Live from Bishop Sycamore

GardenStateBaller

TCAL is populated with schools you've never heard of, and never will hear of.  Most of them are vey small Mom and Pop privates, or Charter schools.  Some only offer sports like basketball and volleyball.  The majority play 6-man football, if football is even offered.  The TCAL only started playing 11-man football in 2012. Trinity Christian Cedar Hill is a member because no other league would have them.  I assume it's the same for The Bishop.  You're scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're desperate enough to be a member of the TCAL organization.

Here's a picture of the King's Academy team from Tyler, Tx...

P1030132-scaled.jpg

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

TCAL is populated with schools you've never heard of, and never will hear of.  Most of them are vey small Mom and Pop privates, or Charter schools.  Some only offer sports like basketball and volleyball.  The majority play 6-man football, if football is even offered.  The TCAL only started playing 11-man football in 2012. Trinity Christian Cedar Hill is a member because no other league would have them.  I assume it's the same for The Bishop.  You're scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're desperate enough to be a member of the TCAL organization.

P1030132-scaled.jpg

Im from East Texas not far from Tyler and I have never heard of these guys 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

Im from East Texas not far from Tyler and I have never heard of these guys 😂

There's a TCAL team right down the road from me, and I've never heard of them, either.  I'm not trying to make fun of the TCAL schools themselves, just the people who are propping them up as some kind of legitimate sports league.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Had a great visit this morning at BS in the Eaton section of Columbus, OH. Nice area. Got a tour from its Head Coach, RJ Johnson. RJ is originally from Queens, NY and played ball at John Glenn HS on Long Island. After walking on at Ohio State, his college football career was cut short due to injuries. We were also joined by Terry Dinkins, the team’s Strength & Conditioning Coach and Player Personnel Director. BS currently has 118 players enrolled in its program. They’ll be fielding Varsity and National teams in ‘21! The team is part of the Texas Christian Athletic League’s 6A-National Division. Visit t-cal.org to learn more about this NFHS-sanctioned league. On O, they’ll be running some spread, along with traditional I-formations. Their base D will be 4-3. 

The facilities are comprised of two buildings in Eaton. The first houses classroom space, three indoor practice fields and a weight room. The second is a dorm/cafeteria for the non-local players. The school offers both online and in-person classes. The online component is implemented by Accel, which is an NCAA-accredited online curriculum platform. 

PGL is a proud corporate partner of BS. Watch them vs Hoban on 8/19 on the PGL/Flo HSFB Channel. You’ll be glad you did! 

Where’s the beef? (Pictures)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yard Dart said:

P1030132-scaled.jpg

That NFHS endorsement is vital for any program’s long-term success.