This BS craziness is a growing story

OldTerrapin

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

Let me be perfectly clear, I do not stumble. 

My loyalties work as such, if GSB were at fault I would not enter the thread, I would remain silent. I am too selfish to compromise self.

Also, you have read enough posts of mine over the years to know that I swim alone in though. It is common for me to have  a perspective very different from the pack. 

To me it is glaring who is at fault and what is also glaring is the pettiness that has birth the lion's share of these posts. 

You have most always been open mined, this is why you acknowledge the train of responsibility I established.

What does this mean? I spent a career in sales and the stereotype you insinuate here is mostly a false narrative. 

Relationship driven sales, which is what I was primarily engaged in is based on truth and performance. I would never falsely represent my products as that would have ended my tenure as a representative. 

I believe this to be a relationship driven relationship between PGL and his clients. If anyone has a motive in the shadows, it  is my experience that, more often times it is the client. In this case potentially BS and IMG. Certainly we all agree BS did. IMG we can, charitably, call negligent or simply "looking the other way."

Not all salesmen "sell the sizzle" when there's no meat. The one we are talking about does. That's the sales people that give the profession a bad name. 

I'm pretty sure you sold real products that were decent products that maybe didn't need a high pressure salesmen to push them on people. That's a type of salesman that I can respect. 

The deal with GSB is while he does work with some real teams he presses these fake ones harder than anything else. That's his failing here and why I've chosen to distance myself and this site from him. Above everything else I'm gonna stay true to me, and, staying true to me is not aiding and abetting what went on here with USA Academy first and now this Bishop Sycamore garbage. 

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fuck three strikes. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not all salesmen "sell the sizzle" when there's no meat. The one we are talking about does. That's the sales people that give the profession a bad name. 

I'm pretty sure you sold real products that were decent products that maybe didn't need a high pressure salesmen to push them on people. That's a type of salesman that I can respect. 

The deal with GSB is while he does work with some real teams he presses these fake ones harder than anything else. That's his failing here and why I've chosen to distance myself and this site from him. Above everything else I'm gonna stay true to me, and, staying true to me is not aiding and abetting what went on here with USA Academy first and now this Bishop Sycamore garbage. 

Fair enough. 

You know, if these lame apologists for GSB/Sleazy Joe would just come here and acknowledge his sleazy, unethical conduct which helped the scammers and defrauded Paragon/ESPN, but then say that it doesn’t bother them and explain why, that would be one thing, but when they pretend that they believe he was an innocent dupe and pretend that he “just schedules games,” well, frankly, it’s just embarrassing.  Again, why would someone embarrass and debase themselves for him?   The only explanation is that they have some financial or personal relationship with him.

47 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That dude needs to be saved from himself. I agree this site does not need to be an accomplice nor enabler of his cons thus being a party in hurting the young men that are caught up in them.  As entertaining as it has been.

• Like 6

Let's not lose sight of through all the haha's, jokes, silly memes, shock jock videos and general clowning on this team that at the end of this there are some young folks really getting hurt. Sure some of them were saying stupid things and acting really stupid but they are just young and dumb. They really didn't deserve to be taken advantage of like this by these adults looking to make a name for themselves and maybe some cash too.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

It would be totally different if 80% of the folks here hadn't realized what this was. 

I could buy ol dude was a sucker too if most of the posters weren't telling him what was up with the BS. 

Fact is we did call it out almost immediately. That pushed him into high pressure sales tactics. You know why? Because he too knew that there wasn't a good product. That's an ethics and morals problem with me. If I'm selling a shitty product before I know it's shitty, thats one thing, but, when I figure out it's shitty, which usually doesn't take long, I stop selling it and try to reimburse those who I sold to. I don't double the fuck down and sell it harder or sell more of it. That's fucking stupid. 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It would be totally different if 80% of the folks here hadn't realized what this was. 

I could buy ol dude was a sucker too if most of the posters weren't telling him what was up with the BS. 

Fact is we did call it out almost immediately. That pushed him into high pressure sales tactics. You know why? Because he too knew that there wasn't a good product. That's an ethics and morals problem with me. If I'm selling a shitty product before I know it's shitty, thats one thing, but, when I figure out it's shitty, which usually doesn't take long, I stop selling it and try to reimburse those who I sold to. I don't double the fuck down and sell it harder or sell more of it. That's fucking stupid. 

Agreed, but it goes beyond that.  GSB/Joe was just coming off pimping for the USAA scam which collapsed in fraud.  During that debacle, he lied repeatedly about seeing the USAA facilities and seeing the construction, neither of which existed.  He also knew the BS scam artists  were the same scam artists who ran COF until it collapsed in fraud.   So the BS scam didn’t happen in a vacuum. 

But it goes beyond even that.  GSB/Joe was also caught in lie after lie after lie about his supposed “vetting” of the BS “facilities.”  He lied about witnessing practices.  He lied about seeing 100+ players.  He lied about seeing classrooms.  He lied about seeing dorms.  He lied about talking to the rec center owner.   All his lies were easily refuted, yet when caught in his lies, he just doubled down.

And still it goes further.  He also knew his claims about the BS roster and “offers”‘ were lies.  His claims about the BS roster were debunked immediately.  Even when folks effortlessly proved most of the roster were 5th and 6th year post-grads, he kept right on lying about them.  He also kept posting all these supposed “D-1” offers, yet every single time, the claimed offers were debunked in about two seconds.  But he kept right on posting those same lies.  In fact, he STILL claims the offers, the roster, and the school are legit.

Yet now he and his clown-show posse are trying to claim he was duped?  That’s laughable and embarrassing.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

W Bush I think had a take on that

fool me once ... shame on me

fool me twice ... [pause]  you're not gonna fool me

• Haha 2

On 9/3/2021 at 12:36 AM, Cossacks said:

Pro tip: it’s gotten to the point when you hear the phrases:

”It’s for the Kids”

“It’s a labor of Love”

”Its my passion”

“Giving them their last chance”

”Its not you it’s me” ok that’s George Costanza😂

That shit all just means, “I’m getting mine”!!

And you want to 🤮🤮

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 11:55 PM, Nomad said:

Im still relatively new to this National High School football thing.  There is a ALOT I dont know. What I do know is Maryland High School football (DC included).  

Literally a couple hours ago, I spoke to the HC of a very well known program in the area.  He is regular customer at my job. I congratulated him on the win last Friday.  We talked about the upcoming game this week etc.  Inevitably the conversation turned to Bishop Sycamore.  We laughed at all the jokes, expressed concern about the kids, wondered how did it get to this point.  He told me last year someone reached out to schedule his team to play BS.  He called a person who I assume was the coach at BS, but it could have been just someone associated with the "school" or someone just trying to get BS some games.  After 15min talking to this person he realized BS was BS.

What I want to know is how he was able to sniff the manure over the course of a 15min phone call, but others could not.  There are 2 logical explanations, neither are good for anyone involved in this debacle. 

Anybody with any self respect can sniff it out immediately.

It’s only those with an agenda that continue to try to sell the sizzle.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, noonereal said:

My comments are obviously above your pay grade. 

Best you sit this one out.

But, enjoy your holiday! All the best

noone

So you are that stupid.  I thought so, you empty suit.

Screw you and your pay grades.

Go back to where you’ve been hiding for the last two years,

Peace out, brother.

• Haha 1

The only unknowns going into that game were just how awful the product was going to be and the announcers reaction to it.  Everyone knew it would be a blowout.  Everyone knew there would be a running clock.  But lopsided scores don't even begin to tell the whole story.  You really need to watch their games to appreciate how terrible Bishop Sycamore really is.  Last Sunday the whole country saw what I have seen before numerous times, including once in person.  Bishop Sycamore is the most poorly-coached, disorganized, undisciplined team you will ever see and their games are slow-paced, ugly and painful to watch.  I've never seen a team walk so much.  They walk to the field.  They walk on and off the field.  They walk back to the huddle.  They are late arriving to the games.  They are late coming out of timeouts.  They are late coming out of halftime.  The officials and opponents spend much of the game standing around waiting for Bishop Sycamore to get their shit together.  Then there are the penalties, easily twice the number you see in a typical high school game.  Everything from annoying pre-snap penalties to unsportsman-like conduct.  Bishop Sycamore didn't look bad because they were overmatched against IMG, this game was a typical performance by them.  That's what ESPN needed to know ahead of time.

Now, as far as the arrest warrant and all the lawsuits, I'm sure PGL would have said something if he had been aware that sort of thing was frowned upon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Severino said:

The only unknowns going into that game were just how awful the product was going to be and the announcers reaction to it.  Everyone knew it would be a blowout.  Everyone knew there would be a running clock.  But the lopsided scores don't even begin to tell the whole story.  You really need to watch their games to appreciate how terrible Bishop Sycamore really is.  Last Sunday the whole country saw what I have seen before numerous times, including once in person.  Bishop Sycamore is the most poorly-coached, disorganized, undisciplined team you will ever see and their games are slow-paced, ugly and painful to watch.  I've never seen a team walk so much.  They walk to the field.  They walk on and off the field.  They walk back to the huddle.  They are late arriving to the games.  They are late coming out of timeouts.  They are late coming out of halftime.  The officials and opponents spend much of the game standing around waiting for Bishop Sycamore to get their shit together.  Then there are the penalties, easily twice the number you see in a typical high school game.  Everything from annoying pre-snap penalties to unsportsman-like conduct.  Bishop Sycamore didn't look bad because they were overmatched against IMG, this game was a typical performance by them.  That's what ESPN needed to know ahead of time.

Now, as far as the arrest warrant and all the lawsuits, I'm sure PGL would have said something if he had been aware that sort of thing was frowned upon.

Steve,

There's a bigoted expression, when not used among blacks, known as CP Time.  I will not countenance that.

GSB doesn't have a bigoted bone in his body; his mind though is another matter.  I'm 100% kidding.  He's as open and fair minded as you get.  To that end, he's received an exemption from critical-race theorists.  His parents in the music industry were ahead of their time--progressive and amazing.  His family are the nicest people you'd want to meet.  He looks out for those in need.

Concerning process and suits, GSB will be moving to Florida, which he's scouting out now, as it has the homeowner's exemption.  I'd be remiss in not mentioning that Manatee fits your description, too, when they played Bosco in '11.  It go so bad that the Ref kept picking up the ball so that Bosco could not run it's no-huddle.  I never heard Manatee's laziness commented on.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Testadura said:

Steve,

There's a bigoted expression, when not used among blacks, known as CP Time.  I will not countenance that.

GSB doesn't have a bigoted bone in his body; his mind though is another matter.  I'm 100% kidding.  He's as open and fair minded as you get.  To that end, he's received an exemption from critical-race theorists.  His parents in the music industry were ahead of their time--progressive and amazing.  His family are the nicest people you'd want to meet.  He looks out for those in need.

Concerning process and suits, GSB will be moving to Florida, which he's scouting out now, as it has the homeowner's exemption.  I'd be remiss in not mentioning that Manatee fits your description, too, when they played Bosco in '11.  It go so bad that the Ref kept picking up the ball so that Bosco could not run it's no-huddle.  I never heard Manatee's laziness commented on.

I don't think they were lazy.  I think they were out of shape and dispirited.  The players may have had enthusiasm before the IMG game but that usually disappears by mid-season when they realize what they've gotten themselves into.

• Like 1

Steve,

What in the hell are you talking about?  

Comparing Manatee to what BS put on the field is beyond absurd.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Steve,

He had a racial post toward Hoover removed.

• Thanks 2

The scammers and pimps involved with BS aren’t just unethical and borderline criminal, but they’re also utterly incompetent.  Terrible administrators, terrible educators, terrible coaches, terrible motivators, and even terrible liars.  All their lies are so easily debunked it’s laughable.  

But as noted above, this whole travesty is taken to another level because of just how utterly awful and embarrassing they are on the field.  Not enough helmets.  Not enough uniforms.  Those uniforms and helmets they do have are ill-fitting and mismatched..  Clearly don’t practice.  Having to send out last-second DMs to try to get enough dudes to show up to even field a team.  No schemes, no plays, no plans.  Almost every play is “everyone just go deep.”  Other players just standing around.  Players switching in and out of positions.  Unlisted dudes on the roster.  DBs coming in at QB.  No medical staff.  Coaches doing nothing but standing there like lumps.   Just completely, utterly embarrassing and humiliating.  It’s painful and embarrassing to watch.

• Thanks 1

• OldTerrapin changed the title to Still the best..