2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)

dntn31

HawgGoneIt
This post was recognized by HawgGoneIt!

"Definitely some of the best content on the board."

dntn31 was awarded the badge 'Superstar' and 500 points.

Comp Poll: Updated 2021-08-23

I was waiting to see if PrepForce, PrepNation or USAToday would publish anything this week, but there's been nothing.

I've been considering adding SBLive to the comp poll. Let me know what you guys think.

• Thanks 6

• dntn31 pinned this topic
8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Thx. I love this poll! 

I love this poll too.  Actually have no complaints except that HSFBA is a douche poll.

*Note where Collins Hill is @whiteshoes  You just can't randomly plug in #1 in Ga into the top 20 just because team x is #1 in Ga.   You have to do better.  Your downfall is ranking the states and then botching the insertion among national teams.  

Pro tip:  Rank the Top 25 regardless of state first, then state rank the rest of the teams and input them in.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't rank teams based on "emotion" or "love".  Just reality.  Ga is down this year comparatively.  I think you know that as well.

I think that's a little misconception. Some of the normal GA powers might be down but some other GA teams aren't getting the national love they deserve. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

I think that's a little misconception. Some of the normal GA powers might be down but some other GA teams aren't getting the national love they deserve. 

Teams don't just pop up from oblivion and become "National" level teams in 1 year.  National teams are programs that have repeatable formulas year in and year out. 

Buford is a good Ga team, but not a National level team.  FWIW Buford would not be Top 10 in Calif.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Teams don't just pop up from oblivion and become "National" level teams in 1 year.  National teams are programs that have repeatable formulas year in and year out. 

Buford is a good Ga team, but not a National level team.  FWIW Buford would not be Top 10 in Calif.

Buford lost to DFB just a few years ago. Trending up, but not nationally-relevant yet.

Blowout wins this season vs Myers Park NC and Chaminade-Madonna FL will help their cause in this respect. 

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Actually that's kind of exactly what Collins Hill did. They were a middle of the road program for years and now they're a top 25 program in the country. It helps when you have one of the most talented HS players we've seen the last 20 years and top 10 level QB on your team lol. 15 years ago Manatee (FL) rose to #1 in the country after having a losing record two years prior. Teams rise and fall all of the time.

1 minute ago, fishspinners said:

Actually that's kind of exactly what Collins Hill did. They were a middle of the road program for years and now they're a top 25 program in the country. It helps when you have one of the most talented HS players we've seen the last 20 years and top 10 level QB on your team lol. 15 years ago Manatee (FL) rose to #1 in the country after having a losing record two years prior. Teams rise and fall all of the time.

CH is not nationally-relevant. Nobody heard of them before 2020. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That my friend is the #PowerOfPGL 

Note: PGL has CH playing a top Mississippi team next weekend. #babysteps 

If you wanted IMG to have an ESPN game why not push them to air Jones or Edgewater playing them 

At least those 2 teams can score against IMG 

Or better yet push for the SFA vs IMG game 

That game will actually force IMG to not play half ass to walk away with a win like they will probably do against BS in route to a 50+ point win 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

You won't get away with blowing smoke up posters @sses on the National board. 

In 2019 #461 Collins hill was ranked #30 in Ga.  11 spots below Milton who lost to a 4th place in their league team.

In 2019 Collins Hill best win was against a team ranked #1268 Nationally.   This is not a national level program

30 Collins Hill (Suwanee, GA)   team preview   trend Georgia AAAAAAA Region 6 AAAAAAA 6-5 4-2 (3rd) 6-5 43 38.5 78-54
WINS: #1268 Mountain View (Lawrenceville, GA) (27-0), #1430 Walton [George] (Marietta, GA) (12-10), #2437 Brookwood (Snellville, GA) (28-12), #3391 Peachtree Ridge (Suwanee, GA) (35-0), #4263 Discovery (Lawrenceville, GA) (42-0), #7709 Duluth (GA) (60-12), LOSSES: #10 Marietta (GA) (28-9), #41 North Gwinnett (Suwanee, GA) (23-8), #100 McEachern (Powder Springs, GA) (30-14), #151 Mill Creek (Hoschton, GA) (24-7), #185 Archer (Lawrenceville, GA) (31-28)
  • Thanks 2

• dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)
  • dntn31 unpinned this topic