Wow Rip Colt Brennan

imaGoodBoyNow

11 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31427087/ex-hawaii-record-setting-qb-colt-brennan-dead-37%3fplatform=amp

Went to Rehab, got turned away cause there was no Beds, goes to hotel and overdoses , sad story 

92B43B0F-6F2E-47EF-96A6-0E5A37FB94B7.jpeg

I saw him play, he was good...I had bad vibes about him years ago, don't know why ??

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

MD Alumnus. Talked with him at the thanksgiving practice a few years back. Horrible. 

CBA433B4-5B43-4BA9-B9C7-36BFA424E43C.jpeg

This Picture Just reminds you of the Heartbreak Behind all this of a Parent Losing their Kid way too soon.... 

I feel so Bad for the Family, just makes you want to go home and Hug your Kids....

Rest in Peace to a So Cal Kid who Became a Hawaii Football Legend!!!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31427087/ex-hawaii-record-setting-qb-colt-brennan-dead-37%3fplatform=amp

Went to Rehab, got turned away cause there was no Beds, goes to hotel and overdoses , sad story 

He should have gone to NA and asked for help fast....Sometimes, denial, without resolve, will kill....It did...

4 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

We as a nation are lacking in mental health issues. 

We collectively need to rally around our fellow man in respects to this mental healthcare shortfall. 

bgw

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

We could use money allocated for foreign abortions and Pakistani gender studies to fight mental health issues. Not a political statement. I used those as examples of wasting taxpayer money on stuff that has no net benefit. Fighting mental health issues in this country should be at the top of the list alongside fighting drug addictions. A lot of these problems (mental health, addiction, suicide, poverty, etc) all are under the same umbrella and when you fight one, you fight them all! 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

This Picture Just reminds you of the Heartbreak Behind all this of a Parent Losing their Kid way too soon.... 

I feel so Bad for the Family, just makes you want to go home and Hug your Kids....

Rest in Peace to a So Cal Kid who Became a Hawaii Football Legend!!!

Colt was a teammate for a few...he was on the service team his sophomore and junior years...used to get beat up a ton those years by the D...didn’t quit and kept on going...lots of kids would have transferred out (especially when half the coaching staff went to Fountain Valley between his sophomore and Jr year) instead of sitting behind Leinar. Matt won a Heisman and a few years later Colt was a finalist. Will be keeping his family and soul in my prayers.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

We could use money allocated for foreign abortions and Pakistani gender studies to fight mental health issues. Not a political statement. I used those as examples of wasting taxpayer money on stuff that has no net benefit. Fighting mental health issues in this country should be at the top of the list alongside fighting drug addictions. A lot of these problems (mental health, addiction, suicide, poverty, etc) all are under the same umbrella and when you fight one, you fight them all! 

We also can stop giving churches tax exempt status and use the billions in taxes for the same.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Norcalnut said:

We also can stop giving churches tax exempt status and use the billions in taxes for the same.

They would just run as non profits and still not pay taxed...you are only taxed on income...if there is no profit there is no taxable income...unless we get rid of the non profit status across the board

13 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

AA and NA work if those in need, work it.....No Government or another person can make one get Sober or Clean..That person has to want it, if not, they die...

14 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Article said the morning of his overdose, the Rehab had to deny him because it had all thier beds filled 

I know that, but that does not mean he couldn't have gone to an NA meeting...May have saved him, I know about this stuff......

• Like 1

NA has a purpose, but doubt it was not going to save him in this instance. He obviously had a deep addiction. He went for the help he knew he needed/wanted  and when he got turned away he was in a spiral and fell back to the drugs. Vicious cycle

A guy I’ve known for over 30 years just OD’d on Saturday. Was a squared away guy, but got hooked on opiates, was not even 50. Sadly not the first won’t be the last 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Its a political statement. Every side has these points as footnotes in their argument. I agree there is plenty of money wasted and stolen. Unfortunately there is no chance of ever getting around that. Money makes the world go around and there is no cure for greed. Ever heard the phrase winners of wars go into debt and the losers prosper.

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2021 at 9:41 PM, Norcalnut said:

You also would then have to cover the charitable work churches do.  Not all, for sure, but the ones around here do a lot of good for homeless and hungry.  I will gladly admit there are those that are all show and no go but I think in the general scheme of things they are relatively fewer in number.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fred said:

You also would then have to cover the charitable work churches do.  Not all, for sure, but the ones around here do a lot of good for homeless and hungry.  I will gladly admit there are those that are all show and no go but I think in the general scheme of things they are relatively fewer in number.

I don’t have a problem with charities my issue is giving nonprofit status strictly for being a religious organization. Charitable organizations have much more stringent rules and reporting requirements than churches or religious organizations where anything goes. Scientology is a great example of using religious nonprofit status to reap billions in profits with very little oversight. 

• 6 months later...