Best HS teams in Ga,?...Top three in last ten years..

Mag44

Money. Top Georgia teams make so much at home games it would be a waste of money not to play home. Georgia is 2-1 vs California should be 3-0 but i won't dive into that last game. 

What you should be asking is why don't more teams come to georgia to play. The money the can make is most likely better than the money they make in all their other games. Plus the atmosphere of playing in SEC country. I think all states top teams should come to Georgia from an experience point at the least. Florida high school coaches and fans love coming up to play. The only ones that don't come up are the middle Florida schools and those in the STA category. Unfortunately from a matchup standpoint the sorry and not well funded schools from Florida are the first to jump at the opportunity for the payout and to give their kids a true high school football game experience. 

3 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:
3 hours ago, Mag44 said:

What prevents them from not playing  in Jersey, Ohio,,Pa, Calf or .Nev....Their teams appear to ply good ball ??

M    O    N    E   Y!!!!!!!!! When Vista Murrieta came to Moultrie, I talked to some of their parents. And they told me that it cost $93,000 to GETRDONE! NOW, where I come from, that's almost folding money!

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Money. Top Georgia teams make so much at home games it would be a waste of many not to play home. Georgia is 2-1 vs California should be 3-0 but i won't dive into that last game. 

What you should be asking is why don't more teams come to georgia to play. The money the can make is most likely better than the money they make in all their other games. Plus the atmosphere of playing in SEC country. I think all states top teams should come to Georgia from an experience point at the least. Florida high school coaches and fans love coming up to play. The only ones that don't come up are the middle Florida schools and those in the STA category. Unfortunately from a matchup standpoint the sorry and not well funded schools from Florida are the first to jump at the opportunity for the payout and to give their kids a true high school football game experience. 

I posed that query to the Michilanders recently! And they said that their association bans travel outside of neighboring states.

7 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Money. Top Georgia teams make so much at home games it would be a waste of many not to play home. Georgia is 2-1 vs California should be 3-0 but i won't dive into that last game. 

WELL, not entirely true about the STA area! USA TODAY #10 American Heritage, trekked to Moultrie for a payout, in 2016! And Tampa Plant came as well.

12 hours ago, Ga96 said:

So much wrong with this post.

First, the "money" argument is the one the that made Texas soft and Georgia will soon join them.

Second, Georgia plays the vast majority of their OOS games at home so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Lastly, I don't know how many Florida teams/fans love coming up there. They do it because they either want the payout (bad teams) or they want the challenge (better teams) and the Georgia teams simply won't come down to Florida.

23 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

So much wrong with this post.

First, the "money" argument is the one the that made Texas soft and Georgia will soon join them.

Second, Georgia plays the vast majority of their OOS games at home so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Lastly, I don't know how many Florida teams/fans love coming up there. They do it because they either want the payout (bad teams) or they want the challenge (better teams) and the Georgia teams simply won't come down to Florida.

There's no pesos in going to Florida.  

There are pretty decent pesos playing in Mack Tharpe.

Not really a hard call......

Rufus>>

The problem is Georgia teams seek some of the worst OOS teams they can find for the guarantee wins. And if they play a team with a pulse, the Georgia team would have to have the confidence of being a lot better. 

Rarely ever is the GA team the underdog going into the game. No coincidence that Collins Hill sucked their entire history but the one time they are projected to be the top team in Georgia they schedule an OOS team. 

The teams up there need the guarantee wins for job security. Losing to top OOS teams would start to put a black mark on them. They have a myth to protect. 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The problem is Georgia teams seek some of the worst OOS teams they can find for the guarantee wins. And if they play a team with a pulse, the Georgia team would have to have the confidence of being a lot better.  

No team of any stature would accept the terms that they offer. The American Heritage example doesn't work because that was a one-time ESPN game.

Otherwise, it's Bayside going to Lowndes to get paid for a body bag game.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The teams up there need the guarantee wins for job security. Losing to top OOS teams would start to put a black mark on them. They have a myth to protect. 

This is also a phenomenon in Texas.

It's gotten to the point where there's so much money in being a head coach that it doesn't make sense to play losable games. Hence you get all of these Texas (And now Georgia) teams with these pretty records playing against a bunch of scrubs.

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

So you reiterated my point about Georgia being soft.

One of the points of a home-and-home is that you get the gate one year and we get it the next.

Pretty simple concept.

Scheduling a bad Plant team, Enterprise, Trinity Lutheran, ISB etc means more wins and more money. It’s a business. And the business model in Georgia is to pile wins and secure home games. And to do that you bring in the garbage. Money rules everything. Even if the product sucks. Because the only people who suffer from this model is the fans. They pay money and spend time to come watch a good football game only to watch some useless blowout that no one cares for after halftime. They sacrifice the product for money. Typical business. Lol 

24 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

So you reiterated my point about Georgia being soft.

One of the points of a home-and-home is that you get the gate one year and we get it the next.

Pretty simple concept.

And you missed my point.  There is NO gate when going to Florida.  We can buy out a Florida team with a fairly substantial incentive and STILL make a profit off of gate revenue at Mack Tharpe.  

There is absolutely no reason to travel to Florida....for a team like Colquitt.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

There is absolutely no reason to travel to Florida....for a team like Colquitt.

For a team not interested in actual competition, sure.

This is the same program whose coach called a press conference after the season once to lobby for a national championship. But they won't play a road game.

🤡