For you aficionados of tasty dining. A few recommendations, if you would?...

To celebrate my impending birthday. My college roommate, his lovely spouse, and my current squEEEEZE of record. Have invited yours truly, to a three day partaking of the cuisine in Savannah and Charleston, to celebrate Old Rabid's birthday! They say it's the birthday boy's choice! So, what say YOU? And keep in mind, I've already partooken of all of the local eateries in my current hometown of Sparta! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

• Haha 1

Happy Birthday.

Treylor Park Hitch 

Have the Pot Pie and the Nachos Grande...

Neither one are what you expect. 

The Miyagi Beef and Ahi tacos are good too. They are what you expect. 

• Like 1

Don't have a lot of time but for Savannah...

Breakfast - Goose Feathers, Maple Street Biscuit Company

Lunch - Mrs. Wilkes Dining, Green Truck Pub, Vinnie Van Go-Go's

Dinner - Huey's, Tequila Town, Green Truck Pub

Pricey but Good - Garibaldi's, Vic's on the River, Boar's Head.

Might can give you a few in Charleston a tad later....

Rufus>>

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

I’ll give a second to Vics on the River. Good food and nice historic atmosphere.

16 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

To celebrate my impending birthday. My college roommate, his lovely spouse, and my current squEEEEZE of record. Have invited yours truly, to a three day partaking of the cuisine in Savannah and Charleston, to celebrate Old Rabid's birthday! They say it's the birthday boy's choice! So, what say YOU? And keep in mind, I've already partooken of all of the local eateries in my current hometown of Sparta! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

In Charleston

High Cotton. Reservation were required.

The Fleet House on the river front. No reservation required. Has that Navy feel and great food.

Just a few places in Charleston.  Keep in mind there are a million places to choose from.  I've tried to keep price in the picture.  Like I said...just a few to try...

Breakfast - Early Bird, Miller's

Lunch - 5 Loaves, Home Team BBQ, Poogan's Porch

Dinner - The Glass Onion, Fleet Landing, High Cotton

Pricey but Good - Hank's Seafood, Magnolia's

There are also some wonderful places on the Mt. Pleasant side of the river.  Anywhere on Shem's Creek but especially Red's Ice House.  And when I mentioned Home Team BBQ for lunch...go to the one on Sullivan's Island and order the brisket.   It's hard to go wrong around Charleston.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Poogan’s Porch for brunch or lunch. For really good BBQ, Lewis BBQ is excellent. It’s your birthday, I’m guessing you’re older than dirt so don’t be shy on spending, especially if your friends and your squeeze are footing the bill.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Poogan’s Porch for brunch or lunch. For really good BBQ, Lewis BBQ is excellent. It’s your birthday, I’m guessing you’re older than dirt so don’t be shy on spending, especially if your friends and your squeeze are footing the bill.

I can tell you first hand...don't go to Poogan's and order unsweetened tea.  You're gonna get berated...LOL.  But Ms. Violet really liked Poogan's Porch.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I can tell you first hand...don't go to Poogan's and order unsweetened tea.  You're gonna get berated...LOL.  But Ms. Violet really liked Poogan's Porch.

Rufus>>

Don’t think I went with tea there, this was probably accompanied by a bloody or a mimosa. 😂

D4DBFA19-5122-4D3D-BEEA-6812FF20735C.jpeg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Don’t think I went with tea there, this was probably accompanied by a bloody or a mimosa. 😂

D4DBFA19-5122-4D3D-BEEA-6812FF20735C.jpeg

Proof there is a God.  I LOVE this

4 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Just a few places in Charleston.  Keep in mind there are a million places to choose from.  I've tried to keep price in the picture.  Like I said...just a few to try...

Breakfast - Early Bird, Miller's

Lunch - 5 Loaves, Home Team BBQ, Poogan's Porch

Dinner - The Glass Onion, Fleet Landing, High Cotton

Pricey but Good - Hank's Seafood, Magnolia's

There are also some wonderful places on the Mt. Pleasant side of the river.  Anywhere on Shem's Creek but especially Red's Ice House.  And when I mentioned Home Team BBQ for lunch...go to the one on Sullivan's Island and order the brisket.   It's hard to go wrong around Charleston.

Rufus>>

Had a great lunch at 82 Queen.  And if you want GREAT Italian food, Trattoria Lucca near the College of Charleston is amazing.

6 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

C4DC5477-FC5F-48B0-BE7A-BAEDD188E562.png

Shiiiit!!  I had an amazing meal there - porchetta and a pasta with sheep’s milk cheese.  Very Italian!!  That is a shame

On 5/3/2021 at 12:00 AM, Old Rabid One said:

image.jpeg.f4d2e2626d33e18a1e9378e99e5c4410.jpeg

SEEMS about Your SPEED THERE TADPOLE!

• Haha 1
On 5/3/2021 at 9:00 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

If mrs.Wilkes Dining Room aint on your list you're doing it wrong... 

Thanks Stinger! At this writing, my choices are a blank slate! I appreciate your input, since you could be considered a local, by all accounts! I believe that I saw her establishment while I was perusing GREAT EATERIES in the Southeast, on the FOODIE NETWORK!

As an aside, any tips as to where to park, if downtown Savannah? I know most places charge a decent amount. And some have a finite parking duration.

On 5/3/2021 at 9:28 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

Happy Birthday.

Treylor Park Hitch 

Have the Pot Pie and the Nachos Grande...

Neither one are what you expect. 

The Miyagi Beef and Ahi tacos are good too. They are what you expect. 

Thanks for the input there HAWG! Are any on the outskirts of Savannah, or are they downtown?

On 5/3/2021 at 11:14 AM, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Do I need to be a 1%er to partake?😉

Thank you for your culinary expertise, there Master Rufus!

On 5/3/2021 at 12:16 PM, RedZone said:

Applebee's would be a step-up for a guy like you...... maybe even one of the newer Dairy Queens.

ACTUALLY, when we get to Charleston! The WHOLE crew is chomping at the bit to travel to Summerville, to partake of one of our college haunts, TASTEE FREEZE! One of only THREE in captivity, in the Southeast! We HAD one in Lyons, Ga., masquerading as HENRY'S! But alas, the proprietor retired and the dumbass didn't sell his eatery! We ALL had a day of mourning, that has lasted to this writing!

But jist fer shits and giggles though, I have partooken of Fago de Chao in Buckhead, Jawja! I believe that the bill was $160.00 Amuuuurican, for two!

On 5/3/2021 at 4:11 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

In Charleston

High Cotton. Reservation were required.

The Fleet House on the river front. No reservation required. Has that Navy feel and great food.

Thanks for the heads up, Mr. Scratchy!

As an aside, speaking of Navy ambience! We plan to visit one of my ole haunts while in the service, the United States Destroyer, USS Laffey, DD 724!(The only Fram II Sumner Class Destroyer left in existence, to my knowledge) An exact replica of my ship, the USS COLLETT, DD 730!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

Thanks for the input there HAWG! Are any on the outskirts of Savannah, or are they downtown?

Hitch is not far off of river street in between some of the squares. I kind of found it on accident as we wandered from square to square and just looked for a place to cool off and eat. 

Not overly expensive, nor too far off the beaten paths in Savannah. Decent atmosphere and definitely a unique spin on some southern staples. Service was efficient and good.