Fair warning when traveling North to Marietta in August!...

Old Rabid One

18 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I personally like it that way. Puts more importance on college and high school.  The misery pro sports has caused Atlanta is not worth it. Outside of Cleveland Atlanta is the worst pro town in the world.

It is easy to not like something you don't have and will never have.

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

It is easy to not like something you don't have and will never have.

I have been to 30 plus NFL games even the superbowl in Atlanta where the Rams beat the Titans. Several Cowboys games in Dallas. Been to Memphis and Atlanta for NBA games. None of those touch a big time college game. The emotions and team pride from high school and college games blow the NFL away.  No Falcon game will touch say Georgia vs Florida or Alabama vs LSU.  This why  most nfl stadiums only seat 65 to 70k and colleges seat 100k plus. NFL is a business HS and college is a passion. In HS you can see your kin folk play rare in the NFL.  NASCAR used to have the college feel now it is NFL like. Remember this Birmingham is closer to Atlanta than probably 1/3 of the state of Georgia. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I have been to 30 plus NFL games even the superbowl in Atlanta where the Rams beat the Titans. Several Cowboys games in Dallas. Been to Memphis and Atlanta for NBA games. None of those touch a big time college game. The emotions and team pride from high school and college games blow the NFL away.  No Falcon game will touch say Georgia vs Florida or Alabama vs LSU.  This why  most nfl stadiums only seat 65 to 70k and colleges seat 100k plus. NFL is a business HS and college is a passion. In HS you can see your kin folk play rare in the NFL.  NASCAR used to have the college feel now it is NFL like. Remember this Birmingham is closer to Atlanta than probably 1/3 of the state of Georgia. 

I get all that but the reality is Alabama has no professional sports team.  I also know that there are counties in Alabama that are served by Atlanta TV stations for weather alerts and are part of the Atlanta local call area.  Must make you feel good to know they are associated with a state you appear to not care for.

17 minutes ago, Fred said:

I get all that but the reality is Alabama has no professional sports team.  I also know that there are counties in Alabama that are served by Atlanta TV stations for weather alerts and are part of the Atlanta local call area.  Must make you feel good to know they are associated with a state you appear to not care for.

I like Georgia just not Grayson and the GHSA.  Georgia is an easy state to pick on.

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2021 at 10:51 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Winning the same amount of championships as Atlanta has the last 25 years. Even the Braves championship year the manager was a woman beater. Hawks got lucky they got Nate from the pacers. Alabama has won more titles in Atlanta than Georgia teams have.

Georgia is the land of choking. 

Alabumble don't choke, because 90% of their playas are from the OTHER 49 states!

On 6/19/2021 at 10:51 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Winning the same amount of championships as Atlanta has the last 25 years. Even the Braves championship year the manager was a woman beater. Hawks got lucky they got Nate from the pacers. Alabama has won more titles in Atlanta than Georgia teams have.

Georgia is the land of choking. 

I think Atlanta won the ship in soccer recently..........didn't they?