Folsom remains the #1 in NorCal

frankyjames

SoCal be sending kids "home" after football while @Ararar complains about 1 family moving to Folsom.

What a tool lol :) 

The Southern Section created a committee to look at transfer rules and possible revisions. The transfer committee met for the first time last month.

Here’s the latest example of things to consider: running back Sean Dollars and defensive back Jeremiah Criddell, two seniors who transferred to Santa Ana Mater Dei from Rancho Cucamonga last spring in time for spring football practice, are back at Rancho Cucamonga. They helped the Monarchs win the Division 1 championship before returning.

“It’s crazy,” said former Rancho Cucamonga football coach Nick Baiz.

Dollars and Criddell participated in a separate letter of intent signing ceremony on Wednesday at Rancho Cucamonga. Dollars signed with Oregon in December. Criddell is headed to Oklahoma.

ADVERTISEMENT

With their help, Mater Dei also won the state Open Division bowl game. Then they left. According to Southern Section records, they were deemed eligible at Mater Dei because they had a “valid change of residence.”

Mater Dei defensive back Elias Ricks tweeted, “Heeeyyyy didn’t y’all two go to Mater Dei.”

Another player who left Mater Dei after the season and has returned to his previous school in the Inland Empire is receiver Braedin Huffman-Dixon, who is back at Eastvale Roosevelt. He sat out the first five games for Mater Dei.

Mater Dei Athletic Director Tia Meza said, “We continue to review our transfer policies. We want to make sure we know families and students, whether athletes or in performing arts, are here for the right reasons.”

Capture.JPG

SoCal fans commenting on NorCal transfers like...................... :) Shit, they're even getting kids from Sacramento like DLS! 

Oh- And Texas is farther than Reno :) 

"Mater Dei, coming off an unbeaten season, is on the transfer bandwagon. It has picked up players from Texas, Sacramento, Rancho Cucamonga as well as Eastvale Roosevelt, Gardena Serra and Cathedral. That prompted Serra coach Scott Altenberg to call the Monarchs “IMG West.”

As it happens, IMG Academy in Florida, which has a roster of players from around the country, is coming to play the Monarchs in September. There’s going to be competition to come up with an appropriate title for the game.

Not far behind the Monarchs in the transfer department is Narbonne, which had two former players taken in the NFL draft and a third signed as a free agent. Three players from Simi Valley Grace Brethren checked in, led by sophomore running back Seven McGee, who has a scholarship offer from USC. There’s also transfers players from L.A. Dorsey, Norwalk and Bellflower St. John Bosco."

Capture.JPG

4 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

SoCal fans commenting on NorCal transfers like...................... :) Shit, they're even getting kids from Sacramento like DLS! 

"Mater Dei, coming off an unbeaten season, is on the transfer bandwagon. It has picked up players from Texas, Sacramento, Rancho Cucamonga as well as Eastvale Roosevelt, Gardena Serra and Cathedral. That prompted Serra coach Scott Altenberg to call the Monarchs “IMG West.”

As it happens, IMG Academy in Florida, which has a roster of players from around the country, is coming to play the Monarchs in September. There’s going to be competition to come up with an appropriate title for the game.

Not far behind the Monarchs in the transfer department is Narbonne, which had two former players taken in the NFL draft and a third signed as a free agent. Three players from Simi Valley Grace Brethren checked in, led by sophomore running back Seven McGee, who has a scholarship offer from USC. There’s also transfers players from L.A. Dorsey, Norwalk and Bellflower St. John Bosco."

Capture.JPG

Now your trying to make levels of transfers, can’t win on the field or with your transfers so you bash other teams transfers. Don’t get mad, just play better with your transfers and maybe you might win a legit trophy instead of you also ran bowl trophies. 

7 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Now your trying to make levels of transfers, can’t win on the field or with your transfers so you bash other teams transfers. Don’t get mad, just play better with your transfers and maybe you might win a legit trophy instead of you also ran bowl trophies. 

Ah so only "low" levels of transfers are bad?

#BART

52 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Capture.JPG

None of which makes Folsom any less of a fraud 

@Ararar your schools even have "host families" for transfers to stay, free of charge, for the football season! 

LOL at least our kids have to move to Folsom! :)

#FRAUD

Eric Sondheimer is the lead prep sports columnist for the Los Angeles Times and has covered high school sports for over 40 years. Sondheimer said contrary to the belief that Mater Dei has been recruiting for decades, it was Negro at St. John Bosco who began the tradition between the two schools.

“It started when they hired Jason Negro,” Sondheimer said. “He’s the one who created this way of doing things and winning to attract players. It was Rollo [Rollinson], who hadn’t won a championship since before 2000, who didn’t want to recruit. But he saw Bosco’s success and decided, ‘Screw this.’ So he adopted the St. John Bosco way of doing things — to get in touch with youth football coaches and host camps before bringing in kids left and right.”

The recent CIF rule lets students play immediately when transferring schools if they are able to move their residence. This includes staying with a host family for the school year or football season before transferring back to their original schools second semester. Roggin said Mater Dei and Bosco have let that happen.

In high school football and basketball under CIF, the most elite teams year to year can qualify for a division-less playoff bracket to compete with other prestigious teams. Called the “Open Division,” it was a doorway to separate the best teams with the best transfers from everybody else. Sondheimer said the grand plan has not worked out the way that CIF expected.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, frankyjames said:

or 4 Titles in a decade?

At least we didn't lose to the Bishop Lancers!

#BART

I’m sure all of Folsom was really proud of your also ran titles (they even had a parade, how pathetic is that) keep racking them, it got take some of the sting off your inability to win a NorCal title or be relevant.

#freeBART

#0-4

#aretransferslivecloserthanyours

2 hours ago, frankyjames said:

DLS has kids riding BART to school from hours away, even plucking kids from Sacramento.

Two kids in over the course of 25 years or so, both who's families moved to the bay area constitutes "plucking" in Bishops, I mean Blocks, eyes even though he uses the same criteria to defend Folsom.

Oh, and didnt the Ngata's dad still live in Reno during their high school days?  So much for the "whole family moved" lie.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Two kids in over the course of 25 years or so, both who's families moved to the bay area constitutes "plucking" in Bishops, I mean Blocks, eyes even though he uses the same criteria to defend Folsom.

Oh, and didnt the Ngata's dad still live in Reno during their high school days?  So much for the "whole family moved" lie.

No more of a lie than the T'oo'tos living in Sacramento and "somewhere near DLS" at the same time lie. 

If you can do it, I can do it. :)

4 hours ago, Ararar said:

Folsom is a fraud 

Folsom isn’t breaking rules, but Folsom has a different set of rules than the rest of us,” Oak Ridge coach Eric Cavaliere said. “The open enrollment issue is big.

Cavaliere is a crybaby because his teams couldn't beat Folsom even after the games were handed to him in 2015 and 2019.  Back in the day, when I moved here, Oak Ridge had beaten Folsom about 12 years in a row.  They had a ton of Folsom kids back then, and most of them played in the Folsom Junior Program.  The first year I coached in the Folsom Juniors, I had Austin Collie, later of Oak Ridge and the Indianapolis Colts on my team.

The difference between transfers to Private vs. Public schools is that with the publics, Dad and Mom have to take the initiative to move the family and live in the district, ergo the Reno connection.  If parents want to go through all that trouble to showcase their kid, go for it.  It does not take an idiot, however, to see how the privates could stockpile 4 star athletes.  The remedy is to let the two best teams in the state play for the open. Who cares if  it's two Southern Section teams, it would truly be a championship, and probably a great game.  Let the next best from the South and the best from the North play for the D1 Championship. Only then would we have an idea who the best five or six teams in the state are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DogPile said:

Cavaliere is a crybaby because his teams couldn't beat Folsom even after the games were handed to him in 2015 and 2019.  Back in the day, when I moved here, Oak Ridge had beaten Folsom about 12 years in a row.  They had a ton of Folsom kids back then, and most of them played in the Folsom Junior Program.  The first year I coached in the Folsom Juniors, I had Austin Collie, later of Oak Ridge and the Indianapolis Colts on my team.

The difference between transfers to Private vs. Public schools is that with the publics, Dad and Mom have to take the initiative to move the family and live in the district, ergo the Reno connection.  If parents want to go through all that trouble to showcase their kid, go for it.  It does not take an idiot, however, to see how the privates could stockpile 4 star athletes.  The remedy is to let the two best teams in the state play for the open. Who cares if  it's two Southern Section teams, it would truly be a championship, and probably a great game.  Let the next best from the South and the best from the North play for the D1 Championship. Only then would we have an idea who the best five or six teams in the state are.

I personally don’t care.Nobody is breaking any rules apparently.It’s your fellow Folsom fan who cry’s about other schools when Folsom has its own advantages 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I personally don’t care.Nobody is breaking any rules apparently.It’s your fellow Folsom fan who cry’s about other schools when Folsom has its own advantages 

Instead of litigating imaginary things on this thread (Folsom may or may not beat DLS in two weeks, i just hope to see a good game, and no matter who wins, Mater Dei or Bosco will mop up either team, maybe we should talk about the crappy playoff structure in the state. The playoffs should yield the best 5 or 6 teams in the state. Who cares if they are from North or South?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DogPile said:

Instead of litigating imaginary things on this thread (Folsom may or may not beat DLS in two weeks, i just hope to see a good game, and no matter who wins, Mater Dei or Bosco will mop up either team, maybe we should talk about the crappy playoff structure in the state. The playoffs should yield the best 5 or 6 teams in the state. Who cares if they are from North or South?

I would agree.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 8:42 AM, frankyjames said:

The mighty Bulldogs of Folsom remain the #1 in NorCal and clear cut favorite to rep in the Open game this year. 

Folsom keeps rolling with an eye on putting DLS in the grave in a few weeks. 

Can't wait!

That’s exactly what Maxpreps said, excellent prediction, keep it up.

BART!

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/1yzpPhQ5l0uuQeQT7EwgPw/high-school-football--de-la-salle-streaks-on-with-31-10-rout-over-folsom.htm

• Haha 1

I love the Bulldogs to death, but this just shows how wrong the computer can be. It makes no sense.  Anyone consider the possibility of DLS/Folsom in the NorCal D1 Finals? Should St. Francis or Central run the table, they should get the privilege of being slaughtered by Mater Dei.