Jump to content

Hey HawgGoneIt 16


Rufus69
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Pack45 said:

I am not hearing much about Baby D this year

Well...I personally look at that as a positive sign. 

Cause for a while now...when you've heard anything from or about "D"...it ain't been good.

If the kid can keep his head straight...and start playing and practicing as a TRUE Hawg...he has a very bright future.

I think he's listening to the wrong people.

Gospel....

 

 

Rufus>>

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

I am hearing that he is charting better than his older brother at his age and he has a stronger leg. It might be the new coach we have working with the kickers. 

You know, I’ve often wondered about kids like 88 who go to camp after camp after camp. How often do they burn out? If they do burn out, how often do they bounce back? In the case of kickers, how often do they get dead leg? 
 

I played golf with a FSU donor who said, and he was spitballing.......I’m sure, that 88 hasn’t hit his stride at FSU yet. Said he was about .500 on FGA. Also thought he might get beaten out this year. I don’t know much about FSU football, but I expected 88 to kick ass down there. I reached out to LSU a few times about him, but they were locked on Cade York (who’s been an absolute monster) and didn’t pursue. He still has time, as he can be a RSC. third year Freshman. I’m rooting for him. 
 

Any word around the Colquitt campfire about 88 at FSU? I’d ask Chad, but he gets in his feelings when it comes to me. Still pining for rush, for some odd reason. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

You know, I’ve often wondered about kids like 88 who go to camp after camp after camp. How often do they burn out? If they do burn out, how often do they bounce back? In the case of kickers, how often do they get dead leg? 
 

I played golf with a FSU donor who said, and he was spitballing.......I’m sure, that 88 hasn’t hit his stride at FSU yet. Said he was about .500 on FGA. Also thought he might get beaten out this year. I don’t know much about FSU football, but I expected 88 to kick ass down there. I reached out to LSU a few times about him, but they were locked on Cade York (who’s been an absolute monster) and didn’t pursue. He still has time, as he can be a RSC. third year Freshman. I’m rooting for him. 
 

Any word around the Colquitt campfire about 88 at FSU? I’d ask Chad, but he gets in his feelings when it comes to me. Still pining for rush, for some odd reason. 

It's my opine that Ryan has a "pitbull" mentality.  He may have a bad day or he might have stiff competition...but he's not one to shy away from a crisis.  He'll be fine at FSU.  I say this in all sincerity....if all the chips are on the table and I gotta have a guy make a kick...I'll take Ryan.  Mentally, he's tough as nails.  And he has great talent.

Hopefully, little brother is made of the same cloth.

 

 

Rufus>>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

It's my opine that Ryan has a "pitbull" mentality.  He may have a bad day or he might have stiff competition...but he's not one to shy away from a crisis.  He'll be fine at FSU.  I say this in all sincerity....if all the chips are on the table and I gotta have a guy make a kick...I'll take Ryan.  Mentally, he's tough as nails.  And he has great talent.

Hopefully, little brother is made of the same cloth.

 

 

Rufus>>

I wish him well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

You know, I’ve often wondered about kids like 88 who go to camp after camp after camp. How often do they burn out? If they do burn out, how often do they bounce back? In the case of kickers, how often do they get dead leg? 
 

I played golf with a FSU donor who said, and he was spitballing.......I’m sure, that 88 hasn’t hit his stride at FSU yet. Said he was about .500 on FGA. Also thought he might get beaten out this year. I don’t know much about FSU football, but I expected 88 to kick ass down there. I reached out to LSU a few times about him, but they were locked on Cade York (who’s been an absolute monster) and didn’t pursue. He still has time, as he can be a RSC. third year Freshman. I’m rooting for him. 
 

Any word around the Colquitt campfire about 88 at FSU? I’d ask Chad, but he gets in his feelings when it comes to me. Still pining for rush, for some odd reason. 

.500??? That’s bad right?? I thought he was lights out at colquitt 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

.500??? That’s bad right?? I thought he was lights out at colquitt 

A lot of variables in kicking, but around .500 isn’t good.

 

Hope he’s able to right the ship. Norvell is rumored to have got some big money guys buying in. They need it. Been doing well in the transfer portal, though I have no idea how it works that some teams can take ten guys (after signing 25) and other one or two? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

A lot of variables in kicking, but around .500 isn’t good.

 

Hope he’s able to right the ship. Norvell is rumored to have got some big money guys buying in. They need it. Been doing well in the transfer portal, though I have no idea how it works that some teams can take ten guys (after signing 25) and other one or two? 

I never played College football , is there a difference in distance or fieldgoal width, what about football size and material, are they kicking off a kicking block or off the ground 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I'm hearing REALLY good things about Baby 88....(Smile).

 

 

Rufus>>

Idk if many of you know about our new kid that moved down from the metro area. I think from Hampton. He's got the measurables and seems to be a great kid. 

Jaden Fowler rising sophomore. 6' 2" 180 lbs at the age of 15. I think he's going to be a big target for whomever we have throwing the ball. Between him, Carolina and Wheeler we look loaded in that wide receiver position group. 

https://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/georgia/moultrie/colquitt-county-high-school/jaden-fowler5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk if many of you know about our new kid that moved down from the metro area. I think from Hampton. He's got the measurables and seems to be a great kid. 

Jaden Fowler rising sophomore. 6' 2" 180 lbs at the age of 15. I think he's going to be a big target for whomever we have throwing the ball. Between him, Carolina and Wheeler we look loaded in that wide receiver position group. 

https://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/georgia/moultrie/colquitt-county-high-school/jaden-fowler5

Hawg.....HAWG !!!!!

We were gonna keep that quiet.

I'll do the best I can to protect you.

 

 

Rufus>>

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk if many of you know about our new kid that moved down from the metro area. I think from Hampton. He's got the measurables and seems to be a great kid. 

Jaden Fowler rising sophomore. 6' 2" 180 lbs at the age of 15. I think he's going to be a big target for whomever we have throwing the ball. Between him, Carolina and Wheeler we look loaded in that wide receiver position group. 

https://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/georgia/moultrie/colquitt-county-high-school/jaden-fowler5

Feels good right??  Like Christmas morning especially if he turns out to be stud, im all for it  #BeGreat

 

#ToBeTheBestYouHaveToTransferToTHeBest

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marietta has a solid TE, but our WRs are both under 5’6”.  Great athletes, but very small. They look decent sized im the huddle because the damned team is small! 
 

Now I know y’all think I’m joking, but wait until you come to Northcutt. And then I want every one of you sonofabitches to apologize to me for thinking I was lying. 
 

Every. Damned. One of you! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Feels good right??  Like Christmas morning especially if he turns out to be stud, im all for it  #BeGreat

 

#ToBeTheBestYouHaveToTransferToTHeBest

I'm not overly ecstatic about transfers, even when they land on my team. I do however appreciate a good player just like we all do. I think this kid may be one if Coach Hill can coach him up and all. He definitely has the size and is a very smart young man. Seems like I saw somewhere he's potentially on a career pathway for medical school or got some recognition for being a great candidate for that or whatever. 

Talked with his grandpa at the scrimmage and he mainly wondered about the Rush Propst thing here and all. I guess kind of curious about whether folks were still split over it or not. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Anyone's teams doing a 7v7 tour this summer? Get a chance to get after the Colquitt County Packers 7v7 squads. 

 

 

Hawg...we're hoping some of the Cali teams will make the trip !!!!!!

 

 

Rufus>>

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2021 at 12:29 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

We've still got some work to do in there tbh. Zane had a rough start but came on as the scrimmage played out. Neko looks really good with footwork and scrambling ahead of Zane imo. 

I have no idea at this point who is the best kid for the spot. Of course I'm no coach or professional talent scout either. I pay attention to mannerisms on the sideline and that type stuff almost as much as actual play. I'm bothered by some stuff with Zman. 

Colquitt has ALWAYS needed a dual threat! And NEKO is IT at this point! Too bad we couldn't see that come to fruition last season with X!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...