Winning State Championships Will Always Be #1.

RedZone

10 hours ago, RedZone said:

Everything else is just a pile of smoking bullshit.

All these renegade schools and fake schools that are popping up will never know what that's about. Their seasons will be over in 2 1/2 months, some sooner. Basically 9 months of excess bullshit and 3 months of football.

There is nothing that matches the intensity and thrills of the High School football playoffs. 

Let's never forget that.

If national relevance is bullshit  then I’ll repeat what I said to Rab. Why are you on this forum? You should go park yourself on the “Lose”iana board and leave the national board to the big boys. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

ESPN/Paragon pay for a lot of the big time matchups (or some other sponsor).

A one-time, fully paid game is pretty easy to justify. A home-and-home with one game paid for and the second not is not justifiable.

People are just getting tired of you being a whiny little bitch who offers no arguments for anything. You, frankly, know so little about the business of high school football that your thoughts on it are meaningless.

Why would they not pay for BOTH games if both teams are usually pretty good

most teams who play OOS games are usually always pretty good

Just now, chalmetteowl said:

Why would they not pay for BOTH games if both teams are usually pretty good

There might not be a second game for a variety of reasons.

A comic book writer named Dallas Jackson mocked me for criticizing the Allen-Hoover deal for the same reason. "They're always good!"

First, that's not true.

And, two, you don't know that second game will be attractive to TV or even if the teams will be any good.

These are not difficult things to understand.

18 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

ESPN/Paragon pay for a lot of the big time matchups (or some other sponsor).

A one-time, fully paid game is pretty easy to justify. A home-and-home with one game paid for and the second not is not justifiable.

People are just getting tired of you being a whiny little bitch who offers no arguments for anything. You, frankly, know so little about the business of high school football that your thoughts on it are meaningless.

a home/home makes perfect sense and as usual you offer nothing to prove otherwise........just a bunch of worthless babble.

What people are tired of is you playing Spock on every issue known to man when you are clearly NOT Spock material....not even close!

Know what I'm telling you?

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

a home/home makes perfect sense and as usual you offer nothing to prove otherwise........just a bunch of worthless babble.

It doesn't and you just don't understand the business of the game which is why you say silly things. I explained why they don't make sense. You don't have to believe it if you don't want (and you definitely don't want to).

Home-and-home OOS games are stupid which is why they rarely happen.

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What people are tired of is you playing Spock on every issue known to man when you are clearly NOT Spock material....not even close!

You never, ever have a counter-argument for anything I say.

So it seems odd that you would be so strongly opposed yet provide no support whatsoever.

I think we all know why.

The real reason there's not more home/homes in high school football is pretty simple and basic. Kids even understand it.

High Schools schedule "bigly" when they have talent, but these egotistical coaches nowadays don't want to be "locked" into a next year when all the talent has dried up and graduated. "One Hit Wonder Scheduling"

It's not rocket science.

Don't be mislead by a bunch of pure bullshit.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Allen refused a return game.  Thompson the best team in the state right now will not play out of state and only a few times in the teams 90 year history has traveled over 2 hours away. 

I dont really have a problem with teams not playing OOS. It's ok to do it if that's what they want, but high school football is becoming too whored out. Privates, open enrollments, football factories disguised as academic academies. Call me old fashioned, but I still like the hometown crowd with the hometown boys on the field playing traditional rivals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

The real reason there's not more home/homes in high school football is pretty simple and basic. Kids even understand it.

High Schools schedule "bigly" when they have talent, but these egotistical coaches nowadays don't want to be "locked" into a next year when all the talent has dried up and graduated. "One Hit Wonder Scheduling"

It's not rocket science.

A lot of states aren’t on the same scheduling cycle as others… Louisiana changed their cycle this year by putting off their reclassification process due to COVID.

99% percent of in state regular season games are home and home or two straight years at one school.

13 hours ago, RedZone said:

All these renegade schools and fake schools that are popping up will never know what that's about. Their seasons will be over in 2 1/2 months, some sooner. Basically 9 months of excess bullshit and 3 months of football.

There is nothing that matches the intensity and thrills of the High School football playoffs. 

Let's never forget that.

You only say that because nobody in Looousianer has won one in high school, since Moses was in pampers.

56 minutes ago, chalmetteowl said:

A lot of states aren’t on the same scheduling cycle as others… Louisiana changed their cycle this year by putting off their reclassification process due to COVID.

99% percent of in state regular season games are home and home or two straight years at one school.

IF you have a PROGRAM, the talent rarely dries up! You may have a mediocre season from time to time, like Colquitt had in 2016 with a 10-3 record! But generally speaking, programs reload!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RedZone said:

Let's never forget that.

When you say smoking bullshit! Do you conduct spot checks!

10 hours ago, RedZone said:

It's not rocket science.

That might be a reason for some schools but that's the minority.

Even so, that's a good reason and supports my position that the second half of those home-and-home deals would suck and are unnecessary.

You can't guarantee good matchups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

That might be a reason for some schools but that's the minority.

Even so, that's a good reason and supports my position that the second half of those home-and-home deals would suck and are unnecessary.

You can't guarantee good matchups.

No one can guarantee good matchups playing just one game no matter the talent.

Most of your elite teams won't home/home because they don't know how good their transfer season will be and etc. Need the cards to play attitude.

If they have a great transfer season then its back on the road again. Reminds me of a song.

It shouldn't be so much about wins, losses, egos, and talent. It should be more about "names" playing a home/home series. The ones that travel every year especially.

...home/home's would also make scheduling so much easier. 

On 7/31/2021 at 5:40 AM, RedZone said:

Let's never forget that.

The only people disagreeing are those who are irrelevant and/or undistinguished without national games. We've never had-and never will have- a legitimate national championship at this level. So, there's no sense in deciding to make such a championship a goal.

16 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

But a game that can reasonably be reached by bus shouldn't factor into this.

What we mean by big time OOS games are those where a team has to get on a plane.

STA vs Lowndes would be considered a big time OOS game if we took a lot of ranking services into account and neither team needs to fly to make that happen 

It just depends on the matchup and in some cases teams could have a big OOS game that is just across the border 

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Catholic-BR and Good Counsel, MD is a home/home. It can be done and that's one less game both don't have to worry about scheduling next year in the age of madman scheduling.

You sure it’s a home and home???? I would think it’s a one-off for just this year because we’re starting a new schedule cycle next year. 

so ‘21- in Maryland 

‘22- in Louisiana?????

’23- ?????