Former FSU great Geno Hayes in hospice care

Ga96

24 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Kind of fucked up , he gave his body up for college and nfl teams and they can’t even get him a transplant he needs to survive 

Guys that young usually do well, however, if there  is "underlying patholog" , that's another story.......

8 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

Guys that young usually do well, however, if there  is "underlying patholog" , that's another story.......

According to Black Drs.org, Blacks need far more transplants than others....34%...   Others  cite eating  habits, high salt ,drinking and other  poor diet habits that may be the cause. 

On 4/22/2021 at 7:34 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Kind of fucked up , he gave his body up for college and nfl teams and they can’t even get him a transplant he needs to survive 

Well, it's a liver and not a kidney. 

There are good reasons not to make these things commodities. 

But this story broke my heart. From what I read, he didn't abuse alcohol and he avoided what he thought were the more dangerous painkillers. He got sick and died young through no fault of his own. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 3:22 PM, Belly Bob said:

Well, it's a liver and not a kidney. 

There are good reasons not to make these things commodities. 

But this story broke my heart. From what I read, he didn't abuse alcohol and he avoided what he thought were the more dangerous painkillers. He got sick and died young through no fault of his own. 

Poor fatty diets cause,"fatty liver desease"... Until you read his autopsy report, you won't know...

9 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I think we already know he had liver disease. Reading his autopsy report wouldn't tell us whether he had a poor fatty diet or whether his diet caused his disease.

@Bormio?

Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is in large part genetic - although patients with excess weight, diabetes etc are more prone to develop cirrhosis from it.  Weight loss is a recommended treatment, but not all NAFLD patients are overweight, diabetic etc.  He seems too young to die from NAFLD.  I wonder if he had something like primary biliary cirrhosis.  That killed Sweetness I believe (the terminal event was cholangiocarcinoma - a complication of PBC).

actually Payton had primary sclerosing cholangitis - a related condition

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1