2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)

dntn31

• dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-10-04)
1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Fyi, on the Massey link in dntn's comp poll, click high school football link, followed by clicking on schedule and then you can choose games and adjust the list of rated games under the subject "Header".  

From the ratings page, you can also click directly on the subject "Header" landing... and this will take you to a state schedule only (also click on standings to adjust the list of rated games to your choosing).

It's a nice tool to see both national and in-state games of rated teams and take note of the marquee games on a weekly basis.  

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Especially as weak as 7A in Georgia, this poll doesn’t seem right…at all. 

Probably explains the proliferation of polls in general. 

If USAT is more palatable right now, then   It’s time to relook at it. 

bgw

This entire comp poll is just flawed from the start.

I never really looked at it that closely or paid much attention to it.

18 minutes ago, RedZone said:

This entire comp poll is just flawed from the start.

I never really looked at it that closely or paid much attention to it.

My first thought looking at the comp poll this am is what happened to Prep Nation?   Jaime DeMoney imo put out the best product of the national polls… “Show Me DeMoney”!  :) 

Hope he’s OK.  He’s had a solid run.  

19 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

My first thought looking at the comp poll this am is what happened to Prep Nation?   Jaime DeMoney imo put out the best product of the national polls… “Show Me DeMoney”!  :) 

Hope he’s OK.  He’s had a solid run.  

......first poll was in 1996.

He made a test tweet Aug of this year, I believe, but he has been quiet for almost 2 years now.

Another tidbit about an algorithm… especially for the Cali fans.  Freeman has set up a nice summary of the Cali teams by clicking on the team name in the ratings screen.   Too bad CalPreps doesn’t have that setup for the other states, but the trend prompt is cool to review.  

I just looked at Corona Centennials’s trend page.  That folks is what a strong looking team looks like on CalPreps and seems their D isn’t playing too shabby too, along with their historically potent offense.  
Jeff Fisher’s poll (HSFBA) doesn’t have CC rated in his top 💯 🤡 
That’s asinine.  
Edit:  top 25 for Comp poll.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Yea my bad.  I saw the NR in the comp poll and mistakenly put 100 vs 25.  Only top 25’s get points for the comp poll I just realized in looking at the setup.  

Can’t rip Fisher over 5 spots, but still looks odd having CC with a NR listed, especially when you see his top 25. I’m sure once they beat Norco, Fisher’s system will boost/invite them into the big boy fiesta.   

On 10/6/2021 at 2:09 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Jeff Fisher’s poll (HSFBA) doesn’t have CC rated in his top 💯 🤡 
That’s asinine.  
Edit:  top 25 for Comp poll.  

Wow! That’s ridiculous! Cen10 is somewhere between #8-12 in mine. 
I agree that PrepNation has been the best poll out there. I hope he’s okay. Stunning to say, but I think USAToday actually has the best poll out right now. Never thought I would say that! 🤣

• dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-10-11)

Comp Poll: Updated 2021-10-18

Interesting note: USAToday currently has all top 25 teams of the comp poll in their own top 25 (however, not in the same order). I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first time this has happened. They are also the last to release their rankings each week... which begs the question as to whether or not they are influenced by the other rankings providers or even this very compilation poll. Perhaps Tyler Calvaruso lurks here or perhaps it's just a coincidence? 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-10-25)
  • dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)
  • dntn31 unpinned this topic