Braves are a lot of fun to play against

Bormio

Last night, Braves scrap back to tie game at 7.  Give up a 3 run bomb to Verdugo (who is having a better year than Mookie) and lose 10-8 to Boston. Tonight scrap from behind to lead 7-6 and give up a 467 foot grand slam to Arroyo, and lose 10-8.  Tonight in the 9th, losing by 3 with one on, one out in the 9th, Acuna doubles into the gap and gets thrown out trying to stretch into a triple (he of course was the 9th, not the tying, run).  Should sit next game as punishment for that total idiocy.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

The Diamondbacks are about to lose their 23rd straight road game.  The Orioles aren’t far behind with 19 straight.  

Diamondbacks are 9-31 on the road. Oh, to be that competitive.

The Rockies are 5-27 away from Denver (paying the Cardinals to take Arenado turns out to be as ridiculous as it sounded when it happened).

Acuna says “looking back”, he made a mistake.  He should not have to look back!!!  A 2 year-old knows going for 3rd in that situation is not done, whether you get thrown out by 2 inches or 10 feet.  His manager is totally right in blasting him.  It was a completely inane play.  And the Atlanta press is all about defending him.  Unreal!

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

The Diamondbacks are about to lose their 23rd straight road game.  The Orioles aren’t far behind with 19 straight.  

D backs are brutal. Funny thing is their roster is not that bad on paper. Although their pitching has been atrocious. First time the Giants have swept them in a 4 game series since 03’.

Orioles are a complete shit show. My old man still follows them since he’s from Baltimore, but they have been horrible.  I honestly thought they would be more competitive this year. Played summer ball with Brandon Hyde one year during college. He’s a few years younger and I was not real tight with him. Nice guy, but not sure if he makes it past this year in Baltimore.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Sadly…. Atlanta has a deep rooted culture of losing…. A train wreck at every turn it seems. 

Really hard to get excited, kinda like watching Jerry get the Idiots in metro Dallas to fund his football empire and watch the “train wreck” every Sunday. 

bgw

I enjoyed watched WTBS back in the day when it began… solid announcing crew and enjoyed watching Murphy, Horner, Butler, etc. play.  Chris Chambliss I recall playing there right after the Yanks success.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I enjoyed watched WTBS back in the day when it began… solid announcing crew and enjoyed watching Murphy, Horner, Butler, etc. play.  Chris Chambliss I recall playing there right after the Yanks success.  

Loved watching games on WTBS in the 80’s with Skip Caray and Pete Van Wiren. Caught almost all the Braves games during that era. Some good teams and some terrible ones.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Loved watching games on WTBS in the 80’s with Skip Caray and Pete Van Wiren. Caught almost all the Braves games during that era. Some good teams and some terrible ones.

Indeed.  My Mets sucked also during that period, which helped my viewing.  
Plus the Mets traded Tom Seaver the year prior to WTBS starting I believe or maybe two years.  I was not a happy camper and here came the Braves.  

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 9:06 PM, Bormio said:

Acuna says “looking back”, he made a mistake.  He should not have to look back!!!  A 2 year-old knows going for 3rd in that situation is not done, whether you get thrown out by 2 inches or 10 feet.  His manager is totally right in blasting him.  It was a completely inane play.  And the Atlanta press is all about defending him.  Unreal!

There are GOOD reasons why you have base coaches! But NOBODY EVER watches them!