Where does Tommie Frazier rank all-time as a CFB QB?

ChimpGrip

5 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Where? Nebraska is another team I follow. Has been hard to watch since 2010.

Greatest College QB of all Time.... That Nebraska team is top 3 or top 5 at worst.... I absolutely loved watching him play and one of my best buddies is a Nebraska nut because his uncle went there so I have always been a fan myself....

Unfortunately been a lot of down times since then, joining the Big 10 was a mistake.... Also, coaching hasn’t been good since Osborne left....

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Greatest College QB of all Time.... That Nebraska team is top 3 or top 5 at worst.... I absolutely loved watching him play and one of my best buddies is a Nebraska nut because his uncle went there so I have always been a fan myself....

Unfortunately been a lot of down times since then, joining the Big 10 was a mistake.... Also, coaching hasn’t been good since Osborne left....

No...Joining the Big 10 was the best thing NEB could have done.

Texas was gonna run NEB through the mud worse than thier coaches would have.  Osborne got out before the Prop 48 downfall (Which Texas caused) began.  That and the lack of revenue-sharing (like the SEC for example) along with the Longhorn Network was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Besides...NEB is better fit for Big 10.  They gotta get thier recruiting together.  They're not getting all the elite talent or have the walk-on linemen like the 90s...

7 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

No...Joining the Big 10 was the best thing NEB could have done.

Texas was gonna run NEB through the mud worse than thier coaches would have.  Osborne got out before the Prop 48 downfall (Which Texas caused) began.  That and the lack of revenue-sharing (like the SEC for example) along with the Longhorn Network was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Besides...NEB is better fit for Big 10.  They gotta get thier recruiting together.  They're not getting all the elite talent or have the walk-on linemen like the 90s...

Texas even when they losing continue to  run the Big 12.... 

That conference  is basically Texas and Oklahoma and everyone else is just there... 

Nebraska did good by joining the Big 10... 

Now I wish ND would join... 

But besides that what is prop 48?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Texas even when they losing continue to  run the Big 12.... 

That conference  is basically Texas and Oklahoma and everyone else is just there... 

Nebraska did good by joining the Big 10... 

Now I wish ND would join... 

But besides that what is prop 48?

Prop 48 set minimum eligibility requirements for scholarship athletes. Set the SAT minimum and GPA minimum. It paved the way for what we know now as the Clearinghouse. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

I'll go into more detail later.  1st day on 2nd job. 😭

Yeah there is/was definitely a lot more involved in Prop 48. I didn't feel like typing about all the reasons it was put into place and the ramifications on the recruiting process. 

TX was struggling to keep up and looking for a way to slow down other teams.

20 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Potential CFB GOAT at QB.  I never thought he'd make in the NFL but in college he was unbelievable.  I knew the Peter brothers and they told me the guy hit the hole so quick he was no different than another great TB like Phillips or Green.   Being a Husker fan, I noticed that his passing really developed over time but was ny no means great.  The only two teams I saw give him a hard time were FSU and Miami but he still did ok and those defenses were stacked with NFLers 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Potential CFB GOAT at QB.  I never thought he'd make in the NFL but in college he was unbelievable.  I knew the Peter brothers and they told me the guy hit the hole so quick he was no different than another great TB like Phillips or Green.   Being a Husker fan, I noticed that his passing really developed over time but was ny no means great.  The only two teams I saw give him a hard time were FSU and Miami but he still did ok and those defenses were stacked with NFLers 

Do you still know the Peter brothers? PM if you can, have quite a few questions. Cool to see a fellow Husker fan here! Bama is my favorite team and has been because I'm a big Saban fan but Nebraska is my #2!

21 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

I watched Nebraska football pretty closely when former Centennial High QB Taylor Martinez was playing there. He had some real highlights when he was on. I went to the Big 10 Championship game to see him too. Fun stuff. 

• Like 2

I loved those Nebraska teams. My Lakeland Dreadnaughts went down to Tommie's Manatee Hurricanes a couple of times. But, Frazier benefitted tremendously from great run-blocking lines, great RBs and great defenses. You guys are overrating him, though I'm fine with the idea of him winning the '95 Heisman over Eddie George. The comparisons to Holieway are a little odd for those who watched games intently then (or on Youtube now). Holieway was a tiny little wishbone QB on a team that ran option on maybe 2/3 of its plays. Frazier was 6'2" and around 220 lbs, and Nebraska didn't run any wishbone . They ran a multiple offense, which ran the ball ~75% of the time and ran option on at most 20% of plays. Frazier was certainly perfect for Nebraska's scheme, and that scheme proved plenty good enough even against a very fast, SEC championship team. Perhaps he and Tim Tebow are good comparisons to each other, though. 

Fun fact: Tim Tebow had more than double the career rushing attempts of Frazier, more than 50% more rushing yards, and 11 more rushing touchdowns than Frazier. A few extra games and an up-tempo approach certainly helped. But, just goes to show how different the game was played at Florida 13 years after Frazier left Nebraska.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

I loved those Nebraska teams. My Lakeland Dreadnaughts went down to Tommie's Manatee Hurricanes a couple of times. But, Frazier benefitted tremendously from great run-blocking lines, great RBs and great defenses. You guys are overrating him, though I'm fine with the idea of him winning the '95 Heisman over Eddie George. The comparisons to Holieway are a little odd for those who watched games intently then (or on Youtube now). Holieway was a tiny little wishbone QB on a team that ran option on maybe 2/3 of its plays. Frazier was 6'2" and around 220 lbs, and Nebraska didn't run any wishbone . They ran a multiple offense, which ran the ball ~75% of the time and ran option on at most 20% of plays. Frazier was certainly perfect for Nebraska's scheme, and that scheme proved plenty good enough even against a very fast, SEC championship team. Perhaps he and Tim Tebow are good comparisons to each other, though. 

Fun fact: Tim Tebow had more than double the career rushing attempts of Frazier, more than 50% more rushing yards, and 11 more rushing touchdowns than Frazier. A few extra games and an up-tempo approach certainly helped. But, just goes to show how different the game was played at Florida 13 years after Frazier left Nebraska.

Good analysis . My thoughts on Tebow similar to yours

• Thanks 1