Another fun filled weekend in Chicago

rockinl

52 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

They don't come at different times. 

That would be one solution to the problem: make it easier for them to become citizens. 

+1

the simplest answers,

are the easiest...

Yet some,

make them the hardest...

🤷‍♂️

PS: You are definitely going to fail...

...that stupid contest with nut.  🤓

🤣

18 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

They won’t fuck with me…. Now, you on the other hand would be a different story once your lips start moving. 

bgw

You a betting man??

Chicago murders. 90.1% of victims were male. 75.3% of victims and 70.5% of offenders were African American, 18.9% were Hispanic (20.3% of offenders), and whites were 5.6% of victims (3.5% of offenders). Murder rates in Chicago vary greatly depending on the neighborhood in question.

3 hours ago, rockinl said:

You a betting man??

Chicago murders. 90.1% of victims were male. 75.3% of victims and 70.5% of offenders were African American, 18.9% were Hispanic (20.3% of offenders), and whites were 5.6% of victims (3.5% of offenders). Murder rates in Chicago vary greatly depending on the neighborhood in question.

Yep and half the total population of Black males are incarcerated. 

Systemic racism, kinda like Jim Crow is reinvented, huh?

bgw

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yep and half the total population of Black males are incarcerated. 

This is a number I’ve seen thrown about for years now, but rarely have I seen the data set to back it up.  

The most recent estimate I’ve seen is that the US has 2.3 million people incarcerated.  Of that, blacks represent approximately 34% or 782,00.  A 2020 number for black males in the US shows approximately 19,000,000.  I may not be a math major, but…..

Now, I’m certainly not contending that black males aren’t incarcerated at a rate inordinately high relative to other races, but 50% seems to be inaccurate.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Gee thanks, another White Fragility Ben Shapiro bot!

Well done. 

bgw

LMAO.  Maybe I can stop working so hard to produce data for my job and just throw numbers out that make it look like I’m kicking ass.  Hope nobody checks though, I might get fired (er cancelled🤪🤪🤪🤪)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, On2whls said:

LMAO.  Maybe I can stop working so hard to produce data for my job and just throw numbers out that make it look like I’m kicking ass.  Hope nobody checks though, I might get fired (er cancelled🤪🤪🤪🤪)

Haha….. thanks for data pull. 

The issue is more complicated, complex and warrants a deeper understanding. 

bgw

45 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

The most difficult to solve problems usually have multiple interconnected causes and contributing factors.   Someone has to be assigned to the problem and given adequate authority and resources to make progress.  Along the way tough decisions have to be made.  Not all decisions will seem acceptable to all parties and that’s where things stall out.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, On2whls said:

The most difficult to solve problems usually have multiple interconnected causes and contributing factors.   Someone has to be assigned to the problem and given adequate authority and resources to make progress.  Along the way tough decisions have to be made.  Not all decisions will seem acceptable to all parties and that’s where things stall out.  

Good post.  Reasonable people can come to reasonable solutions to difficult problems IF they agree that there is a problem and they all care about solving it...in sufficient numbers.  IMHO.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Haha….. thanks for data pull. 

bgw

Exactly....👍

People who think that this

is simply about skin color .....

...are severely lacking

in understanding.

🤓

PS: Couldn't have said it better. 🤣

15 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Unless tourists insist on dabbling in gang violence in 2-3 neighborhoods on the South Side then this isn't a real concern.

https://cwbchicago.com/2021/06/man-charged-with-shooting-tourist-killing-passerby-while-awol-on-gun-case-prosecutors-say.html

Womp Womp GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

19 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

But it's good to see

Are there creepy clown sightings in Murrieta, Temecula? – Press Enterprise

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

@Troll really thinks that one instance in one news article changes the facts on the ground in Chicago.

I guess if one passerby is shot in a place then we should stay away in fear.

So Troll will never travel anywhere ever again, I guess.

That's a horrible way...

...to admit

you were

WRONG...💩

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This routine that I do is really embarrassing. Or at least should be embarrassing to me.

PS: You better go call the Lottery...

...and tell them their business plan won't work 😝

On 8/2/2021 at 6:41 AM, Atticus Finch said:

Unless tourists insist on dabbling in gang violence in 2-3 neighborhoods on the South Side then this isn't a real concern.

But it's good to see that you've seemingly abandoned your idiotic take on gun laws.

Good thing its all on the South side.

Dumbass.

image.thumb.png.a8eb11821ff70441b52b33a32b17706d.png

• Haha 1

Like nearly every other major issue we struggle with, this is one where there are multiple contributing factors, yet people of the opposing tribes only want to talk about the one cause they've decided to care about.

Factor #1: There is an insane, perverse number of guns on the streets of America, and only nationwide laws figure to improve this situation. This factor is completely approved by Tribe Lefty, and completely forbidden by Tribe Righty. We're either to give it MAXIMUM importance, or NONE at all.

Factor #2: There are very bad ideas and attitudes permeating some groups-most notably poor urban people, which are disproportionately black or brown- which accept and even emphasize violence and gun violence, and without addressing these bad ideas and changing minds/values/habits, we can not improve the situation.  This factor is completely approved by Tribe Righty, and completely forbidden by Tribe Lefty. We're either to give it MAXIMUM importance, or NONE at all.

And so, we end up in a place where action on two crucial factors is absolutely essential, and yet nobody is willing to consider both at the same time. Generally, this same set of dynamics exists around nearly every partisan issue faced by the country today. It's no wonder we can't solve any of our problems.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I went to the same website and zoomed in on downtown Chicago and other tourist areas around Grant Park and Wacker Dr.

Practically nothing.

"PRACTICALLY NOTHING"

actually means ...

"SOMETHING" 🤓

as in...

"YOU WIN THE LOTTERY !!!" 🥳🥳🥳

PS: So nice you quickly found, and now realize...

...where you were 100% WRONG

BTW: Good thing you didn't have to search so hard, 👍

...but next time try and find your own source material, when others have to give it to you, it's really like failing twice in one shot 👌

15 hours ago, badrouter said:

Factor #2: There are very bad ideas and attitudes permeating some groups-most notably poor urban people, which are disproportionately black or brown- which accept and even emphasize violence and gun violence, and without addressing these bad ideas and changing minds/values/habits, we can not improve the situation.  This factor is completely approved by Tribe Righty, and completely forbidden by Tribe Lefty. We're either to give it MAXIMUM importance, or NONE at all.

This is just nonsense which has become common for you.

Somehow you believe that changing attitudes about gun violence in urban areas is "completely forbidden" on the left.

This is despite the fact that the people who *might* actually lean that way keep losing Democratic primaries.

Conversely, the people who *definitely* embody the former position never lose Republican ones.

• Thanks 1