Hey HawgGoneIt 16

Rufus69

On 5/15/2021 at 12:40 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If they’re close , I think u gotta start Zane because of seniority and experience, but we all seen him handle 7a playoffs, how much better can he get over one covid year, 

if th underclassman can scramble and is a better Qb, I’m starting the younin

but what do I know, I’m a glorified Sanitation worker 

That's no way to talk about your governor!

On 5/15/2021 at 12:47 PM, Rufus69 said:

Neko definitely has some talent...and I'm sure he's gonna be tough to beat out.  But to play the QB position at Colquitt...you hafta have the "mental toughness".   I say...bring back Chase as a QB coach.  Let him work with our QBs.  I was told that Z-Man is thinking he already has the starting position.  And that COULD be an issue...if it's real.  I will say this.  It will be hard to win with a sophomore at QB.  It's doable...but it won't be the easiest thing in the world.

Rufus>>

Well, with a lotta help from the refs, Parkview pulled that off in the 1997 semis!

7 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

Colquitt has ALWAYS needed a dual threat! And NEKO is IT at this point! Too bad we couldn't see that come to fruition last season with X!

We were definitely a different team with Xavier. I won't soon forget how the Tift defense played that game he got injured, nor will I forget how the refs let them. 

Neko is fast and he has a nice presence. Seems fairly accurate from the pocket and the scramble. The only major downsides are he's shorter and he's young so his experience is wanting. 

Zane is a bit taller and more experienced. He can be very accurate and has a strong arm. He is capable of scrambling and making a run downfield at times. His major downsides are it appears he likes to blame everyone else for his own shortcomings. He tends to put the ball too low much of the time until he settles in. Internal clock: He is too slow at decision making sometimes which leads to sacks. 

About the size comparison: I know they're both listed at 6' 0" and both basically the same weight at 153 and 155 lbs, but, looking from the stands Zane appears taller. Both of them could use some meat on their bones. 

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We were definitely a different team with Xavier. I won't soon forget how the Tift defense played that game he got injured, nor will I forget how the refs let them. 

Neko is fast and he has a nice presence. Seems fairly accurate from the pocket and the scramble. The only major downsides are he's short and he's young so his experience is wanting. 

Zane is a bit taller and more experienced. He can be very accurate and has a strong arm. He is capable of scrambling and making a run downfield at times. His major downsides are it appears he likes to blame everyone else for his own shortcomings. He tends to put the ball too low much of the time until he settles in. Internal clock: He is too slow at decision making sometimes which leads to sacks. 

About the size comparison: I know they're both listed at 6' 0" and both basically the same weight at 153 and 155 lbs, but, looking from the stands Zane appears taller. Both of them could use some meat on their bones. 

I think both Z and Neko are dual threat QBs.  And they both bring some solid stuff to the table.  I believe it's gonna come down to which one has the team's confidence.  Our coaching staff should be able to read the situation pretty well.  But in my opine...BOTH need playing time...or we could get caught like we did last year when X went down.

Like I posted earlier...it's not impossible to win in AAAAAAA with a sophomore QB...but it won't be easy either.

The summer will tell the tale....or in a lot of our poster's words on this message board....the summer will tale the tell.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I think both Z and Neko are dual threat QBs.  And they both bring some solid stuff to the table.  I believe it's gonna come down to which one has the team's confidence.  Our coaching staff should be able to read the situation pretty well.  But in my opine...BOTH need playing time...or we could get caught like we did last year when X went down.

Like I posted earlier...it's not impossible to win in AAAAAAA with a sophomore QB...but it won't be easy either.

The summer will tell the tale....or in a lot of our poster's words on this message board....the summer will tale the tell.

Rufus>>

There is no doubt we have a staff in place that should be able to figure it out. 

None of that changes the fact that as an avid fan I feel concerned about that position. I see a wonderful receiving corps. Some good running backs and a line that is a little bigger than last season but still a work in progress. None of that matters if you can't keep a solid mentality, manage the game, or keep the balls off the receivers shoestrings.

The good thing is, we have a spring game on Friday night against Cairo, and an entire summer to work on these issues through 7v7 and etc.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

I’m wrong like always probably, BUT ain’t no way Z is a dual threat QB , we seen it in 7a playoffs, he just couldn’t get outside the pocket and make plays happen like X did

18 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m wrong like always probably, BUT ain’t no way Z is a dual threat QB , we seen it in 7a playoffs, he just couldn’t get outside the pocket and make plays happen like X did

OK...you're wrong as always.

The "Z" has good feet and pretty decent speed.  But you gotta have the snaps.  You gotta understand when the opposing defense is giving you the zone read.  You gotta understand WHEN to pull it down and run.  You hafta improve your internal clock.  That comes with experience.  And to be a Senior...Z doesn't have as much experience as I'd like.  However; he does have a LOT more than Neko at this point.

It's gonna be interesting this summer.  REAL interesting.  As Hawg posted...we definitely got the staff to figure it all out.  Friday night should give the first glimpses of where we are at the QB position.  And I will assure you...Hawg and 67 Packer will be all over this...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

OK...you're wrong as always.

The "Z" has good feet and pretty decent speed.  But you gotta have the snaps.  You gotta understand when the opposing defense is giving you the zone read.  You gotta understand WHEN to pull it down and run.  You hafta improve your internal clock.  That comes with experience.  And to be a Senior...Z doesn't have as much experience as I'd like.  However; he does have a LOT more than Neko at this point.

It's gonna be interesting this summer.  REAL interesting.  As Hawg posted...we definitely got the staff to figure it all out.  Friday night should give the first glimpses of where we are at the QB position.  And I will assure you...Hawg and 67 Packer will be all over this...(Smile).

Rufus>>

Rufus>>

I got faith in the staff, they gonna do the right thing, Neko coming into be the starter after week 3

Idk the two guys times in 40 yard or anything. I only can go by my eyes as I was able to compare them as they rotated on Saturday. 

Neko definitely has better abilities at scrambling, side stepping and delivering an accurate pass while doing so.. Both of them can take off and run with the ball if necessary. Zane is pretty quick as is Neko. 

I do think Zane more of a pro style and Neko more dual threat,but, Zane really is a capable runner when necessary. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk the two guys times in 40 yard or anything. I only can go by my eyes as I was able to compare them as they rotated on Saturday. 

Neko definitely has better abilities at scrambling, side stepping and delivering an accurate pass while doing so.. Both of them can take off and run with the ball if necessary. Zane is pretty quick as is Neko. 

I do think Zane more of a pro style and Neko more dual threat,but, Zane really is a capable runner when necessary. 

I’m a gambling man

, if they’re both the same, and ones gonna be a sophomore and the other is senior and they both the same, I’m riding with the super sophomore who hasn’t peaked yet, who knows by week he can be the second coming with that many games under his belt, 

13 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m a gambling man

, if they’re both the same, and ones gonna be a sophomore and the other is senior and they both the same, I’m riding with the super sophomore who hasn’t peaked yet, who knows by week he can be the second coming with that many games under his belt, 

I don't think I see it that way...if they're the SAME.  But luckily, I don't hafta make that call.  I'll rely on the coaching staff and whatever they say...I'll be fine.

Of course, I say all this and hell, there might be another guy I don't know about.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m a gambling man

I'm guessing... Totally spitballing here, but, I suspect there may be some packages for both qbs. I haven't seen anything that tells me that, just a suspicion. 

You want to win games now, but, you also have to be future minded as well, so, getting the younger qb into some game situations is probably expected. 

Imagine that Neko is a soph and Zane is a senior. Their measurements and weights are virtually the same on the roster list. Neko has 3 years to gain and grow. Zane is probably maxed at size now. 

I think people may get the idea that I'm being hard on Zane or whatever, or that I don't like him or something. It's nothing like that with me. I like the young man fine. Anything I'm saying is constructive criticism and just my opinion from my perspective in the stands. 

I fully believe Zane is a capable player. He definitely has some stuff to work on as do we all. We saw Zane look really well last season in certain games, the Brookwood game for instance I think was 40 to 10 final and Zane likely the player of the game. We also saw times when that inexperience hurt us and that busted trick play before halftime at Norcross was tough and caused him to be benched. Hopefully he's all the better for that now.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think people may get the idea that I'm being hard on Zane or whatever, or that I don't like him or something. It's nothing like that with me. I like the young man fine. Anything I'm saying is constructive criticism and just my opinion from my perspective in the stands. 

I fully believe Zane is a capable player. He definitely has some stuff to work on as do we all. We saw Zane look really well last season in certain games, the Brookwood game for instance I think was 40 to 10 final and Zane likely the player of the game. We also saw times when that inexperience hurt us and that busted trick play before halftime at Norcross was tough and caused him to be benched. Hopefully he's all the better for that now.

And does Neko or Zane play any other positions?

On 5/15/2021 at 5:20 PM, Pack45 said:

Why would a player transfer when he figures that he will start for 2 years at  Colquitt to team that we beat 40 -10 last year

Coaches,treatment,environment,parents opportunities, better education.

I mean you have former packer parents that have outlined multiple reasons fir moving.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@Rufus69thoughts??

I told u 229 gonna get him

I dont think they have as great of a staff there as we have at Colquitt. They certainly don't have as great of facilities yet, although they apparently are working on that. They do have a little better graduation rate down there, so, if a parent said they were transferring their kid to Lowndes from either Moultrie or Valdosta High, I'd be more likely to accept that than if they said they're going to Valdosta from Moultrie where the graduation rate is a virtual tie. They graduate at over 90% at Lowndes. 

Environment... hmm. Kids turn up dead and there's big cover-ups at Lowndes. To my knolwedge we haven't had anything like that at Colquitt. 

Parental opportunities... Yeah. People live in Moultrie and drive to Valdosta for jobs because they just don't wanna live down there in the rat race with a similar crime rate.