Georgia vs California need at least 2 annual matchups

Ga96

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'd trust a program like Buford, Lee when they're on their top side of the cylinder, Colquitt when they're on their top side of the cylinder. 

The thing is. You have to be in tune enough with where these public schools are in their talent cycle to know which one to put forward any given year. 

For instance, this ain't the year that I'd want Colquitt to carry the flag even though I know they have the heart and swagger. Maybe next year or the year after, most likely the year after. 

Buford is generally solid every year, but, like everyone else, they have cycles too. 

Look for brand name programs that are returning a lot of seniors that started as juniors and sophomores. 

We probably still can't beat an MD, but, I feel like it could be respectable showings. 

As much as I wish, going to have to respectfully disagree. Down year in Georgia. Kinda like Florida a few years ago when it was w jump ball all season.

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Say what you want Buford is the definition of consistency.... 

Their definition of a bad year is 13-1 losing in the Semi-finals.... 

However, they arent playing the top tier competition in these runs. 

Colquitt would win Georgia 2A through 4A every year. Understand?

• Like 2

Just now, Wildcat Will said:

Where are the kids from these all world hsfb teams out of Cali going to college?

I know where Georgia's best end up. They end up wherever the championship is being played.

Until this changes, you can claim any score you like.

Southern California HS QB’s are starting for Alabama, Ohio state, Clemson, Georgia, and Ole miss. 

5 of 6 Heisman front runners are from Southern California. All 6 from the west. Rattler is from Phoenix AZ.

6D952758-6BB1-415D-A5E9-FF123B7C1DA2.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, JCGIII said:

As much as I wish, going to have to respectfully disagree. Down year in Georgia. Kinda like Florida a few years ago when it was w jump ball all season.

I'm not talking about this year. The thread was intent on a couple of Georgia vs. Cali matchups each year. I'm giving examples of how to match make for the future.

This year, I wouldn't trust any team. Maybe Collins Hill but, I dont think they're loaded enough. I do think they're the best team in the state at the moment though. 

I can't make a match up for this year, the schedules are already being played. 

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Well they did play North Cobb who started out #3 in the state... 

And they made them look pedestrian.... 

Do you trust North Cobb to be a top team in the state year in and out? 

I dont. They're the flavor of the day up there this season without the necessary coaching or staying power. 

I see that game as an outlier. Just because NC beat Milton doesn't suddenly elevate them to the top team in 7A. Milton was probably never the top team in 7A no matter how bad Mr. Matchmaker wanted them to be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Do you trust North Cobb to be a top team in the state year in and out? 

I dont. They're the flavor of the day up there this season without the necessary coaching or staying power. 

I see that game as an outlier. Just because NC beat Milton doesn't suddenly elevate them to the top team in 7A. Milton was probably never the top team in 7A no matter how bad Mr. Matchmaker wanted them to be. 

Me and @Sweetlarry where talking about this last week... 

North Cobb hasnt been past the 2nd RD in God knows how long.... 

they also have a history of hitting the wall in big momemts.... 

theyre catching hype because of the the transfers. And don't get me wrong NC has some Great players and always has that has never been the problem... 

But they have never been able to get the job done... 

EVER

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Me and @Sweetlarry where talking about this last week... 

North Cobb hasnt been past the 2nd RD in God knows how long.... 

they also have a history of hitting the wall in big momemts.... 

theyre catching hype because of the the transfers. And don't get me wrong NC has some Great players and always has that has never been the problem... 

But they have never been able to get the job done... 

EVER

So how is them being made to look pedestrian by Buford a big ol feather in Buford's hat then? 

I dont think it is personally. It was a good win by Buford over an untrustworthy top class program. Lol

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So how is them being made to look pedestrian by Buford a big ol feather in Buford's hat then? 

I dont think it is personally. It was a good win by Buford over an untrustworthy top class program. Lol

Well Next Week they play 5A North Carolina Power Myers Park... 

And after last night... 

Idk about that one... 

51 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm not talking about this year. The thread was intent on a couple of Georgia vs. Cali matchups each year. I'm giving examples of how to match make for the future.

This year, I wouldn't trust any team. Maybe Collins Hill but, I dont think they're loaded enough. I do think they're the best team in the state at the moment though. 

I can't make a match up for this year, the schedules are already being played. 

Collins Hill doesn’t  have a single lineman on either side of the ball with Power-5 conferences.

Just went through Georgia’s top 125, and CH doesn’t have a single lineman on either side of the ball with even a two star rating. 

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Southern California HS QB’s are starting for Alabama, Ohio state, Clemson, Georgia, and Ole miss. 

5 of 6 Heisman front runners are from Southern California. All 6 from the west. Rattler is from Phoenix AZ.

6D952758-6BB1-415D-A5E9-FF123B7C1DA2.jpeg

Seems you are helping to make my point. I can't blame those kids for wanting to be part of a winner.

They know where to find what they need to be a winner.