One reason for Atlanta transfers

Wildcat Will

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The Tua family did the same thing.

I literally don't have a problem with folks doing it like that. Hell, I took into consideration the success of elementary schools in Colquitt County before deciding what part of the county to live in back when I moved back here. It only makes sense that folks moving from one state to the next do that as well. 

People that try to conflate that type of transfer with say a Kurt Taylor at Grayson or Jake Garcia transfer are either pushing an agenda or being intentionally obtuse.

21 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hell, I took into consideration the success of elementary schools in Colquitt County before deciding what part of the county to live in back when I moved back here.

Please don't say you reclassed back to elementary school, please.

But if you did, was it worth it? Did you kick ass, and get plenty?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I literally don't have a problem with folks doing it like that. Hell, I took into consideration the success of elementary schools in Colquitt County before deciding what part of the county to live in back when I moved back here. It only makes sense that folks moving from one state to the next do that as well. 

People that try to conflate that type of transfer with say a Kurt Taylor at Grayson or Jake Garcia transfer are either pushing an agenda or being intentionally obtuse.

The Tua family wanted a guaranteed from for Tua jr to start. Hoover Colquitt and Madison academy told him he would need to earn. That's how he ended up at Thompson.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Oh but they were. Covid killed their season so they immediately started looking for where to go. 

I don't think Rush calls them up and says hey folks come over here we'll fudge some paperwork. I think they call first. I think they look at the rules and concoct their own scheme... Rush may have known, probably even did, but, I imagine they were the instigators and Rush played dumb and looked the other way. 

😂 I forgot. Everywhere. Every time. Without fail. 

This place is very ventesque at times.......

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ga96 said:

The thing about it you have kids from that bunch going to only a handful of teams and in the case of grayson they steal kids from multiple states.

Oh heck yea!  You should see the frequent flyer miles I've racked up.  The TSA got excited once about the amount of cash in the briefcase so that was exciting!  Did you know you can mail a package to a post office for local pickup?  A touch risky but not as bad as messing with the TSA.  Those boys don't have a sense of humor at all!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

A football decison is a football decison. I envy them regardless. I hope to be a southerner soon, myself. 

You may move here but you won't be a southerner.  That doesn't mean we won't accept you though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The sad thing is that because one parent gamed the system then everyone automatically assumes all others are the same.

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Someone tell GSB ur not southern once you past Jacksonville, Then Your South FloRidian

If he's going to S Florida he becomes something but Southern isn't it.  A snowbird that got lost or maybe something else.

I'm curious about these power NJ privates.  Do they only take students only from what would be a reasonable serving area or is it all comers welcome?  If the later, I find it interesting that GoodBoy and GSB give schools that accept transfers grief, especially GoodBoy.  After all, aren't their favorite schools essentially made up of all transfers?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That's a lie no way in hell you looked at the packass educational system and thought "hey that's the place to go " 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

That's a lie no way in hell you looked at the packass educational system and thought "hey that's the place to go " 

I was moving back to Moultrie regardless. My choices with a preschooler son were between different attendance zones in the county. That definitely played a role in where at I landed in this county. 

8 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Yea me too. Dude has more smoke around him for the past 20 years than PigPens dust could but people from his schools will tell ya, “Wunt him.” 

BE1B55DE-DD4B-4E57-AC66-55A2955EB184.jpeg

That doesn't mean that every kid that played for him was recruited. It doesn't even mean all the transfers were. 

You tend to pass blanket claims that they're all recruited or somehow dirty. 

I understand the sentiment of smoke and fire. You're right. If there's smoke, there's some fire in there somewhere. It stands to reason that after all this time, with so much smoke, if he was truly that dirty, he'd have been caught up in something before though. I mean if every transfer was some cheat somehow, no way its a secret for so long. 

I'm sure he's gotten away with some stuff too though. That logic isn't leading leading me to come to the conclusion every transfer he got was recruited or otherwise dirty.

32 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So the original excuse on the topic for mass Atlanta area transfers is high schools are close in proximity?

That’s why players abandon their friends and teammates in pursuit of an all star stacked title? Because the all star team is close? 

Ease. The reason is how easy it is. The schools being in close proximity along with the mindset of some of the coaches and ads up there. 

Much more difficult to illegally transfer in the rural areas due to distance between the schools. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Bruh......do you think anybody has ever looked at the education in your county and said “That’s high level shit,there! We need to move to Lowends county and get the kids into lowends or valdosta for HS! Pronto!” 

I can’t. 😂 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ease. The reason is how easy it is. The schools being in close proximity along with the mindset of some of the coaches and ads up there. 

Much more difficult to illegally transfer in the rural areas due to distance between the schools. 

If you are serious about legally attracting top talent then you need to build an apartment complex in the county limits and figure out a way to let the studs parents “win” a free year of rent 😂

Either that or offer the parents a made up job for a one year contract that may or may not be renewed depending on the said parents ability to provide a younger sibling waiting in the wings. Lol