Who are the top ten coaches ever, in your state and why?

Old Rabid One

30 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Conrad Nix most certainly could throw his hat in the ring his Northside WR squads  where legendary wish they would've played against a team like Hoover. Man I bet those would've been some good games. 

Allen Chadwick has been at it awhile too 1987- Still coaching all at Marist

Jeff Herron- started at Walton in Marietta in the early 80s. Went to Oconee County won 2 titles,went to Camden won 3. Went to Prince Avenue won 1 then won 1 at Grayson. 

Billy Henderson... can't believe I forgot his name off the list.

I think Conrad got a chance to play against Booker T Washington (FL) in 07. Spanked em, too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Conrad Nix most certainly could throw his hat in the ring his Northside WR squads  where legendary wish they would've played against a team like Hoover. Man I bet those would've been some good games. 

Allen Chadwick has been at it awhile too 1987- Still coaching all at Marist

Jeff Herron- started at Walton in Marietta in the early 80s. Went to Oconee County won 2 titles,went to Camden won 3. Went to Prince Avenue won 1 then won 1 at Grayson. 

Billy Henderson... can't believe I forgot his name off the list.

Ha, I couldn't remember Henderson's first name, lol.

He put together some REALLY good teams back in the day!

On 5/6/2021 at 11:00 AM, Ga96 said:

Nick hyder #1 easily

Bazemore somewhere in the top 10. I knock him for the time period. That was back in the segregated days for the most part so no teams were playing the best of the best.

How do you figure Hyder over Baze? Baze was an innovator! Fifth Year Seniors, RENT A CAT PROGRAM, OOS transfers, thefts of region players? PLUS, Hyder was Dr. Hughes BEEEEOOOOTCH in the late eighties, early nineties!

On 5/7/2021 at 11:54 PM, sausmann9 said:

Ha, I couldn't remember Henderson's first name, lol.

He put together some REALLY good teams back in the day!

Billy Henderson! A BLAST from the PAST! Coach Henderson is now in the GHSA Hall of Fame! And to show you the strength of ole Region 1AAA(the top class at that time) He NEVER won a REGION title at Willingham Macon! And NEVER beat MOULTRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He later went to ole Athens High, to help revive their program, post Patriot's star RB, Andy Johnson! ANYWHO one of my buds in college ask me to tag along with him, on his trek to interview for an asst. coaching position for Coach Henderson. I believe that he was selected, but opted to stay in his hometown of Macon! Athens became Clarke Central, and into the GHSA BAD BOY LEAGUE in the eighties and nineties. But my bud's story turned out okeedokee though. He retired as the Superintendent of Schools in Lowndes county! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Rabid One said:

Billy Henderson! A BLAST from the PAST! Coach Henderson is now in the GHSA Hall of Fame! And to show you the strength of ole Region 1AAA(the top class at that time) He NEVER won a REGION title at Willingham Macon! And NEVER beat MOULTRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He later went to ole Athens High, to help revive their program, post Patriot's star RB, Andy Johnson! ANYWHO one of my buds in college ask me to tag along with him, on his trek to interview for an asst. coaching position for Coach Henderson. I believe that he was selected, but opted to stay in his hometown of Macon! Athens became Clarke Central, and into the GHSA BAD BOY LEAGUE in the eighties and nineties. But my bud's story turned out okeedokee though. He retired as the Superintendent of Schools in Lowndes county! 

Great stuff!!! 

This is really you my friend!  What's up - you calm down in your old age or you taking something that takin' the edge off???  I  bet you moved!  No more hoochie momma neighborhood???  You know I think of you as Georgia's version of Clint Eastwood and always waiting to read a Gran Torino crazy-ass ending w/ you one day!  Boy you better just relax and enjoy the game these days!  

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2021 at 7:36 PM, Norcalnut said:

Bob Ladouceur -De La Salle

399-25-3 in 33yrs

11 MNC’s

No point in talking about anybody else.

Yea Buddy!! Just saw Lad at our local Safeway in San Ramon a couple weeks back. I graduated in 2006 and only had one class with him... Besides that we had a little group back in the day called the Hoosiers that he played a big part in, any ways he still remembered my name. Talk about fan girling lol!

For CA we definitely have to throw Rollo and Logan out there too. We can say what we want about Rollo and MD right now but hard to find another coach with the longevity and success he has had. Not to mention the buy in he gets from his guys. You can always judge a coach by their alumni support and it would be tough to find a rowdier group of Alums..

What Logan has done at a public school is nothing short of amazing as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

Yea Buddy!! Just saw Lad at our local Safeway in San Ramon a couple weeks back. I graduated in 2006 and only had one class with him... Besides that we had a little group back in the day called the Hoosiers that he played a big part in, any ways he still remembered my name. Talk about fan girling lol!

For CA we definitely have to throw Rollo and Logan out there too. We can say what we want about Rollo and MD right now but hard to find another coach with the longevity and success he has had. Not to mention the buy in he gets from his guys. You can always judge a coach by their alumni support and it would be tough to find a rowdier group of Alums..

What Logan has done at a public school is nothing short of amazing as well.

I’d throw in Max Miller and Ron Calcagno for California.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, FootballGuy said:

I think Conrad got a chance to play against Booker T Washington (FL) in 07. Spanked em, too. 

BTW finished 41st in Florida while NSWR finished 9th in Georgia. 

BTW lost everyone from the year before where they went undefeated and finished nationally ranked. 

typical Georgia teams. Only play OOS when they are guaranteed to win. Been going on for decades 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

BTW finished 41st in Florida while NSWR finished 9th in Georgia. 

BTW lost everyone from the year before where they went undefeated and finished nationally ranked. 

typical Georgia teams. Only play OOS when they are guaranteed to win. Been going on for decades 

Dude... calm down. Booker T got their revenge when they blew out Norcross a few years later. I could easily say Booker T waited for Norcross to lose Alvin Kamara & company (went undefeated and finished nationally ranked) before they chose to play them a year later. 

7 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

"Greatest coach in TN!"

(3-12 vs. only decent team they play)

"It's a small school!"

🤡

Maryville usually wins the recruiting battle against Alcoa. I’m quite certain you understand that concept coming from STA. 
His Riverdale squads would’ve crushed Maryville. 

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Dude... calm down. Booker T got their revenge when they blew out Norcross a few years later. I could easily say Booker T waited for Norcross to lose Alvin Kamara & company (went undefeated and finished nationally ranked) before they chose to play them a year later. 

You could say that if Norcross didn’t win state and finish number 1 in Georgia. They didn’t finish number 41 in GA. Florida doesn’t run from competition no matter what type of team they field. Sometimes that’s to a detriment. Georgia only takes games they can win. 

it’s literally how you figure out the top teams in Georgia every year. whoever is playing an out of state team 

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Ah, yes.

The "Alvin Kamara would've made up for the 55-0 thrashing" argument.

Norcross won 6A and beat every Georgia team that they played. BTW lost 4 games and lost in the 4A Regional Finals.

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You could say that if Norcross didn’t win state and finish number 1 in Georgia. They didn’t finish number 41 in GA. Florida doesn’t run from competition no matter what type of team they field. Sometimes that’s to a detriment. Georgia only takes games they can win. 

it’s literally how you figure out the top teams in Georgia every year. whoever is playing an out of state team 

John's Creek, Stephenson, Tucker, Marietta, Valdosta, Coffee, Colquitt, and a few other teams played oos comp in the past several years and weren't considered top teams in GA. You sure you wanna go that route?

And as far as Northside beating BTW, Northside didn't even win state that year. Finished 10-2 vs BTW 10-4 record. It ain't like BTW was terrible nor was Northside a great team. Northside had just lost damn near everyone from the state title team they had from the year before. 

And Georgia only takes games they can win? Schedule fillers/last minute games? Yeah. Do what we gotta do. Not bragging on those type of games. But if you gonna sit up here and say GA ONLY takes OOS games we know we can win, then that's definitely a knee jerk response. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Wait out of curiosity how did Booker T get their revenge against NSWR when they beat Norcoss, not NSWR? You know they makes no sense at all? Their revenge would be beating the team (NSWR) that beat them earlier, not a totally different team. 

25 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Wait out of curiosity how did Booker T get their revenge against NSWR when they beat Norcoss, not NSWR? You know they makes no sense at all? Their revenge would be beating the team (NSWR) that beat them earlier, not a totally different team. 

Since they (BTW) got embarrassed by Northside, they returned the favor by embarrassing Norcross here in GA. That's what I was referring to when I said "revenge." Wrong word tho. Shoulda said "redeemed." Is that better professor sacks? Lol. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Since they (BTW) got embarrassed by Northside, they returned the favor by embarrassing Norcross here in GA. That's what I was referring to when I said "revenge." Wrong word tho. Shoulda said "redeemed." Is that better professor sacks? Lol. 

Yeah but I still don’t know how that would  redeem a loss to a totally different team though. 

099D0EE4-24AE-4FB5-B09F-865D176DEA62.png

• Haha 3