2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)

dntn31

37 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MLK was ranked #1027 in 2020. By no means does scheduling them make CG nationally-relevant. 

CG? And this is 2021 now. King is which is usually never short on talent, is rolling out a 5 star QB along with a handful of other D1 bound kids. Now, I'm not banging the drumb calling for King to be a top 25 here. But there's certainly not more than a 1,000 teams better than them in 2021.

1 minute ago, fishspinners said:

CG? And this is 2021 now. King is which is usually never short on talent, is rolling out a 5 star QB along with a handful of other D1 bound kids. Now, I'm not banging the drumb calling for King to be a top 25 here. But there's certainly not more than a 1,000 teams better than them in 2021.

If CG would beat a team like X or PC, I'd be sold. Hell, Trinity* even lost to Carmel IN last week. Who knows how good a team they'll be this season? 

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If CG would beat a team like X or PC, I'd be sold. Hell, Trinity* even lost to Carmel IN last week. Who knows how good a team they'll be this season? 

Carmel is the team I've been talking about this whole time. Not sure why you keep bringing CG into this. Yes Carmel beat Trinity last week and they play King this week. Carmel is the 3rd best team in Indiana.

37 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What happened to cocoa? Haven’t heard much from them in the last few years 

School board happened. They seem to restrict some teams more than others. Have a feeling one of the reasons Wilks left. Schneider seems like a good replacement. Just a tough classification in the final 4.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

Carmel is the team I've been talking about this whole time. Not sure why you keep bringing CG into this. Yes Carmel beat Trinity last week and they play King this week. Carmel is the 3rd best team in Indiana.

The #1 teams in bad HSFB states like UT, IN, MI, etc. should never be in the T25. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

St. EDWARDS?

Was suppose to play our Ryder cup that day but called off because of rain and 50+ mile hour winds. I said to myself what can I do now? Well dressed in my golf wet suit I went to the game.

The weather was so bad that the Cocoa band went to the bus to dry off after playing at halftime 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The #1 teams in bad HSFB states like UT, IN, MI, etc. should never be in the T25. 

Utah maybe. But Indiana and Michigan produce plenty of good football. I'm not sure how you evaluate talent or teams, but if you don't think a team like Center Grove is a top 25 HSFB team, then you're doing it wrong. I understand that today you need to have a stacked schedule in-state and OOS to have any chance at a "Mythical Natty".  But to think teams that don't schedule multiple OOS are just not relevant is naive. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

Utah maybe. But Indiana and Michigan produce plenty of good football. I'm not sure how you evaluate talent or teams, but if you don't think a team like Center Grove is a top 25 HSFB team, then you're doing it wrong. I understand that today you need to have a stacked schedule in-state and OOS to have any chance at a "Mythical Natty".  But to think teams that don't schedule multiple OOS are just not relevant is naive. 

Like I posted, if the top IN publics would start scheduling and beating other top teams from the Midwest, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Heck, I'd settle for the top IN publics playing the top IN privates for starters. 

3 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

You miss that he has an agenda. A couple of agendas actually. 

He wants to pit the ridiculously annually stacked private schools against public schools in some weird effort to prove that power privates are elite and power publics can't much be. 

He also has a match maker business. If teams don't work with his site in setting up games, he won't have much good to say about them while slathering praise on terrible teams like that Bishop Sycamore garbage this season. 

Once you understand the angles, most of his stuff makes more sense. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Like I posted, if the top IN publics would start scheduling and beating other top teams from the Midwest, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Heck, I'd settle for the top IN publics playing the top IN privates for starters. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

You miss that he has an agenda. A couple of agendas actually. 

He wants to pit the ridiculously annually stacked private schools against public schools in some weird effort to prove that power privates are elite and power publics can't much be. 

He also has a match maker business. If teams don't work with his site in setting up games, he won't have much good to say about them while slathering praise on terrible teams like that Bishop Sycamore garbage this season. 

Once you understand the angles, most of his stuff makes more sense. 

👀 see what I mean

His timing was impeccable. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

Ben Davis along with Indy Cath had good squads last year. Maybe Center Grove this year.

Michigan to date nothing to really talk about maybe a team cracking the top 100.

Warren Central used to have some players but more undisciplined as a team. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I don't think you follow Indiana HSFB. Cathedral is the top private school in state and they play CG every year.

4 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Ben Davis along with Indy Cath had good squads last year. Maybe Center Grove this year.

Michigan to date nothing to really talk about maybe a team cracking the top 100.

Warren Central used to have some players but more undisciplined as a team. 

Center Grove, Carmel, and Indy Cathedral have been the top three in Indiana for about five years now. A couple of other teams like New Pal and Westfield have had good runs, but those top three have been the standard. Warren Central had the best run in Indiana large class history around ten years ago. But they haven't been on that level in awhile. 

Just now, fishspinners said:

Center Grove, Carmel, and Indy Cathedral have been the top three in Indiana for about five years now. A couple of other teams like New Pal and Westfield have had good runs, but those top three have been the standard. Warren Central had the best run in Indiana large class history around ten years ago. But they haven't been on that level in awhile. 

Warren Central played the GCL teams about 5 years ago with some ugly endings

understand their coach went to IMG I believe 

hey I’m backing you up a bit but okay

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

WC was #33 in 2018 & #41 in 2016 😀

• dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)
  • dntn31 unpinned this topic