Folsom remains the #1 in NorCal

frankyjames

5 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I forgot about 2009. I remember watching them nearly beat Servite with a backup Qb. That team had some real grit.  

I'm not going to pretend to follow Rocklin like you do, but looking at their 2014 and 2015 teams.... ummm no. Those teams both had losses in the SFL and I'm not even talking to Folsom.  

This Rocklin's team's book is still being written so we'll have to wait and see how it plays out. The D-1 playoffs are going to be spicy if DLS and Folsom are in it. 

At this stage , I think it will be more like Rocklin and Dela , unless Rocklin and Folsom meet again in SJC playoffs. Aren't they in different classifications come playoff time though  ?

4 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

At this stage , I think it will be more like Rocklin and Dela , unless Rocklin and Folsom meet again in SJC playoffs. Aren't they in different classifications come playoff time though  ?

Im not entirely sure tbh. I think Rocklin wins their league they go D1 and Folsom also goes due to their enrollment. I’ll let someone smarter than me chime in. 

1 hour ago, Wosinc said:

Rocklin pounded Folsom.  Also with a backup QB.

Would they do it again?  Who knows?  But this time Folsom got stomped.

Why don’t you for once just own it, instead of continuing to prove what a gigantic douche you are?

if you just faced reality occasionally, people might stop thinking of you as the biggest ass on the forum not named GSB or Testadura.

Haha. Block owning it is like saying Folsom will win the open anytime soon.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

3 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Im not entirely sure tbh. I think Rocklin wins their league they go D1 and Folsom also goes due to their enrollment. I’ll let someone smarter than me chime in. 

Rocklin was D2 but the win over Folsom put them in D1…. They can do no worse then tie for the SFL so they are automatically D1 by winning the SFL because it is a D1 League….

Rocklin would have to lose their last League game to Grant who is  awful, to even Tie for the League Title…. Rocklin’s last game is against a 3-5 Pleasant Grove team so Rocklin should be 10-0….

So yes, Rocklin and Folsom will be in The Same playoff Bracket probably at opposite ends…. Folsom Should finish no less then the #3 seed unless they drop one of their last 2 games….

Folsom should handle Whitney, Granite Bay will be the tough one… GB is currently tied with Folsom for #2 in the SFL so if Folsom drops that game They could drop to the 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs….

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Rocklin was D2 but the win over Folsom put them in D1…. They can do no worse then tie for the SFL so they are automatically D1 by winning the SFL because it is a D1 League….

Rocklin would have to lose their last League game to Grant who is  awful, to even Tie for the League Title…. Rocklin’s last game is against a 3-5 Pleasant Grove team so Rocklin should be 10-0….

So yes, Rocklin and Folsom will be in The Same playoff Bracket probably at opposite ends…. Folsom Should finish no less then the #3 seed unless they drop one of their last 2 games….

Folsom should handle Whitney, Granite Bay will be the tough one… GB is currently tied with Folsom for #2 in the SFL so if Folsom drops that game They could drop to the 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs….

Would the winner of Folsom/Rocklin play DLS?

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Would the winner of Folsom/Rocklin play DLS?

That is a great question…. Assuming SF or Serra Gets the open, I would say If Rocklin wins out they play DLS in the D1AA Game…..

If Folsom Upsets Rocklin in The Playoffs and wins their Section then it becomes more interesting….

I would say that a 2 Loss Folsom Team would drop to D1A and the Central Section Champ would be against DLS assumeinh they have no more then 1 loss….

But if the Central Champ has 2 or more losses and Folsom Avenges their Loss Against Rocklin and wins the Section then why wouldn’t they match up Folsom and DLS?,…. 

it will be great to see how it all plays out…. It looks like a Long Shot that Folsom could beat Rocklin if they played again, but who knows…. Anything can happen…..

On 10/16/2021 at 10:54 PM, ThunderRam said:

I’ve got an even better example (or worse depending how you look at it)

Here in NorCal in 1996, we had a 3-way tie for the C.A.L. League championship between Grant Union, Del Campo and Nevada Union. All three teams were 9-1 overall and 5-1 in league play. NU beat Grant (21-19), Grant beat Del Campo (40-20) and Del Campo beat NU (33-32) on essentially the final play of the game.

Back in those days only 2 teams from a single league earned a playoff spot in the Sac-Joaquin Section. To balance playoff brackets, a 3rd team also made it in but the 3rd team rotated between leagues every season. The CAL only got 2 teams in 1996.

They had a 3-way coin flip which Nevada Union lost. So Nevada Union lost one game 33-32 on a last-second TD pass and went home with a 9-1 record. Might have been one of their better teams, but they won’t ever be considered as such since they weren’t allowed to play postseason games.

The SJS used to have the absolute worst playoff system ever.  It’s definitely a lot better now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

The SJS used to have the absolute worst playoff system ever.  It’s definitely a lot better now.

Truth.

Not only that, up until the early 2000’s they still used the old CA tiebreaker system that was only used in league games. And even then the outcome was still recorded as a “tie”. 

While we have better systems in place than ever before, it’d be nice to have a true regional/state system like other states do.

On 10/18/2021 at 5:16 PM, Extremely Humble said:

I forgot about 2009. I remember watching them nearly beat Servite with a backup Qb. That team had some real grit.  

I'm not going to pretend to follow Rocklin like you do, but looking at their 2014 and 2015 teams.... ummm no. Those teams both had losses in the SFL and I'm not even talking to Folsom.  

This Rocklin's team's book is still being written so we'll have to wait and see how it plays out. The D-1 playoffs are going to be spicy if DLS and Folsom are in it. 

That’s because you are looking at and factoring in the wrong things. Having a loss or more in league in 2014/15 doesn’t mean a thing. Every season is in it’s own vacuum.

For one thing, Folsom was much better those two seasons than they are this season, right? And so were Del Oro, Oak Ridge and Granite Bay (in one or both of those seasons), one of which overcame numerous injuries to drastically improve by seasons end.

In short, competition wasn’t exactly the same. 

I’ve made this point many times re: the 2009 D2 playoff bracket, which is the deepest, best I’ve ever seen in the SJS.

St. Mary’s 2009 team might be the best they’ve ever fielded. But that team just happened to be in the same bracket with the best team Rocklin ever had and arguably one of the best Del Oro, Folsom and Grant Union ever had. 

St. Mary’s had section winning teams that weren’t near as good as the 2009 team that lost in the quarterfinals.

Same goes for Folsom. Their 2009 team was as good or better than some of their other Section winning teams, but just faced tougher comp.

I’m telling you that, talent-wise, this current Rocklin team is on par with the other teams I mentioned. Records and accomplishments be damned.

They are better in some areas, but not as good in others. On the whole, they are similar. But could become more accomplished by season’s end.

• Like 3

On 10/19/2021 at 1:20 AM, ThunderRam said:

Truth.

Not only that, up until the early 2000’s they still used the old CA tiebreaker system that was only used in league games. And even then the outcome was still recorded as a “tie”. 

While we have better systems in place than ever before, it’d be nice to have a true regional/state system like other states do.

The old tug of war OT format in California was definitely different 😂.

On 10/18/2021 at 7:28 PM, Wosinc said:

Rocklin pounded Folsom.  Also with a backup QB.

Would they do it again?  Who knows?  But this time Folsom got stomped.

Why don’t you for once just own it, instead of continuing to prove what a gigantic douche you are?

if you just faced reality occasionally, people might stop thinking of you as the biggest ass on the forum not named GSB or Testadura.

St Francis pounded DLS

2 hours ago, The Colonel said:

It sure was a big win. Wow. Folsom wasn’t even remotely competitive in this game. Back to back azz whoopins for Folsom. Yes, I agree Servite would destroy Folsom as well. No doubt. 

Servite is the dude who blew a load once at a party with a chick who was a 5 and then claims 4 years of HS skank slaying supremacy. Tool status. 

2 hours ago, frankyjames said:

Servite is the dude who blew a load once at a party with a chick who was a 5 and then claims 4 years of HS skank slaying supremacy. Tool status. 

Block is the dude who blew the Servite dude who blew a load all over Folsom’s D1 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA also ran trophies in the Folsom Walk of Wanabe’s trophy case.

0-5

BART!

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, frankyjames said:

St Francis pounded DLS

1 hour ago, Wosinc said:

🤷‍♂️ And this changes Rocklin pounding Folsom how?

Some how he thinks that if he disparages DLS enough people will forget that Folsom is DLS’s bitch. No amount of shit talk can erase that stink but you keep being you Block🤪

0-5

BART!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1