2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)

dntn31

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Good to know. I was only referencing the three IN power pubs: CG, Carmel, WC. 

The Indiana traveling rule hurts them from competing against OOS games other than Ohio , Illinois & Michigan

so not always a fair comparison but you know this while others forget or don’t know 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Was suppose to play our Ryder cup that day but called off because of rain and 50+ mile hour winds. I said to myself what can I do now? Well dressed in my golf wet suit I went to the game.

The weather was so bad that the Cocoa band went to the bus to dry off after playing at halftime 😂

I'll never forget your RB, the kid was unstoppable that game. The rain and wind made it a running game early and he was lightning in a bottle.

3 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'll never forget your RB, the kid was unstoppable that game. The rain and wind made it a running game early and he was lightning in a bottle.

Cole Gest went to Indiana and played some but got hurt then transferred to Youngstown state 3 or 4th year

i was most impressed with Chauncey Gardner best player that day on the field and I said he would play in the NFL some day

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Cole Gest went to Indiana and played some but got hurt then transferred to Youngstown state 3 or 4th year

i was most impressed with Chauncey Gardner best player that day on the field and I said he would play in the NFL some day

I did keep tabs on Gest and saw he was injured. Didn't know he transferred out and was still playing.

I had the pleasure of watching Gardener play from freshman and on. He is a special player with tons of spirit. Him and Dean were scary good.

23 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Teams don't just pop up from oblivion and become "National" level teams in 1 year.  National teams are programs that have repeatable formulas year in and year out. 

Buford is a good Ga team, but not a National level team.  FWIW Buford would not be Top 10 in Calif.

You don’t know that. 

bgw

• Haha 2

On 8/26/2021 at 1:34 PM, fishspinners said:

Now, here in the present day, where they're coming off a state runner-up finish, they are a top 25 team in the country.

A 3-loss team in 2020 who's only result so far this year a is 36-10 win over a team that will be borderline top 500.

A 26-point win is good but it's not even a running clock against merely an OK team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Manatee rose to #1 in 2012 (9 years ago) and two years prior to that they were 13-1.

Other than that completely inaccurate claim, bang-up job!

Sorry, I didn't go back and look it up like you did. It felt like 15 years ago. And their losing record was actually eight years prior to being ranked #1. So that wasn't even close either lol. Stuff tends to blend together when you get old. 

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Collins Hill is now a top 25 program in the country after accomplishing precisely nothing.

Last year they won their first playoff game since 2015.

Gotta love this board.

My God. It's year to year! Who cares what they did last year or in 2015 or 1987? We are talking about being ranked in the here and now. 

15 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

My God. It's year to year! Who cares what they did last year or in 2015 or 1987? We are talking about being ranked in the here and now. 

They lost 3 times last year, got blown out in the state championship and their only win this year was by 26 over an OK team.

Somehow you're incredulous as to why people aren't crowning this team.

They problem is with you. Not us.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

They lost 3 times last year, got blown out in the state championship and their only win this year was by 26 over an OK team.

Somehow you're incredulous as to why people aren't crowning this team.

They problem is with you. Not us.

Last year. Last year. Last year. How many of those kids from last year's Grayson team moved on vs how many of those Collins Hill kids came back? We say what happened to Grayson last week.

Look I get it. This isn't my first time being a new guy on a forum. I know how it works. New guy gets no love while the vets disregard what the new guy says until they finally realize the new guy kinda knows what he's talking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

How’s that Sammy, Ned tell you?

bgw

Outside of possibly Rome, no Ga team has been promoted as "good" with less actual accomplishments than Buford.

2020 best win # 86 Lee County  - lost to #301 North Cobb

2019 best win #186 WR - lost to #1081 Clarke Central

2018 best win #1147 Kell - lost to #172

2017 Best win #256

I'm sure people in Ga think highly of Buford and that they also have a loyal fan base, but they are barely Tier 6 (if that) on a National scope.

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Outside of possibly Rome, no Ga team has been promoted as "good" with less actual accomplishments than Buford.

2020 best win # 86 Lee County  - lost to #301 North Cobb

2019 best win #186 WR - lost to #1081 Clarke Central

2018 best win #1147 Kell - lost to #172

2017 Best win #256

I'm sure people in Ga think highly of Buford and that they also have a loyal fan base, but they are barely Tier 6 (if that) on a National scope.

Buford had been around Sammy, and are recognized for it. Just those in the know. Some in the know recognize this. 
Try to leave your big state of SJB/MD lack of parity “bubble”.

In another vein Buford is All Galaxy in power five commits, no one is even close. 

bgw

• dntn31 changed the title to 2021 Comp Poll (Updated 2021-12-27)
  • dntn31 unpinned this topic