Well,well, Florida got it right...

Mag44

10 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Fine.

I agree.

So why are you compelled to lie about it being part of CRT when it's not? Your own links refute your claim.

It seems you do not wish to defend any of the practices that were mentioned in the links provided, other than to agree at least some of it is inappropriate. Meaning, we likely agree on that front.

The crux of your argument seems to be that the inappropriate stuff is not CRT. OK. There can be endless debate over what, exactly, CRT is. Kimberle Crenshaw even acknowledges there is no one, simple definition and that it should be seen as dynamic rather than static.

This is why I suggest opponents move away from referring to “CRT” and instead explain at length the things we oppose. A bill in North Carolina does this well. An opinion written by the Montana A.G. is also worth a read. 

N.C. Bill

Montana opinion

59BC66D2-3805-4C4F-9887-051EFBD3494C.png

That's not CRT which is why Kendi said so.

So when called on your lies you just keep coming back to them.

Kendi openly opposes the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He openly advocates for discrimination on the basis of race. And this idea is ascendant on the far left.

What ass did you pull this out of?

You are conflating CRT with things that it has nothing to do with.

Kendi, who, once again, is EVERYWHERE and received $10 million from Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, has an entire chapter of his book "How to be an Antiracist" dedicated to opposing capitalism. Critical Race Theory, in asserting racism and white supremacy permeates every system of society, opposes capitalism by definition, since it is an essential component of what they allege is an entirely white supremacist country. Most of those pushing CRT and CRT-inspired ideas want EVERYTHING abolished. "Everything" explicitly includes the Constitution, equality under the law, and Enlightenment rationalism. The dominate idea-whether you classify it as CRT or something else- is that government should engineer precisely equal outcomes for all based on the race assigned to them by society. To even so much as question this is to be tarred a reprehensible racist.

Nobody is being forced to agree with it.

Evolution is taught in schools. Does everybody agree with it? Are they forced to?

You're hysterical in your lies and paranoia.

Evolution is taught as fact as it is scientific consensus. Creationism is not allowed to be taught. People are free to agree or disagree, but scientific consensus is scientific consensus. The ideas that, say, capitalism is racist or all white people are racist etc are just that: ideas. They should never be presented as anything other than ideas, where people are free to disagree without fear of punishment or condemnation. At the moment, that isn't the case. Any challenge to any of the dogma is automatically conflated with racism. And, denial of being a racist is treated as proof of being a racist per Kendi and others. It's fucking insane.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Andrew Sullivan is mostly a clown. Has been wrong on so many things that he would make William F. Buckley blush.

By the way, he's a proponent of viewing society through the prism of race as are most reasonable people.

I like McWhorter.

I'm happy to turn the mic over to McWhorter on any of this. Just listen to him and you'll understand where I am coming from.

13 hours ago, badrouter said:

It seems you do not wish to defend any of the practices that were mentioned in the links provided, other than to agree at least some of it is inappropriate. Meaning, we likely agree on that front.

They have nothing to do with the topic.

You promised one thing and delivered something else. As usual.

Kendi, who, once again, is EVERYWHERE and received $10 million from Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, has an entire chapter of his book "How to be an Antiracist" dedicated to opposing capitalism.

😄

Kendi did not contribute to the founding of CRT nor is he a current scholar on it.

You've been thoroughly exposed on this topic and in response to that you just keep going back to this guy who has nothing to do with the main topic.

It's comical.

So a book by a guy who is not a CRT scholar opposes capitalism so, ergo, badrouter lies and says that CRT is dedicated to the destruction of capitalism.

The brazenness of your lies is quite something.

The dominate idea-whether you classify it as CRT or something else- is that government should engineer precisely equal outcomes for all based on the race assigned to them by society. To even so much as question this is to be tarred a reprehensible racist.

A theory explains something.

CRT describes society from a certain perspective.

You're flailing all over the place and doing exactly what every other liar does: identify something that you don't like and then ascribe all of it to a theory that has nothing to do with it.

Utterly dishonest.

They should never be presented as anything other than ideas, where people are free to disagree without fear of punishment or condemnation. At the moment, that isn't the case.

😄

Several states and municipalities have banned it from being taught in schools.

But nobody is allowed to disagree with it without punishment.

Clown Lives Matter' rally aims to show people clowns are not creepy -  syracuse.com

Flinch ....

Flinch....

Bill de Blasio Implicated in Tragic Groundhog Death - The Atlantic

You OK ???

Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeath 🌬️

Your sphincter appears to be hyperventilating 💩

double digit posts and still going 😵

(if I didn't interupt🤣)

PS: what's that you say?...

19 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

He's not a liar like you are.

My participation in threads has always been comical.

Political Lies GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

nevermind 😝

On 6/12/2021 at 9:05 AM, badrouter said:

Let me know whenever you want to debate this with me. Rest assured, it won't go the way you think it will go. I promise I know considerably more about it then anyone here.

Note that this is unedited. I didn’t make claims specific to CRT. “It”, obviously, referred to the culture war going on over things being mandated and taught as fact, both in public classrooms and in workplaces. “It” has some degree of connection to CRT only in the sense that CRT was a starting point, or form of inspiration for the ideas now commonplace. 

All that you’ve done is boil down everything I’ve said down to “but that’s not CRT”. Everything I mention is real, and it is perfectly reasonable to be very concerned about it all. You don’t even dispute this. Inexplicably, because you don’t acknowledge it’s fitting perfectly under the umbrella of CRT (the size of the umbrella is ever changing per one of its foremost advocates), you suggest it is not even worth discussing...because it’s not “real CRT”. This despite the fact that I never pinned myself down to CRT specifically.

What we are witnessing is outrage over divisive dogma that is driven by people who really want to destroy society as we know it-they tell us as much. The *headlines in media* and many ignorant conservatives use CRT as a catch-all. And it seems you ASSumed I was doing the same, despite those words never appearing on the page from me. A word or phrase IS needed to describe the troubling phenomena we are seeing taxpayer $ funding. “Woke” is one, CRT is another. Neither suffice since manipulating word meanings is part and parcel to the abolitionists’ game. So, we’re left to take the long route and describe at length the things we oppose. 

What, exactly, is your objection to either the North Carolina or Montana documents?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

A theory explains something.

CRT describes society from a certain perspective.

You're flailing all over the place and doing exactly what every other liar does: identify something that you don't like and then ascribe all of it to a theory that has nothing to do with it.

Utterly dishonest.

How ideas are presented matters, significantly. It is perfectly legal to teach about Christianity in schools. It is utterly illegal to present Christianity as irrefutable fact. The better bills do not ban CRT ideas from being discussed. They ban them being presented as the gospel. 

Truth is, new laws shouldn’t be needed here. We already have laws banning the egregious practices seen all over the country. The problem is these laws have been flouted repeatedly, so something more is needed. Segregation based on race, for example, is already illegal; it’s also happening all over the place. Citizens shouldn’t be forced to endure it up to and until they complete a lawsuit. The shit needs to stop now, across the board, without daring people to sue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Why don't you take it up with him.

He doesn’t engage-at all- with ANYONE who disagrees with him. Including when the proposed debate is backed by Ted talks, or his own university, and when proceeds will go to the Unite Negro College Fund. Probably because the people asking to debate him obliterate his ideas with precision.

And, he’s already got the ear of the Biden administration: his ideas dominate the Department of Education. Kendi’s ideas dominate

The funny thing about all of these psychopathic lunatics who paint white people as evil and make everything racists are only talking to their side of the aisle. 

left wing media, celebrities, academia etc are only talking to their bubble of people. Because if you think any conservative, Republican, normal person believes this bag of horseshit then you are only admitting how naïve of a person you really are. 

like in the picture above. that fat sloppy piece of racist shit is only talking to other left wing lunatics. no normal human being that is anywhere near the center or center right would believe that garbage. only people like Canes, Buford, GA96 gobble that shit up 

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

These ideas, whatever you want to call them, are bad ideas. They should never be presented as irrefutable fact. Nobody should ever be compelled to agree with these ideas.

3783BC9B-7054-4645-9869-4A7000F5B91E.png

Whiteness is obviously bad since it does not promote equality of outcomes.

One of the early criticism of CRT (broadly construed) is that it would lead to anti-Asian sentiment, since Asians do better on average than other ethnic groups (including whites), which ipso facto implies that American culture and its institutions are unjust, and given other assumptions of CRT, that Asians are privileged.

The confusing part, for critical theorists, is why whiteness, a culture made by white people for white people, would privilege Asians over whites.

@SeaShells21 #stopAsianhate.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2