Official 2021 Bishop Sycamore Centurions Commitment Thread

RedZone

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Very functional for what is needed at this time. None of the 118 players are complaining from what I can tell. 

But you can't tell because weren't there when the players were there so you didn't talk to any of them except a couple locals you said you saw.  Who is paying for the accommodations?

• Haha 1

Just now, OldTerrapin said:

But you can't tell because weren't there when the players were there so you didn't talk to any of them except a couple locals you said you saw.  Who is paying for the accommodations?

There are several philanthropists involved from the Columbus and Akron areas. Lex Wexner isn't the only rich guy in that region! 

9 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Rumor has it Danny Almonte is attempting to reclass and join the BS thing as well, hoping to bring a little Bronx hustle to the group. Sounds about right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Almonte

Lmfao!   Well done. Sports fans in our age bracket should know that name without Wiki.  

Other possible free agents: 

Al Bundy - RB ‘64 Polk High 

Kelly Leak - QB ‘82 Folsom Prison

Stefan Djordjevic - DB ‘80 Steel Mill

“Stef” is a steal… 5’5” cornerbacks are in high demand   

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Nope, in fact....... ALL your pictures you've ever posted here look like you are 2500 miles away.

No one is that bad at taking photos. NO ONE!

..if gardenball went to Malibu Beach, CA.......this would be his proof photo! There's never much life in his proof photos.

I'm HERE and having a wonderful visit!

81t9ukFUUWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There are several philanthropists involved from the Columbus and Akron areas.

Now philanthropists are involved in this? Folks hoping to make the world a better place by donating to a charitable cause that gives 20-somethings a high school mulligan so they can retry against kids much younger? I read on here that not only are a number of the Class of 2022 players actually members of the Class of 2020, but also that at least one player already attempted college and is returning to high school to see how he fares this time. And that the coaches may not be the most upstanding members of society (based on posted tweets from them about meeting up -- or having their kids meet up -- with those who question what they are doing, they don't seem to be the most congenial people), but you have mentioned that at least one of them is your boi, so not sure what to think. 

Did they try this once before, and have now tweaked that approach and are creating a more humanitarian cause that is better suited to the generosity of philantropists?

Philanthropists involved...please.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

"Supposed to" doesn't mean "did." As you're well aware, Covid was a real bitch for many. 

By the time covid hit he already had played his SR season in Fall 2019. I understand it was hard times but this kid will be 20 and possibly turn 21 during the season. If he doesn't have his diploma it wasn't because of covid. It would be because he didn't take care of his business in the classroom. No problem with kids that really missed there SR season but he got to play his. I hope it works out for him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Lmfao!   Well done. Sports fans in our age bracket should know that name without Wiki.  

Other possible free agents: 

Al Bundy - RB ‘64 Polk High 

Kelly Leak - QB ‘82 Folsom Prison

Stefan Djordjevic - DB ‘80 Steel Mill

“Stef” is a steal… 5’5” cornerbacks are in high demand   

I'm sure they would be welcome to bring the number of players on the roster to up over 120.

Another prospect they might reach out to would be this guy who staged his signing with the Cal Bears, duping everyone. Counts as a DI, FBS guy, right?

image.png.c16e28a0276b2f7dea1ff9f2fd4eca57.png

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

By the time covid hit he already had played his SR season in Fall 2019. I understand it was hard times but this kid will be 20 and possibly turn 21 during the season. If he doesn't have his diploma it wasn't because of covid. It would be because he didn't take care of his business in the classroom. No problem with kids that really missed there SR season but he got to play his. I hope it works out for him.

The only players who may have not have played their senior season in 2019 or 2020 because of covid would be the California and Maryland ones or they were academically or age ineligible. Pretty sure all the other states mentioned they played football in 2020. A friend of mine from Testudotimes.com that covers Terps recruiting also told me yesterday most the kids from the South, Georgia and Florida played their senior season and then left school to reclassify at USA or one of the other prep programs popping up down there

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Home-schooled and online-educated kids are people too. 

33 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Now philanthropists are involved in this? Folks hoping to make the world a better place by donating to a charitable cause that gives 20-somethings a high school mulligan so they can retry against kids much younger? I read on here that not only are a number of the Class of 2022 players actually members of the Class of 2020, but also that at least one player already attempted college and is returning to high school to see how he fares this time. And that the coaches may not be the most upstanding members of society (based on posted tweets from them about meeting up -- or having their kids meet up -- with those who question what they are doing, they don't seem to be the most congenial people), but you have mentioned that at least one of them is your boi, so not sure what to think. 

Did they try this once before, and have now tweaked that approach and are creating a more humanitarian cause that is better suited to the generosity of philantropists?

Philanthropists involved...please.

Assisting underprivileged, low-income youth is at the top of many philanthropic causes, both individual and corporate. BS and SFA are very similar in this respect. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Assisting underprivileged, low-income youth is at the top of many philanthropic causes, both individual and corporate.

No question.

But I don't believe you (again) when you imply that philantropists are donating to a cause that revolves around already-recruited football players getting a chance to play football in college.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

No question.

But I don't believe you (again) when you imply that philantropists are donating to a cause that revolves around already-recruited football players getting a chance to play football in college.

Fortunately and unfortunately, many big spenders with FU $$ don't do a deep dive in to minutia of such. They just donate the money knowing it's going to a great cause. Their subsidized trips to TX and NV are proof of this. 

32 minutes ago, RedZone said:

@Six_Savage6 got his first offer last month from NAU.....the North American Stallions.

No one at LSU knows who @Six_Savage6 is.

And here I thought I have heard about all the football playing universities. This is a new one on me. What division are they? I see they charge 1900 to play football so I guess the offer is waiving that fee?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, OldTerrapin said:

And here I thought I have heard about all the football playing universities. This is a new one on me. What division are they?

A free education is a free education! Regardless of college division. Congrats to him! Many more offers to come. I predict that 40+ players on this BS roster will go onto play college football. 

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

A free education is a free education! Regardless of college division. Congrats to him! Many more offers to come. I predict that 40+ players on this BS roster will go onto play college football. 

Right, you are just being stupid to be stupid on purpose now

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3