Folsom remains the #1 in NorCal

frankyjames

9 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Rocklin is very good this year. I was super impressed. Maybe their best team ever.  

Not even close. I know you’re not the other Folsom guy, but don’t go down this route. Your team didn’t lose to Rocklin’s best ever team. That’s a consolation attempt.

I’ve been on record before this past game was played that Rocklin’s team from last Spring was stronger than this current one, which is also really good. That team had even more size, athleticism and physicality on the lines. This team is also playing w/o their stud 6-5 QB who makes their passing game much more potent. And he can run. They aren’t better w/o him.

Rocklin’s best team ever was their 2009 team. And it’s not close. I won’t bother citing all the reasons why, but just say I’ve been following the program closely since 2005 and have even coached within the program.

This current team is more on par with their 2005 and 2014, 2015 era teams. With their starting QB Kenny Lueth they are better than 2014, 2015 but nowhere near as good as 2009. And not better than 2005 w/o Lueth.

And I don’t believe better than their 4-0 team from last Spring, who Folsom didn’t seem to want to face.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Cossacks said:

So did I. Aaron Garcia was one of my favorite all time QB’s to watch.

I played against Aaron Garcia my Junior year. We beat previously undefeated Grant Union in the last regular season game of the season. We scored with :10 remaining to win 39-36. We missed the postseason with a 7-3, 4-2 record as Grant Union and Nevada Union got in over us. 

These kids today have no clue how spoiled they are with so many playoff spots available. Nobody misses the postseason these days with the record we had.

Circling back to Aaron Garcia, IIRC he still has the most TD passes in professional league history. He had over 1,000 TD passes playing in the Arena leagues until his late 30’s, early 40’s.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Right now St. Francis-Mountain View is the leader in that clubhouse. Undefeated with a win over DLS.

Serra-San Mateo, who plays St. Francis on 11-6, and Rocklin are both worthy contenders too.

But do any of these teams really want the opportunity to play against the trinity team that represents the south?

11 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Not even close. I know you’re not the other Folsom guy, but don’t go down this route. Your team didn’t lose to Rocklin’s best ever team. That’s a consolation attempt.

I’ve been on record before this past game was played that Rocklin’s team from last Spring was stronger than this current one, which is also really good. That team had even more size, athleticism and physicality on the lines. This team is also playing w/o their stud 6-5 QB who makes their passing game much more potent. And he can run. They aren’t better w/o him.

Rocklin’s best team ever was their 2009 team. And it’s not close. I won’t bother citing all the reasons why, but just say I’ve been following the program closely since 2005 and have even coached within the program.

This current team is more on par with their 2005 and 2014, 2015 era teams. With their starting QB Kenny Lueth they are better than 2014, 2015 but nowhere near as good as 2009. And not better than 2005 w/o Lueth.

And I don’t believe better than their 4-0 team from last Spring, who Folsom didn’t seem to want to face.

Outstanding Analysis of Rocklin!…. Great Post!… 🍻

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I played against Aaron Garcia my Junior year. We beat previously undefeated Grant Union in the last regular season game of the season. We scored with :10 remaining to win 39-36. We missed the postseason with a 7-3, 4-2 record as Grant Union and Nevada Union got in over us. 

These kids today have no clue how spoiled they are with so many playoff spots available. Nobody misses the postseason these days with the record we had.

Circling back to Aaron Garcia, IIRC he still has the most TD passes in professional league history. He had over 1,000 TD passes playing in the Arena leagues until his late 30’s, early 40’s.

Great Post!!!… That is crazy to think your team didn’t get in at 7-3!!…. Whe I was a Junior we made the playoffs with a 4-6 record in So Cal!!!…. 

We made it in on a Coin Flip, we were 3-2 in League in a 3 way tie… The worst thing was the team knocked out was either 7-3 or 8-2!! (I Can’t Remember)…. We got Blasted by Newport Harbor in the First Round of The playoffs…. 🤣🤣🍻

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eddiev said:

But do any of these teams really want the opportunity to play against the trinity team that represents the south?

I’d bet the kids probably do. The coaches, maybe not so much. 

Who knows though. That’s why they play the games. In the case of St. Francis-San Mateo, they’ve got some size and play with some physicality and just might be able to match up better than DLS would. 

We all know MD and SJB have taken things to a new level the past 5-7 years, but you always want a chance to play against the best. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2021 at 8:36 PM, THEOC89 said:

Great Post!!!… That is crazy to think your team didn’t get in at 7-3!!…. Whe I was a Junior we made the playoffs with a 4-6 record in So Cal!!!…. 

We made it in on a Coin Flip, we were 3-2 in League in a 3 way tie… The worst thing was the team knocked out was either 7-3 or 8-2!! (I Can’t Remember)…. We got Blasted by Newport Harbor in the First Round of The playoffs…. 🤣🤣🍻

I’ve got an even better example (or worse depending how you look at it)

Here in NorCal in 1996, we had a 3-way tie for the C.A.L. League championship between Grant Union, Del Campo and Nevada Union. All three teams were 9-1 overall and 5-1 in league play. NU beat Grant (21-19), Grant beat Del Campo (40-20) and Del Campo beat NU (33-32) on essentially the final play of the game.

Back in those days only 2 teams from a single league earned a playoff spot in the Sac-Joaquin Section. To balance playoff brackets, a 3rd team also made it in but the 3rd team rotated between leagues every season. The CAL only got 2 teams in 1996.

They had a 3-way coin flip which Nevada Union lost. So Nevada Union lost one game 33-32 on a last-second TD pass and went home with a 9-1 record. Might have been one of their better teams, but they won’t ever be considered as such since they weren’t allowed to play postseason games.

FWIW, Del Campo had Matt Barnes — the long time NBA player — as their star receiver (he had 27 TD receptions that season) and Grant Union had Donte Stallworth, Onterrio Smith and Chad Elliott. Stallworth and Smith both played in the NFL and Elliott played college ball at Arizona State and Syracuse.

Some great teams that season. 

That Grant team with Stallworth and Smith had to battle NFL great Lance Briggs and Elk Grove the very next season.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

I’ve got an even better example (or worse depending how you look at it)

Here in NorCal in 1996, we had a 3-way tie for the C.A.L. League championship between Grant Union, Del Campo and Nevada Union. All three teams were 9-1 overall and 5-1 in league play. NU beat Grant (21-19), Grant beat Del Campo (40-20) and Del Campo beat NU (33-32) on essentially the final play of the game.

Back in those days only 2 teams from a single league earned a playoff spot in the Sac-Joaquin Section. To balance playoff brackets, a 3rd team also made it in but the 3rd team rotated between leagues every season. The CAL only got 2 teams in 1996.

They had a 3-way coin flip which Nevada Union lost. So Nevada Union lost one game 33-32 on a last-second TD pass and went home with a 9-1 record. Might have been one of their better teams, but they won’t ever be considered as such since they were allowed to play postseason games.

FWIW, Del Campo had Matt Barnes — the long time NBA player — as their star receiver (he had 27 TD receptions that season) and Grant Union had Donte Stallworth, Onterrio Smith and Chad Elliott. Stallworth and Smith both played in the NFL and Elliott played college ball at Syracuse.

Some great teams that season. 

That Grant team with Stallworth and Smith had to battle NFL great Lance Briggs and Elk Grove the very next season.

Wow!!… That is wild!.., The Talent on that Grant Team Is Crazy!!!… Ridiculous that Nevada Union didn’t make the playoffs and some other team with a 4 or 5 loss record probly did!!!… 

This is als why Nor Cal needs a Full regional playoff…. if We had a “Open”style playoff, 1996 DLS with a 4 year winning streak would have has to beat a team like 1996 Grant…. That would have been an Awesome Game!!!!…

Which team won that section that year?…. Assuming it was Grant but I have no clue?… 🤣🤣🍻

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

This is als why Nor Cal needs a Full regional playoff…. if We had a “Open”style playoff, 1996 DLS with a 4 year winning streak would have has to beat a team like 1996 Grant…. That would have been an Awesome Game!!!!…

Yes sir. Totally agree. As I've contended in the past, if a regional system had been in place all these years there's little-to-no chance DLS wins 151 consecutive let alone 300+ in NorCal, even though they still would have been the clear cut best program in NorCal.

Grant Union just had way too many teams capable of competing with them and beating them. Unlike say Folsom, Grant Union played a style of ball that matched up much, much better against the Spartans system. And they consistently fielded huge athletic lines similar to what Euless-Trinity fielded when they beat DLS. And they had skill talent and speed unlike anyone else in NorCal to compliment it all.

Not just a couple good classes here and there. But most every season. And churned out numerous D1 FBS athletes and multiple NFL'ers from Donte Stallworth to Onterrio Smith to Paris Warren to C.J. Wallace to Christian Tupou to Syd-Quan Thompson to Devontae Booker to James Sample to Shaq Thompson..

We fans (and the players themselves) were cheated out of so many awesome match ups over the decades. Hell, after we had thought they'd learned their lesson by implementing State games in 2006 then Regional games a few years later -- they cheated us out of a Folsom-DLS matchup in 2014 when Folsom had their best chance to compete.

We got cheated out of Elk Grove-DLS in 1997 and 1998. The Lance Briggs led teams with mucho D1 talent that took out Grant's star-studded teams in 1997 and 1998. We got cheated of seeing DLS face some of the CCS's best teams during those days too. Or Grant Union and Nevada Union facing those CCS juggernauts.

Go back even further. We got cheated out of Cordova v. De La Salle during the 80's. And Placer playing any medium sized school in the 70's.

It sucks to think about what could have been.....

If you are interested and haven't already seen it, Mark Tennis wrote a nice article about potential match ups over the years back in 2012: https://calhisportsfootball.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/what-if-norcal-open-division-bowl-games-had-been-going-on-for-years/

43 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Which team won that section that year?…. Assuming it was Grant but I have no clue?… 🤣🤣🍻

The Pacers did win D1 in 1996, despite 2-losses. It took them a bit to gel and get going. But once they did, they were lethal. They had a D1 QB that threw 47 TD's to only 3 INT's, a future NFL WR and shutdown DB in Stallworth and a sophomore RB that went on to score 53 TD's just 2 seasons later. Plus a ton of other athletes.

But had NU qualfied for the postseason ....... who knows. Their 1996 team was legit.

As good as that 1996 Pacers team was, I'm not sure they beat the 1998 Elk Grove team though. '98 EG and '85 Cordova with Troy Taylor might be the 2 best teams I've seen from the SJS. But Grant's 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009, and 2010 teams are all up there too. I know 2009 and 2010 both lost Section, but they were super good and lost due to odd circumstances.

• Like 4

On 10/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, Extremely Humble said:

Rocklin is very good this year. I was super impressed. Maybe their best team ever. As mentioned, Folsom’s lines are weak this year. Teams with good lines like DLS and Rocklin can get to Folsom’s qb’s and make them make mistakes. Folsom had a handful of starters out and not having Tremain was a huge loss. Rocklin still wins with fully healthy teams IMO. It would be great to see Rocklin vs DLS in the playoffs. 

Folsom will be back next year with a better team, but they need to fully focus on their lines IMO. 

@frankyjames Delete your account(s) from all sites and never come back. Folsom has a great program for a public school and you’re just a flat out embarrassment. Everyone is tired of your shit and I’m glad I don’t have to hear about who’s the best public in Cali anymore. Its not Folsom this year, not even close. The Folsom players and staff work their asses off and to have some clown not even affiliated with the program come on boards and talk endless crap is not fair to that program. 

I’ll be rooting for Rocklin to win D1 this year. 

Rocklin beat Folsom who was playing with a back up QB. They will meet again. 

I will never delete anything. I'm a permanent resident. 

3 hours ago, frankyjames said:

Rocklin beat Folsom who was playing with a back up QB. They will meet again. 

I will never delete anything. I'm a permanent resident. 

Rocklin pounded Folsom.  Also with a backup QB.

Would they do it again?  Who knows?  But this time Folsom got stomped.

Why don’t you for once just own it, instead of continuing to prove what a gigantic douche you are?

if you just faced reality occasionally, people might stop thinking of you as the biggest ass on the forum not named GSB or Testadura.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 10/16/2021 at 8:02 PM, ThunderRam said:

I forgot about 2009. I remember watching them nearly beat Servite with a backup Qb. That team had some real grit.  

I'm not going to pretend to follow Rocklin like you do, but looking at their 2014 and 2015 teams.... ummm no. Those teams both had losses in the SFL and I'm not even talking to Folsom.  

This Rocklin's team's book is still being written so we'll have to wait and see how it plays out. The D-1 playoffs are going to be spicy if DLS and Folsom are in it.