Live from Bishop Sycamore

GardenStateBaller

16 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Had a great visit this morning at BS in the Eaton section of Columbus, OH. Nice area. Got a tour from its Head Coach, RJ Johnson, who's originally from Queens, NY and played ball at John Glenn HS on Long Island. After walking on at Ohio State, his college football career was cut short due to injuries. We were also joined by Terry Dinkins, the team’s Strength & Conditioning Coach and Player Personnel Director. BS currently has 118 players enrolled in its program. They’ll be fielding Varsity and National teams in ‘21! The team is part of the Texas Christian Athletic League’s 6A-National Division. Visit t-cal.org to learn more about this NFHS-sanctioned league. On O, they’ll be running some spread, along with traditional I-formations. Their base D will be 4-3. 

The facilities are comprised of two buildings in Eaton. The first houses classroom space, three indoor practice fields and a weight room. The second is a dorm/cafeteria for the non-local players. The school offers both online and in-person classes. The online component is implemented by Accel, which is an NCAA-accredited online curriculum platform. 

PGL is a proud corporate partner of BS. Watch them vs Hoban on 8/19 on the PGL/Flo HSFB Channel. You’ll be glad you did! 

One person is stupid enough to like this scam show......not a surprise on who it is. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Had a great visit this morning at BS in the Eaton section of Columbus, OH. Nice area. Got a tour from its Head Coach, RJ Johnson, who's originally from Queens, NY and played ball at John Glenn HS on Long Island. After walking on at Ohio State, his college football career was cut short due to injuries. We were also joined by Terry Dinkins, the team’s Strength & Conditioning Coach and Player Personnel Director. BS currently has 118 players enrolled in its program. They’ll be fielding Varsity and National teams in ‘21! The team is part of the Texas Christian Athletic League’s 6A-National Division. Visit t-cal.org to learn more about this NFHS-sanctioned league. On O, they’ll be running some spread, along with traditional I-formations. Their base D will be 4-3. 

The facilities are comprised of two buildings in Eaton. The first houses classroom space, three indoor practice fields and a weight room. The second is a dorm/cafeteria for the non-local players. The school offers both online and in-person classes. The online component is implemented by Accel, which is an NCAA-accredited online curriculum platform. 

PGL is a proud corporate partner of BS. Watch them vs Hoban on 8/19 on the PGL/Flo HSFB Channel. You’ll be glad you did! 

• Thanks 1

I don't understand why DeMatha is playing this team. They are not part of a church or anything and they take school in a indoor soccer facility? How does that work?  I don't see them ranked anywhere either. I assume they are like the Royalty thing from DC. I guess you take whatever games you can get if no one wants to play you. SMH

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 11:45 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Also, to learn more about their online curriculum platform, feel free to visit accelschools.com. 

This school doesn't seem to appear on Accel Schools list of schools. Bishop Sycamore correct?  Are you sure this is legit?

https://accelschools.com/schools/#wpgmza_marker_list_container_1

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

This school doesn't seem to appear on Accel Schools list of schools. Bishop Sycamore correct?  Are you sure this is legit?

https://accelschools.com/schools/#wpgmza_marker_list_container_1

That's their provider. I'm sure it'll be up by the start of the upcoming school year. As you can see from the list, ACCEL is very popular in OH. 

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That's their provider. I'm sure it'll be up by the start of the upcoming school year. As you can see from the list, ACCEL is very popular in OH. 

What curriculum did they use last year?

Are they not holding school classes now? 

What about the year before?

Seems like they'd be on the list of schools today if they've been using that curriculum for their existence. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2021 at 2:09 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Visit t-cal.org to learn more about its 6A National Division 

OK Their site is really lacking on information and updates but I have a few questions.  It appears the 6A National division is just basketball. Could just not be updated though, who knows.  Do the National teams play each other and is there a playoff? 

https://t-cal.org/fees/

ANNUAL Membership Registration Fee:                    One-time Registration Fee:

1A – $1250.00                                                                      1A – $250.00

2A – $1500.00                                                                      2A – $350.00

3A – $1750.00                                                                      3A – $500.00

4A – $2250.00                                                                      4A – $500.00

6A – $1250.00 (Basketball Only)                                        6A – $250.00 (Basketball Only)

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seems like they'd be on the list of schools today if they've been using that curriculum for their existence. 

Good questions. I think someone is getting fed a bowl of poop but that is just my assessment. I admit I am ignorant on the innerworkings and the whos' who of High School football and these club teams. College football is my interest. I do follow DeMatha and the other WCAC squads some being our current head coach recruits these schools very heavily. Too much in my opinion. Go Terps!

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2021 at 11:52 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

The TCAL currently has 58 teams in its conference. Are all 58 teams desperate, or are they the future of online education post-covid? I'd guess the latter. 

Bishop Sycamore in good company in the TCAL with fellow national powerhouses like (I promise this is the real name of the school, you can look it up) Smoking for Jesus Ministry Christian School.

• Haha 3

No one has actually seen a photo of this team doing anything as a team this off season, that I know of. That's odd really.

No 7/7, no scrimmages, no weightlifting....no anything really other than some of those guys popping up at camps around the nation.

My best guess is they bus or fly them in around game time...then send them home.

There is something not right about the whole deal..

1 minute ago, OldTerrapin said:

OK Their site is really lacking on information and updates but I have a few questions.  It appears the 6A National division is just basketball. Could just not be updated though, who knows.  Do the National teams play each other and is their a playoff? 

https://t-cal.org/fees/

ANNUAL Membership Registration Fee:                    One-time Registration Fee:

1A – $1250.00                                                                      1A – $250.00

2A – $1500.00                                                                      2A – $350.00

3A – $1750.00                                                                      3A – $500.00

4A – $2250.00                                                                      4A – $500.00

6A – $1250.00 (Basketball Only)                                        6A – $250.00 (Basketball Only)

BS doesn't field a basketabll team so it has to be football too. There's no playoffs as far as I know, but there are crossover games scheduled as TCCH played Cornerstone Christian in 2020. 

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

No one has actually seen a photo of this team doing anything as a team this off season, that I know of. That's odd really.

No 7/7, no scrimmages, no weightlifting....no anything really other than some of those guys popping up at camps around the nation.

My best guess is they bus or fly them in around game time...then send them home.

There is something not right about the whole deal..

We keep hearing they are a legit team and ALL the reasons they are a legit team...BUT, where's the TEAM? 😃

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

Bishop Sycamore in good company in the TCAL with fellow national powerhouses like (I promise this is the real name of the school, you can look it up) Smoking for Jesus Ministry Christian School.

Covid was a real bitch. Non-traditional (NFHS-sactioned) leagues like this are on the rise as the reality of online education grows and prospers. 

9 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

Good questions. I think someone is getting fed a bowl of poop but that is just my assessment. I admit I am ignorant on the innerworkings and the whos' who of High School football and these club teams. College football is my interest. I do follow DeMatha and the other WCAC squads some being our current head coach recruits these schools very heavily. Too much in my opinion. Go Terps!

Time will tell. Why don't you be my guest in Columbus on 10/1 when DeMatha visit BS? It'll be fun. 

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Time will tell. Why don't you be my guest in Columbus on 10/1 when DeMatha visit BS? It'll be fun. 

Why? Does Bishop Sycamore have any UMD recruits? Seriously, I have very little interest in this game or going to Ohio. Thanks for the offer though. I hope you have fun but I will be at Byrd (Cap One I hate that) on Oct. 1 watching my Terps pluck some Hawkeyes.

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Have no idea. I just started working with them this past February. All I can say is that the Power 5 schools are recruiting their players hard (Ryan Day from OSU especially) and that every recruit is academically sound from an NCAA Clearinghouse perspective. 

AND, because BS is NOT a legit team and is just some guys showing up to play they will lose every game they play by 30-50 points this year....just like last year.

2020 BS

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bishop-sycamore-centurions-(columbus,oh)/football-fall-20/schedule.htm

Eventually, this circus will tire of getting their heads bashed in every week.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Have no idea. I just started working with them this past February. All I can say is that the Power 5 schools are recruiting their players hard (Ryan Day from OSU especially) and that every recruit is academically sound from an NCAA Clearinghouse perspective. 

I heard some of their players already graduated high school?  How does that work?

• Thanks 1