This BS craziness is a growing story

OldTerrapin

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

From just before the site Guidelines that you're quoting...

"Before we begin, understand that we ask members to use common sense and the tools available through the site, including, the “Ignore” and “Report Post” features. Moderation should be used as a last resort after member self-governing measures have been exhausted.

As a general rule, most of these Guidelines are geared towards just improving the state of the website through smart tips. Some of these Guidelines are more prohibitive, however, and they function as rules."

Now, having posted that, generally it was intended to give me some leeway on enforcement of these Guidelines.  For the most part, we've let people have at it, as, they've mostly all been posting on here forever. Everyone is pretty cool about that until someone gets in their feelings and then we get Mr. Lawyer man or whoever quoting Guidelines and issuing veiled threats and shit. 

GSB has violated some of these himself and been granted immunity to do so. For instance, posting links to his Twitter, PGL website, talk shows he's a part of, Flo streaming services where he's apparently making money and etc. 

I have to use common sense when applying these Guidelines as rules. We all know for instance my number one priority has been to keep the OT type stuff separate. Most every thread on here includes violations of the Guidelines. We may as well shut down the site if I'm going to be pushed into enforcing them all as rules. 

My common sense application of the privacy issue with PGL and GSB is that he has forwent any protection of the use of his name. I've taken down his address and phone number when it appeared as quickly as I was alerted to it. 

Having said that stuff, my common sense application of someone attempting to use another person's name that has never offered that information on here would be the opposite. I'd take that information down as quickly as I noticed it or was alerted to it. After chasing my tail on that for a while, I'll issue warnings and eventually a ban if necessary to get the point across. 

In short, it's necessary for the site to operate for me to apply common sense when applying the Guidelines. Without the members, there is no site. It's just a platform where several posters are allowed to create their own content, and discuss it. For the most part they're grown and act grown, and they're tough skinned and they give as good as they get. 

I try to take a stand back approach to moderation on the site altogether. I think the members enjoy the site more that way. We mostly all know and understand at this juncture what stuff gets tagged and what stuff doesn't. When someone new comes along there is a training period where they have to learn how to fit in. Pretty much as it is with any social group anywhere, not limited to the internet. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Ararar,

it's not but that's a fair question.  I can't answer it, but i can say that Canes just called me a "drifter," meaning to him I haven't been around much.  You can check.  Also, some of my posts Saturday said that I had catching up to do.

I was never on this Board ever till @ October 2019, and left right at the Covid shutdown in @ March '20.  I came back for just the 2020 season in Sept., and left 1/21.  I was pretty much off since then.

So, 2017 to 2021.  48 months.  I was on 10 months out of 48???

well, that's further evidence the doxing is a rule violation.

I went to dinner with Tao.  I've been at games and dinners and other events with many others on this Board.

Did that forfeit my right to the enjoyment of the privacy rule?

They're heading down a slope that's slick, if that's where they're aiming.

Doxxing?  What are you talking about?  GSB has disclosed his own real name and his own real business himself, fool.  He has repeatedly posted his real name and contact info numerous times.  So unless you’re claiming GSB should be banned for doxxing himself, you have no point.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ohst8buxcp7 said:

The coach just named PGL multiple times during his interview which, according to twitter, is being listened to by numerous news outlets. Think there's a good chance this story is just getting started.

I’ve already given three interviews today. Not what each wanted to hear. Let’s see if they print them. Thankfully, the truth is getting out there slowly, but surely. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Testadura said:

I'm sure that's not true.  who is everyone?  where did he do that?  who saw or heard it?  do you have a list?  i know you save posts.  show us. 

your gratuitous highlighting of his name undercuts your fable.  and why all of a sudden mention it here and now when everyone already knows it, according to you?  a reminder?  for those who missed it?

you're starting to get older--show some growth.  posts with the clown and shoes show you and I don't belong in the same conversation.  you think that sounds cute and does the trick, but it's not and it doesn't.  does that Internet speak pass as wisdom or condescension?  

You've always been a turd of a poster.

The fact that you're going out of your way, after years of not posting, to defend this shit stain Joe Maimone speaks volumes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’ve already given three interviews today. Not what each wanted to hear. Let’s see if they print them. Thankfully, the truth is getting out there slowly, but surely. 

More lies by GSB.  You’ve been saying this exact same thing all over Twitter and getting hammered for it.  See, idiot, the thing is that no one believes your lies.  You keep saying them, but that doesn’t make them true, and it doesn’t make people believe them.  You’ve been exposed as a liar and scammer for the whole country to see — and the beauty of it is that it was done by you yourself and your BS scam co-conspirators.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

I knew they would throw him right under the bus. #scapegoat

He did BS or PGL any favors in Ohio with his act over on the Yappi forum a week or so ago. none what so ever. Who goes to advertise on a forum for their business then proceeds to antagonize and piss everyone off who post there. 

I do! And look at all the publicity and notoriety it’s getting me! 

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're being absolutely roasted.

And the rub is that you're too stupid to mount a competent public relations response.

So you keep digging the hole deeper like going after Anish Schroff and lying that Bishop Sycamore has two teams.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I do! And look at all the publicity and notoriety it’s getting me! 

Dude, everyone all over the country is calling you a liar, a con artist, a scammer, and a co-conspirator in the BS scam.   

But keep on lying, clown — it’s endlessly entertaining watching you crash and burn and make a fool of yourself.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

From just before the site Guidelines that you're quoting...

"Before we begin, understand that we ask members to use common sense and the tools available through the site, including, the “Ignore” and “Report Post” features. Moderation should be used as a last resort after member self-governing measures have been exhausted.

As a general rule, most of these Guidelines are geared towards just improving the state of the website through smart tips. Some of these Guidelines are more prohibitive, however, and they function as rules."

i saw that, and I think they also say, they're organic, might change as we learn more, etc.

This is an easy call and simple fix, though.

This is personal.  It's gratuitous.  His politics are an issue with many.  There is no attempt even to try to guide the discussion with commonsense guidelines already in place.  (It's become the way of this Country--if you don't like the person, then the rules, law, and guidelines don't apply or exist.)

I like fair fights.  I don't like weak people who gain courage when the tables turn.  You have some of the weakest, dumbest, unprincipled, fearful, mentally-troubled, vindictive people running wild and deriving schadenfreude

Adults should come into the room.

5 minutes ago, Testadura said:

i saw that, and I think they also say, they're organic, might change as we learn more, etc.

This is an easy call and simple fix, though.

This is personal.  It's gratuitous.  His politics are an issue with many.  There is no attempt even to try to guide the discussion with commonsense guidelines already in place.  (It's become the way of this Country--if you don't like the person, then the rules, law, and guidelines don't apply or exist.)

I like fair fights.  I don't like weak people who gain courage when the tables turn.  You have some of the weakest, dumbest, unprincipled, fearful, mentally-troubled, vindictive people running wild and deriving schadenfreude

Adults should come into the room.

And yet there’s a shit ton of people on Yappi, with the same politics as him, who mercilessly drag him because of his dumbass antics like saying the team has 26 D1 recruits before the Hoban game — but he won’t post the roster.

• Thanks 1

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/we-learned-more-about-how-bishop-sycamore-ended-up-playing-on-espn-and-its-only-getting-shadier.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We learned more about how Bishop Sycamore ended up playing on ESPN, and it’s only getting shadier

Nobody wants to take the blame here and kids are being put in danger

EDITED TOO MUCH CONTENT EASIER TO READ THE ARTICLE 

• Thanks 1

Let's go through the lies one-by-one.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:46 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

BS will be fielding two teams: Varsity and National. 

From Ben Koo:

I spoke with Paragon president Rashid Ghazi last night. Ghazi said that they would have cancelled the game had they had known that the same kids played earlier in the weekend, and they had held out hope that Bishop Sycamore perhaps fielded two teams with a split squad approach to the tw0 contests.

Unfortunately that’s not true. Both games are available online. Bishop Sycamore had the same starting quarterback both games, and frequently had players with the same numbers in the same alignments in both games. Coach Roy Johnson admitted as much this afternoon in an interview.

• Thanks 2

On 7/28/2021 at 2:11 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

We had several conference calls with ESPN re BS. Introduced them, educated them, enlightened them, closed them. #PGL

From Ben Koo:

Bishop Sycamore allegedly bailed on a conference call with ESPN days before the game, before providing provided a fact sheet of information on Sunday claiming multiple players had major D1 offers from power programs.

• Thanks 1

While most parties involved seem to be distancing themselves from this fiasco, a Twitter account for Prep Gridiron Logistics has been extremely active on Twitter defending the game. There have also been a few message board accounts using very similar language and reasoning in an effort to prop up the legitimacy of Bishop Sycamore as a school and a football program.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• OldTerrapin changed the title to Still the best..