Question for Ga HS football fans

Mag44

I recall that BC beat a good Greyson team in Ga a couple of years ago and wanted an honest opinion by you guys as to how good you thought BC was...I had read that one the Greyson went to the BC team and told BC had earned Greyson's respect...That kind of sportsmanship I admire..

Edited by Mag44

That was a dud of a game. That grayson team had talent "recruited of course" but they had a selfish mentality no leadership and no real coach. We went on the road with jacurri a 9th grader at the time and beat them with little to no passing game. Those kids listened to nobody and it showed on the field.

18 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

That was a dud of a game. That grayson team had talent "recruited of course" but they had a selfish mentality no leadership and no real coach. We went on the road with jacurri a 9th grader at the time and beat them with little to no passing game. Those kids listened to nobody and it showed on the field.

Thanks..

2 hours ago, Mag44 said:

I recall that BC beat a good Greyson team in Ga a couple of years ago and wanted an honest opinion by you guys as to how good you thought BC was...I had read that one the Greyson went to the BC team and told BC had earned Greyson's respect...That kind of sportsmanship I admire..

That season, 2018, if Grayson had played in 1AAAAAAA, they would have finished third behind Colquitt and Lowndes! Who both beat them at Grayson. 

15 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

That season, 2018, if Grayson had played in 1AAAAAAA, they would have finished third behind Colquitt and Lowndes! Who both beat them at Grayson. 

Thanks...So far nobody ha said what they felt bout BC, rather diminish Greyson...How did they finish that season....

That BC team seemed like a solid squad that could have made the playoffs in Georgia's top classification. Depending on the region, they could have possibly made it as a 1 seed in some of the weaker regions. 

The game played out pretty clean as well, which was a testament to both teams. 

The reason you're getting people denigrating that Grayson squad is because Grayson was billed as Georgia's number one team and all when they weren't. It was a preseason ranking that whiffed but caused a lot of hoopla on the boards. 

Still see that Bergen team as a very solid squad that can compete well with most teams. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Kid needs to move to TE or OLB now. Rumor is dubose isn’t impressed with his QBing but knows all hell will break loose if he replaces him. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That BC team seemed like a solid squad that could have made the playoffs in Georgia's top classification. Depending on the region, they could have possibly made it as a 1 seed in some of the weaker regions. 

The game played out pretty clean as well, which was a testament to both teams. 

The reason you're getting people denigrating that Grayson squad is because Grayson was billed as Georgia's number one team and all when they weren't. It was a preseason ranking that whiffed but caused a lot of hoopla on the boards. 

Still see that Bergen team as a very solid squad that can compete well with most teams. 

Good reply and thanks..This was the kind of reply I was hoping for..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mag44 said:

Thanks...So far nobody ha said what they felt bout BC, rather diminish Greyson...How did they finish that season....

You have to consider who is responding.  The team wasn't recruited despite what Ga96 will tell you  (I don't think he can say "Grayson" without claiming recruiting in the same breath).  Unfortunately there was a ton of talent on that team and too many of them believed in their own press.  I only saw that team play as a team once or twice that season and the results showed.  It was a lackadaisical effort on their part in the BC game.  Some of the "superstars" would go to the bench and sit between possessions and not listen to the coaches (or fans! I screamed at them so hard I almost lost my voice and my wife kept sushing me).  The team that played Archer for example would have beat BC.  It was not to be that night though so we stepped on ourselves and embarrassed ourselves.  I saw a BC team that was solid but in my opinion was not the world beaters I had been led to believe.  I'm sure they can say that about Grayson as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fred said:

You have to consider who is responding.  The team wasn't recruited despite what Ga96 will tell you  (I don't think he can say "Grayson" without claiming recruiting in the same breath).  Unfortunately there was a ton of talent on that team and too many of them believed in their own press.  I only saw that team play as a team once or twice that season and the results showed.  It was a lackadaisical effort on their part in the BC game.  Some of the "superstars" would go to the bench and sit between possessions and not listen to the coaches (or fans! I screamed at them so hard I almost lost my voice and my wife kept sushing me).  The team that played Archer for example would have beat BC.  It was not to be that night though so we stepped on ourselves and embarrassed ourselves.  I saw a BC team that was solid but in my opinion was not the world beaters I had been led to believe.  I'm sure they can say that about Grayson as well.

Your chasing Hawg for a good post..."not a world beater"......well as GSB stated above neither team that year ranked highly....

On 5/19/2021 at 11:47 AM, Fred said:

I wouldn't accuse them of anything that wasn't true. The entire state knows the billy goats recruits. The goats are a 500 team at best without its recruits.