Hey HawgGoneIt 16

Rufus69

Amigo,

My understanding tomorrow is gonna be quite the day.  Colquitt will showcase Packer Football at its finest.  From Middle school to 8th grade to 9th grade to JV to Varsity.  Now that's what I call a football extravaganza.  Wish I could be there.

Counting on you to give a full unbiased account of just how poor, tiny, little and undersized we are....(Smile).

But simply as a preemptive strike....

OH WOE IS US !!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Can’t wait for the update. 

Marietta has our spring game as well. 
Baby Sweets says at least one kid on the OL over 200lbs so they’re trending upwards. He didn’t say the kid started, just had that weight! 

I too will report back, but don’t expect miracles. We are playing a one loss team from 6A last year.......

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

Baby Sweets says at least one kid on the OL over 200lbs so they’re trending upwards. He didn’t say the kid started, just had that weight! 

I too will report back, but don’t expect miracles. We are playing a one loss team from 6A last year.......

This is not our spring game.  That is on the 21st against The Mighty Cairo Syrupmakers.  This is Packers against Packers.  My understanding is....EVERYBODY is looking forward to the 9th grade vs the JV.  I mean...not that we got anything to show off....(Smile).

Rufus>>

There's nothing to see over here at the Hawg Pen tomorrow. Nothing much at all. 

Hell, we'll need bifocals or readers to see the little hawgs out there. I have a magnifying glass and a nice zoom on my camera so maybe we'll be able to blow some stuff up big enough so as we can see what these little fellas look like. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

I heard early this morning...that after watching last night's scrimmage game between Marietta and River Run...Grayson called Marietta and forfeited their 2021 regular season game.

And everybody said River Run was gonna be the "cat's meow".

Nice win for the Bluish Devils......

Rufus>>

Just now, Rufus69 said:

I heard early this morning...that after watching last night's scrimmage game between Marietta and River Run...Grayson called Marietta and forfeited their 2021 regular season game.

And everybody said River Run was gonna be the "cat's meow".

Nice win for the Bluish Devils......

Rufus>>

They may have, but only to avoid having charges pressed against them for child abuse. 🤷‍♂️ 

We are smaller than I even thought. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

How’s the QB situation turning out?

It will be a LOT better when that Cali QB transfer gets to Norman Park this summer.

I was told...him and his family were gonna live with Rush.  But I don't know this to be Gospel....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

How’s the QB situation turning out?

We've still got some work to do in there tbh. Zane had a rough start but came on as the scrimmage played out. Neko looks really good with footwork and scrambling ahead of Zane imo. 

I have no idea at this point who is the best kid for the spot. Of course I'm no coach or professional talent scout either. I pay attention to mannerisms on the sideline and that type stuff almost as much as actual play. I'm bothered by some stuff with Zman. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We've still got some work to do in there tbh. Zane had a rough start but came on as the scrimmage played out. Neko looks really good with footwork and scrambling ahead of Zane imo. 

I have no idea at this point who is the best kid for the spot. Of course I'm no coach or professional talent scout either. I pay attention to mannerisms on the sideline and that type stuff almost as much as actual play. I'm bothered by some stuff with Zman. 

If they’re close , I think u gotta start Zane because of seniority and experience, but we all seen him handle 7a playoffs, how much better can he get over one covid year, 

if th underclassman can scramble and is a better Qb, I’m starting the younin

but what do I know, I’m a glorified Sanitation worker 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Neko definitely has some talent...and I'm sure he's gonna be tough to beat out.  But to play the QB position at Colquitt...you hafta have the "mental toughness".   I say...bring back Chase as a QB coach.  Let him work with our QBs.  I was told that Z-Man is thinking he already has the starting position.  And that COULD be an issue...if it's real.  I will say this.  It will be hard to win with a sophomore at QB.  It's doable...but it won't be the easiest thing in the world.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Neko definitely has some talent...and I'm sure he's gonna be tough to beat out.  But to play the QB position at Colquitt...you hafta have the "mental toughness".   I say...bring back Chase as a QB coach.  Let him work with our QBs.  I was told that Z-Man is thinking he already has the starting position.  And that COULD be an issue...if it's real.  I will say this.  It will be hard to win with a sophomore at QB.  It's doable...but it won't be the easiest thing in the world.

Rufus>>

U can’t really find out what a qb has until he plays another schools team, where every play the Defense is trying to take off the QBs head, can’t really see what QB really has when he’s not wearing a protective red jersey, which I assume they wore today 

23 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Zane likes to go to the blame game mannerism on the field and then go stand by himself away from the team with his arms crossed when stuff isn't going well. 

Neko is in with the team and cheering on Zane and others when he's on the sideline. 

Big difference imo. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Zane likes to go to the blame game mannerism on the field and then go stand by himself away from the team with his arms crossed when stuff isn't going well. 

Neko is in with the team and cheering on Zane and others when he's on the sideline. 

Big difference imo. 

It's a personality issue more than a talent gap.

Zane has a lot of good but there is that personality thing. Neko is short but very capable and much more a team guy with my untrained eye. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Big difference imo. 

Spot on.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Rumor on Grapevine is if packers don’t start neko he gonna go up to 229 pipeline and will be starting as a Viking next year 

I'll just put it out there...if you're not a team player...you're not gonna do that well at Colquitt.  The Hawgs have always prided themselves on being a family.  They have each others backs.  That's how they've been able to take above average athletes (as a rule) and compete at the highest level.

Now we've had a few "stars"...but mostly we're blue collar/no collar guys.

It's like this....several years back...we had a coach who was tough as nails.  And I had an acquaintance from a rival school say to me...."Rufus, Coach ****** is a downright SOB".

My response was...."Yeah, but he's OUR SOB".

We got our guys' backs.....

Rufus>>

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Rumor on Grapevine is if packers don’t start neko he gonna go up to 229 pipeline and will be starting as a Viking next year 

Could be.

If it happens that way...I truly hope he and his family follow the rules to a "T".

And I know his Mom.  I think she knows who will take care of her boys.

Rufus>>

• Like 2