Texas 6A preseason top 10

Horsefly

13 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

When Parsons transferred it put them behind the QB 8 ball. I need to see who they got first. That kid last year was no bueno.

True, Parsons transferring hurt them.  He’d be a SR now and a solid 3 year starter. It would change their projection significantly 

13 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I don’t know what Duncanville is doing scheduling MD with No QB, I feel like that’s the one position U really need to have a star to win these oos games

I’m not sure either, they’re very quiet over there on what’s going on, limited intel on scrimmages, spring workouts.  

one thing is they’re not small, they’ve got some big kids, they’ve been hitting the weights for sure (seen only pics) 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

What does that have to do with last year?  If they were open to going to OH last year what makes you think they wouldn’t be open to GA? Smh

Has nothing to do with last year, but it does speak to Samples travel habits.

Samples went OOS in 2010 and decided to be "open" again 10 years later at Duncanville....now he's apparently "open" to travel full time. It may be another 10 years before he's "open" again. That's his resume and until it changes one can't speak to Reginald Samples openness to travel. It's pure speculation, at best......

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

True, Parsons transferring hurt them.  He’d be a SR now and a solid 3 year starter. It would change their projection significantly 

He would be a JR he was a fish when he came for JJ. I think he is a Florida St lean. Him and my kid at Temple are cousins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I mean they were already playing DLS and Prattsville Bama so can’t fault 

that being said @HooverOutlaw what happened to prattsvill Alabama I remember them being really really good when I was in HS what changed 

Couple of things

1. Average coaching since DuBose left

2. Kids are not transferring to Prattville anymore. Most Montgomery kids who leave their current school end up in at a private school.

3. The Jim Harbaugh camp pissed off a lot of Prattville people. Their biggest money booster an Alabama alumni was against Harbaugh having that camp. After the camp he dropped all support. Plus several others pulled out after the camp. Michigan called several schools and were told no in Alabama. Prattville gave them the green light. 

4. Failure to develop a QB.

5. Leadership ar the top. I think the BOE is not made up of Prattville people anymore isxwhagvI was told last year.

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Interesting … DBP was no joke in ‘09.  Very good team back then.  If anything that tells us of the mind of chad Morris.  

LT Players Said they were fearless. They offered games to several schools (including some big Texas 5A schools) and they were turned down. LT believed they were the best and wanted to prove it. Money has never been an issue, so they can travel wherever they want.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Good looking kid. Not sure id start him vs MD unless he ready

I would, they need to get him the experience so next year he comes in poised.  They’re probably not winning a title this year in Texas anyways, too many experienced QBs return  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Kid they had last year was big and couldn't play a lick. If I was a betting man Duncanville will roll the SR out there. Maybe we see both. 

I agree, the kid last year didn’t cut it.  Their entire offense at times looked like they had no identity.  We’ll see what the new OC has in store.  Remember there was no spring ball last year and summer was interrupted, so I expect to see big improvements with these teams compared to week 1 a year ago 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I agree, the kid last year didn’t cut it.  Their entire offense at times looked like they had no identity.  We’ll see what the new OC has in store.  Remember there was no spring ball last year and summer was interrupted, so I expect to see big improvements with these teams compared to week 1 a year ago 

Yeah that's true with no spring ball that could had effected them somewhat. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Hillcrest almost put a running clock on Dutch Fork in the state championship game yet we got guys bragging about the best program in Texas beating them, at home, 58-53.

I’m surprised you’re going along with saying they were the best program in Texas that year.

They were losing to Flower Mound Marcus, DeSoto, Arlington Martin, Euless Trinity, and getting destroyed by Skyline until their quarterback broke his hand 🤷🏻‍♀️

That’s fine if you believe they were the best.

I’m just saying, If I were you, I wouldn’t give them any credit. They struggled all season long against something, something Texas teams.

They were a joke.

6 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I’m not sure either, they’re very quiet over there on what’s going on, limited intel on scrimmages, spring workouts.  

one thing is they’re not small, they’ve got some big kids, they’ve been hitting the weights for sure (seen only pics) 

Samples is not worried about winning in August. December matters. Playing MD will only make them better. Same goes for MD. I think it’s going to be a good game. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’m surprised you’re going along with saying they were the best program in Texas that year.

Teams are year-to-year.

Programs are long-term.

Allen was back-to-back defending 5A-I state champions and went on to win their 3rd straight that year. They were unequivocally the best program in Texas at the time.

They were also pretty clearly the #1 team that year as well.

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Teams are year-to-year.

Programs are long-term.

Allen was back-to-back defending 5A-I state champions and went on to win their 3rd straight that year. They were unequivocally the best program in Texas at the time.

They were also pretty clearly the #1 team that year as well.

That 2013 semifinal DeSoto had Allen dead in the water. Desmon White was something else. He wasn't quite Kyler Murray but he was a dude. 5'7 140 pounds on a good day but the biggest heart on the field. DeSoto blew a 35-20 lead with 8 minutes left in the 4th. That was the only game I ever felt Allen should had lost during the Murray era. 

Kyler Murray: 11-of-27, 228 yards, 2 TDs + 159 rush yards, 1 TD

Desmon White: 14-of-25, 134 yards, 1 TD + 189 rush yards, 4 TDs

https://starlocalmedia.com/allenamerican/sports/don-t-call-it-a-comeback-eagles-erase-15-point-deficit-top-desoto-in-epic/article_446c09e4-6530-11e3-918b-0019bb2963f4.html

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

That 2013 semifinal DeSoto had Allen dead in the water. Desmon White was something else. He wasn't quite Kyler Murray but he was a dude. 5'7 140 pounds on a good day but the biggest heart on the field. DeSoto blew a 35-20 lead with 8 minutes left in the 4th. That was the only game I ever felt Allen should had lost during the Murray era.

Allen's defense was trash.