants” is abysmal 27-3-1...only wining 89% of the games...but hey TT knows about coaching teams that win about 10% of their games...

DD403604-D33B-4073-804D-01F45B4A97A8.thumb.jpeg.130b443e1d8fe638d52da0e0d760cd6b.jpeg  

Servite fans conveniently ignore Thomas tactics. During his first stint he sent shuttle busses to and from the IE to bring in the kalil bros, Inman, fajardo etc aka all their top guys. Now he allows Les fifitas youth team to practice on their field at servite with hopes to sway those kids to go to high school there. Without recruiting and Les fifita he’d be 1-9 just like he was at crespi. But that ain’t selling his soul for W’s according to them 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Rollo’s recorded vs “Our Servants” is abysmal 27-3-1...only wining 89% of the games...but hey TT knows about coaching teams that win about 10% of their games...

LOL! You must think I care how TT did at Crespi...why would I? Wait a minute...you don't think I AM Troy Thomas do you?

Actually, I didn't want Thomas to return. I wanted AJ Gass to return. But considering that Gass jumped to a CFL coaching job last season, who knows who would be coaching Servite now.

Thomas has done a lot better than I thought he would in his second stint as the Friars' HC.

LOL! You must think I care how TT did at Crespi...why would I? Wait a minute...you don't think I AM Troy Thomas do you?

Actually, I didn't want Thomas to return. I wanted AJ Gass to return. But considering that Gass jumped to a CFL coaching job last season, who knows who would be coaching Servite now.

Thomas has done a lot better than I thought he would in his second stint as the Friars' HC.

I don’t think you TT...

479F4BA7-813A-45E5-A567-90E2593DAF2E.gif

On 4/21/2021 at 10:27 PM, Old Rabid One said:

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! All you worshipers ask yourownself THIS question! WHY would a coach with virtually NO competition save SJB, opt to stay at a school that pays him barely enough to live in a SOCAL trailer park? After ALL, if he WAS worth his salt! He could make hundreds of thousands, maybe even MILLIONS, in a mid major or even a floundering Power Five! But I suspect him to be a big fish in a lil pond! Remember Sanchez at Gorman? How'd THAT work out, and where is he NOW? 

No comp save SJB?  WTH are IMG, SFA, SJC, BG, DLS, and BC?  IMG and BC are the reason Grayson (or any other GA powderpuff) doesn't schedule heavyweights any more.  What a sorry ass state.  So much talent, but your teams SUCK.