Georgia vs California need at least 2 annual matchups

Ga96

2 minutes ago, old_e said:

If thats their sacrificial lamb, so be it. MD vs Milton 2022. 

If we get some actual sponsors like ESPN  I'm sure we could get a better matchup... 

But right now.... 

I'm not even thinking about that.... 

I'd like to first find out whose the best in Georgia before we go trying to do this.... 

Unlike CA we don't have a SJB or MD that's Head and shoulders better than everyone else.... 

11 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Tbf the only GA vs CA matchup that was even was NG vs Crenshaw.... 

That was a good game.... 

The Milton and jserra was close as well. Milton should've won jserra won with a play that should've been call for PI. Receiver pushed the DB refs "saw nothing".

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

If we get some actual sponsors like ESPN  I'm sure we could get a better matchup... 

But right now.... 

I'm not even thinking about that.... 

I'd like to first find out whose the best in Georgia before we go trying to do this.... 

Unlike CA we don't have a SJB or MD that's Head and shoulders better than everyone else.... 

It would be nice if GSB can get other CA teams involved. DLS, Sierra Canyon,  Folsom.  And Corona Centennial. They are back.

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

How many times must I post this?: Milton is THE only GA team that will travel to CA. 

Showing how dumb you are. Nobody footing the bill for the big programs in Georgia to travel. cali has to come to Georgia. Milton doesn't have the traveling numbers as major Georgia schools.

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If what we're reading about Duncanville today is true, they're the type of team I'm saying I dont want to see carrying the flag for Georgia.

Super talented, not as well coached top to bottom, without staying power as a top program. 

Heart and swagger are important. You don't get that from the flavor of the day type teams. 

Even if you put a more established program like Allen out there or Katy 

Mater Dei is just too good for anyone to beat 

They are probably the best team in the country

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Showing how dumb you are. Nobody footing the bill for the big programs in Georgia to travel. cali has to come to Georgia. Milton doesn't have the traveling numbers as major Georgia schools.

You're the dumb one. NO OOS game in America is ever all-expense paid. We all know that only the wealthier GA teams can afford to travel. That being said the only one with the courage to do so is still Milton. That is a fact. 

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Okay let me ask you this 

What does California gain by flying to Georgia when they can go to Texas for more money

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're the dumb one. NO OOS game in America is ever all-expense paid. We all know that only the wealthier GA teams are can afford to travel. That being said the only one with the courage to do so is still Milton. That is a fact. 

I would consider IMG an OOS game for any Florida team as they are a USA team who happens to be residing in Florida

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Even if you put a more established program like Allen out there or Katy 

Mater Dei is just too good for anyone to beat 

They are probably the best team in the country

Oh, I know. They probably are the best team in the country. I haven't seen anyone I think has anything for them.

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I know yall give Lowndes Hell because of 96 but man... 

Lowndes is a Respectable program. 

I just think they're in a rough spot right now.... 

McPherson left and everyone damn near went with him... 

Lowndes is the 6th largest school in the state they have too much talent to be letting Griffin threaten em... 

shitty coaching and shifty people affiliated with the program. Some of the rumors as to why the old coach left. Similar to valdosta when people with ulterior motives get a stronghold shit goes down hill.

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

I agree, but if you put a metro all star team or South Georgia all star team together they could certainly compete with them. 

If. I agree with that. If you have one or two all star teams in Georgia masquerading as a normal high school team, we'd also know who was going to win the championship each year and the in state pick em would be much easier too. 

I'm glad we don't have that and hope we never do. 

• Thanks 1

Outside of Atlanta and its Metro there's only about 4 other places I could think of where there's Money to move teams but those cities don't have programs that are even worth mentioning right now.... 

Augusta-Thomson-Martinez-Evans,GA (Augusta Metro Area) Good Communities but there's no teams there worth mentioning in that Metro area.... 

For starters Augusta tries to keep its zones balanced to keep the schools similar size and it works.... but it keeps the schools really small and the talent there goes to the private school Aquinas or the public Evans which needs a new coach.... and GSB they are a 1A school so don't bother... Evans is 6A but dont..  they are not anywhere near ready for that...  Augusta is a Basketball and Golf community to the fullest... 

Savannah-Richmond Hills-Tybee Island,GA (Savannah Metro Area) 

Same boat as Augusta... all the talent is at Benedictine.... theres a few Big ballers at New Hampstead and Tybee Island HS but neither school is very good right now... Savannah for the most part is and has always been a Basketball Community Savannah has A HUGE Naval Base and Army Base... and for the most part the military families send their boys to Benedictine... 

Valdosta,GA (Valdosta Metro) 

Crack all the jokes you want but Lowndes isn't some broke down Rinky dink school Lowndes HS is almost like a damn castle....  moving them would be the problem.... they got the money for sure... but Idk what they got going on over there... Valdosta Like Warner Robins is a Military Community too...

Warner Robins-Macon,GA (Heart of Georgia Metro Area)

Ok Last verse same as the first... 

Talent in Macon goes to Warner Robins because the cities are Night and Day while being conjoined at the hip... Warner Robins and Macon are Military cities.... your Stealth Bombers,Fighter Jets and all that Good shit are in Warner Robins home to one (note I said one) of the largest AFB's in the country... 

Talentwise Warner Robins,Houston and Northside WR have a Fair load.... 

But I wouldn't bank on them playing OOS anytime soon. 

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Outside of Atlanta and its Metro there's only about 4 other places I could think of where there's Money to move teams but those cities don't have programs that are even worth mentioning right now.... 

Augusta-Thomson-Martinez-Evans,GA (Augusta Metro Area) Good Communities but there's no teams there worth mentioning in that Metro area.... 

For starters Augusta tries to keep its zones balanced to keep the schools similar size and it works.... but it keeps the schools really small and the talent there goes to the private school Aquinas or the public Evans which needs a new coach.... and GSB they are a 1A school so don't bother... Evans is 6A but dont..  they are not anywhere near ready for that...  Augusta is a Basketball and Golf community to the fullest... 

Savannah-Richmond Hills-Tybee Island,GA (Savannah Metro Area) 

Same boat as Augusta... all the talent is at Benedictine.... theres a few Big ballers at New Hampstead and Tybee Island HS but neither school is very good right now... Savannah for the most part is and has always been a Basketball Community Savannah has A HUGE Naval Base and Army Base... and for the most part the military families send their boys to Benedictine... 

Valdosta,GA (Valdosta Metro) 

Crack all the jokes you want but Lowndes isn't some broke down Rinky dink school Lowndes HS is almost like a damn castle....  moving them would be the problem.... they got the money for sure... but Idk what they got going on over there... Valdosta Like Warner Robins is a Military Community too...

Warner Robins-Macon,GA (Heart of Georgia Metro Area)

Ok Last verse same as the first... 

Talent in Macon goes to Warner Robins because the cities are Night and Day while being conjoined at the hip... Warner Robins and Macon are Military cities.... your Stealth Bombers,Fighter Jets and all that Good shit are in Warner Robins home to one (note I said one) of the largest AFB's in the country... 

Talentwise Warner Robins,Houston and Northside WR have a Fair load.... 

But I wouldn't bank on them playing OOS anytime soon. 

People want WR, Northside and HOCO to consolidate so bad. Now if that were to happen, I'm not sure if anyone in the state is beating them. 

Consolidations I wouldn't mind seeing:

1) WR-Northside-Hoco

2) ELCA and Eagles Landing

3) Valdosta and Lowndes

4) Ware and Pierce County

5) Grayson and Archer

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

People want WR, Northside and HOCO to consolidate so bad. Now if that were to happen, I'm not sure if anyone in the state is beating them. 

Consolidations I wouldn't mind seeing:

1) WR-Northside-Hoco

2) ELCA and Eagles Landing

3) Valdosta and Lowndes

4) Ware and Pierce County

5) Grayson and Archer

Long ago Ware County had 2 HS's... 

Waycross HS was Great in Football... 

IDK what happened that lead to its closure.... 

If ELCA closed Eagles Landing HS still wouldn't be good... 

Woodward Academy would just get a massive influx.... 

If The Warner Robins schools consolidated they'd be the same size as Allen Enrollmentwise.... But Fuck that would be Dangerous... AthleticWise... 

Northside by themselves used to field enough D1 talent to be 2 schools... 

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Valdosta would get a lot worse if this were to happen 

Yea but not for the reason you think... 

Valdosta would love that Lowndes Money though....  

In terms of talent and Depth Lowndes is deeper... 

But I think Valdosta might have the better coaching... 

Current Coach Shelton Felton is A Valdosta Native who went to Tennessee and coached on the Vols staff and came back...