Question for those in the Medical Field

ChimpGrip

12 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Of course you wouldn't know anything about encouragement, or the will to succeed.

My thing is , if you don’t have high goals then what are you living for, just hang it up 

, the population is so dense that if you don’t wanna do something there’s 10 other people dying to be in ur shoes , 

if I settled I’d still be making $11 an hour working security at a hospital in Newark NJ

29 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

My thing is , if you don’t have high goals then what are you living for, just hang it up 

, the population is so dense that if you don’t wanna do something there’s 10 other people dying to be in ur shoes , 

if I settled I’d still be making $11 an hour working security at a hospital in Newark NJ

How’s that fleet and business empire coming along.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

How’s that fleet and business empire coming along.

Still self employed,

Goal 🥅 is to be an actual business where I have employees paid on the books,  it’s not a race it’s a marathon 

Also I won’t make any real money until evictions pick back up and banks repo homes , these banks pay up to $50 a Cubic yard of debris

its been so slow but today I went to auto body twice and a church for metal chairs , 3 full loads, I’m absolutely beat bout to take a epsolm salt 🧂 bath , but yea, phenomenal day, 

BUT THE Last 2 weeks..

not so muchhh

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Of course you wouldn't know anything about encouragement, or the will to succeed.

I know that encouragement and will isn't good enough to succeed in many fields.

You're the kind of idiot that's the reason why everybody wants to go to med school or law school or wants to be a professional athlete.

I promise you that encouragement and will isn't going to cut it in those fields.

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'm sure you've gotten exactly what you worked hard enough for. If not then refer to the "MOST THINGS" in the statement, it doesn't mean everything. Silly child.

This is what your goofy ass actually said.

👇

22 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Most things are possible with dedication and strength of will. 

If you believe that then you're a clown. Period.

56 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

You sound just like some of the woke liberals that you claim to despise.

There are many things that should not be encouraged. There are many things that should be left to competent, smart of talented people and not "dreamers" who have "high goals."

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

You sound just like some of the woke liberals that you claim to despise.

There are many things that should not be encouraged. There are many things that should be left to competent, smart of talented people and not "dreamers" who have "high goals."

Thank God you discovered your talent here at Prep Gridiron 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

. There are many things that should be left to competent, smart of talented people and not "dreamers" who have "high goals."

you typing posts here

is actual proof

you don't actually even understand

what you type

🤣

On 5/2/2021 at 11:53 AM, ChimpGrip said:

In recent years, I have found myself really wanting to become a doctor. I tell myself if I were 18 again tomorrow, I would go the medical school route with the end goal of becoming either a cardiologist or neurosurgeon. Problem is, I’m 27 and have a bachelors in accounting and a masters in finance. Question is, is there anyway I can bypass obtaining a science degree and get into med school with these degrees? I know I could always “google” it but am curious to know what some of you on here may know. 

I also have high blood pressure (141/100), likely due to stress and anxiety. I would have to find a way to get this under control training and working in the environment that it takes to get to becoming a doctor. 

My guess is that you come up through Mexico, by way of Arizona, Tejas, or Cali! Or trek to Grenada, and they'll fix you right up with that D R degree! That is, unless you get abducted by the CUUUBANS! Then, you may hafta get Master Rufus' assistance! He knows people in Havana!

By the by, 141/100 and still upright, COULD be a medical marvel!

5 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Sorry for the late response, been a long 10 days... reading these now

All I gotta say is you only got a few years left to decide what you wanna do in life,

u need a meditate and get inside ur head and see what you gotta wanna do with your life that makes you happy, and makes u good money at same time, like I said you need to hurry tho,  these years are flying by, next thing u know ur 38 with no gameplan 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 11:22 AM, Bormio said:

Chimp, see my thoughts above

Very informative. Thank you. I will say that given that I have very little professional experience at my age it makes it hard to justify such a move if I wouldn't begin work until my late 30's. Will really have to do some soul-searching on this. It's fascinating to me (the field and the professions I mentioned) but I also have to consider the reality of pursuing such a job. 

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

All I gotta say is you only got a few years left to decide what you wanna do in life,

u need a meditate and get inside ur head and see what you gotta wanna do with your life that makes you happy, and makes u good money at same time, like I said you need to hurry tho,  these years are flying by, next thing u know ur 38 with no gameplan 

VERY true. 

The bolded line is a terrifying thought

On 5/2/2021 at 7:25 PM, Cossacks said:

Nah never to late at all. Will it be harder, sure, but not out of reach. Also maybe have your PCP throw you some Benazepril or Lisinipril to help with that BP?

On lisinopril now, its been pretty effective. Feel sluggish somedays but its helping knock it down a bit. Next on the list is added cardio and eating healthier. But damn it seems everything is loaded with sodium unless you're eating cardboard and paper.

• Like 1