Georgia vs California need at least 2 annual matchups

Ga96

5 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Leaving California for better football.

Better football environment. These guys are going back during the off season and selling UGA, Bama, LSU, etc.

I won’t be surprised to see more guys from the Southland/Inland Empire continuing to migrate South. JT had some buddies visit Athens, the over the summer. The appreciation of the football environment plus the best college town in the country impressed, as was expected.And Rollo and Kirby hit it off from the start. WSB.Welcome South Brothers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JCGIII said:

Better football environment. These guys are going back during the off season and selling UGA, Bama, LSU, etc.

I won’t be surprised to see more guys from the Southland/Inland Empire continuing to migrate South. JT had some buddies visit Athens, the over the summer. The appreciation of the football environment plus the best college town in the country impressed, as was expected.And Rollo and Kirby hit it off from the start. WSB.Welcome South Brothers.

Athens,Tuscaloosa and Gainesville Are Amazing when College is in... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Keep in mind Buford actually plays above their class already... 

Buford plays in 6A but their current enrollment numbers are that of a 4A school...

About 20 years ago when the Georgia board was Peach State Football, pre Scout era, Steeler visited and posed the question. “Is Buford a state power?” The responses were varied, but the consensus was Buford, then AA was Cracker Jack for a small school, but would struggle to be competitive in 4A and 5A, the states largest classifications. Some of those Buford teams had more top shelf talent than some of the more recent editions. In hindsight, Buford was likely a top 10 team regardless of classification.

19 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Athens and Tuscaloosa are pretty good when College is out too... 

Gainesville on the other hand.... 

Is a absolute Ghost town when College is out... 

Athens has a more progressive and diverse culture than Tuscaloosa. And a music scene unrivaled by any town not named Los Angeles, New York City, Austin, Seattle, and San Francisco. Cuisine? Aside from Dreamland BBQ, Tuscy isn’t known for haute cuisine and as wide of a selection of ethnic restaurants. The cool factor in Athens is unparalleled in ANY town not affixed to a major CMSA. 
As an aside, though technically still illegal, unless it’s more than a few elbows, the DA won’t prosecute anyone for weed. Decriminalized in the city limits of Augusta, Atlanta, and Athens. So packed phatty glass bowls for everyone.

43 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

About 20 years ago when the Georgia board was Peach State Football, pre Scout era, Steeler visited and posed the question. “Is Buford a state power?” The responses were varied, but the consensus was Buford, then AA was Cracker Jack for a small school, but would struggle to be competitive in 4A and 5A, the states largest classifications. Some of those Buford teams had more top shelf talent than some of the more recent editions. In hindsight, Buford was likely a top 10 team regardless of classification.

Buford always has been good... 

From the Tom Ridden to Ed Cochran days Buford was knocking Heads... 

Currently Buford HS has around 1100 students

It's funny... the GHSA created a new rule because of Buford and it would've forced them to 5A. Now Idk how true it is given how word of mouth works...  But teams where complaining about Buford in 3A and 4A so they move them up to 5A Buford was winning there... 

Then they got bumped to 6A and everyone was saying that's it for Buford.... 

Well... 

Buford has been in 6A for all of 3 years with a new HC in Bryan Appling and guess what.... 

They've won 3 state  titles in a row 2 of them being 6A looking for a 4th.... 

So.... 

People have been wrong about them the whole time and won't admit it... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Athens and Tuscaloosa are pretty good when College is out too... 

Gainesville on the other hand.... 

Is a absolute Ghost town when College is out... 

Aside from the Shands Hospital and Clinics, Gainesville can be a little sleepy when school is out. Laid back, and a lot of good dope. I like it.

25 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Buford always has been good... 

From the Tom Ridden to Ed Cochran days Buford was knocking Heads... 

Currently Buford HS has around 1100 students

It's funny... the GHSA created a new rule because of Buford and it would've forced them to 5A. Now Idk how true it is given how word of mouth works...  But teams where complaining about Buford in 3A and 4A so they move them up to 5A Buford was winning there... 

Then they got bumped to 6A and everyone was saying that's it for Buford.... 

Well... 

Buford has been in 6A for all of 3 years with a new HC in Bryan Appling and guess what.... 

They've won 3 6A titles in a row looking for a 4th.... 

So.... 

People have been wrong about them the whole time and won't admit it... 

This is just Bufords 2nd year in 6A. They spent 4 years in 5A, from 16' to 19'. They won the 5A ship in 19' and the 4A ship in 14', their last before that 19' ship.

I went back and looked at the coaching tree for Buford... 

Tom Riden started it all... 

Ed Cochran was an assistant to him 

Dexter Wood was connected to Ed Cochran... 

Jess Simpson was connected to Dexter Wood (he had a short stint at East Paulding too) 

Bryan Appling was an Assistant to Jess Simpson and Dexter Wood... 

John Ford was the only coach who had not connection to Riden in any way.... and he lasted the shortest... 

Buford is literally still using the same plans for success from the late 30s and it's still working...

12 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

People want WR, Northside and HOCO to consolidate so bad. Now if that were to happen, I'm not sure if anyone in the state is beating them. 

Consolidations I wouldn't mind seeing:

1) WR-Northside-Hoco

2) ELCA and Eagles Landing

3) Valdosta and Lowndes

4) Ware and Pierce County

5) Grayson and Archer

Hillgrove & mceachern 

Oh wait, that already had happened 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, JCGIII said:

Athens has a more progressive and diverse culture than Tuscaloosa. And a music scene unrivaled by any town not named Los Angeles, New York City, Austin, Seattle, and San Francisco. Cuisine? Aside from Dreamland BBQ, Tuscy isn’t known for haute cuisine and as wide of a selection of ethnic restaurants. The cool factor in Athens is unparalleled in ANY town not affixed to a major CMSA. 
As an aside, though technically still illegal, unless it’s more than a few elbows, the DA won’t prosecute anyone for weed. Decriminalized in the city limits of Augusta, Atlanta, and Athens. So packed phatty glass bowls for everyone.

Beaux’s sorority had a social with some frat Friday night and they brought in Yung Gravy. I had to look him up, but apparently he’s popular. 

Athens is a great college town. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Beaux’s sorority had a social with some frat Friday night and they brought in Yung Gravy. I had to look him up, but apparently he’s popular. 

Athens is a great college town. 

And I don’t believe it is a huge conceptual leap to assume a higher percentage of residents in Tuscaloosa county still maintain “45” won the last election versus Clarke county. About 30 years ago I was flying charter out of PDK to Phoenix. As we crossed the state line, one of the pilots with a wicked sense of humor announced to us: “Ladies and gentlemen, we have just crossed the border and are now in Alabama. Don’t forget to set your watches back 20 years.” Hilarious.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SAVE THE DATES:

9/10- Archbishop Stepinac NY at All Saints TX

9/11- Nolan Catholic TX at Santa Margarita CA

Who are these teams? I have heard of the places but had no idea they played football.

Before I typed this papagraph, I took a look at A.S., church ball in slow motion. Is this what you are selling?