Louisiana GOTW: #1 D1 Catholic-BR 38 vs #1 D3 Lafayette Christian Academy 17 Final

RedZone

9 minutes ago, pde769 said:

Nice

Both teams come in 4-0.

I like this little LCA team......they get after it and have some talent. They are coached by Trev Faulk (one of the Faulk clan).  He's been pulling some nice talent in Lafayette.

Lafayette isn't a small place with the population being 127,000 and a Metro of 490,000.

I'm not quite sure LCA is ready to take this step though. This Catholic team is pretty stout.

Anyways, you never know......that's why they schedule and play the games.

Trev Faulk

636737750776141558-LCA.Central.mc.football-4675.jpg

This game does have a couple great player matchups..

Catholic 4* OL Emery Jones (LSU commit) vs LCA 3* DL Fitzgerald West (LSU commit)

Catholic 5* WR Shelton Sampson Jr (offers everyone) vs LCA 3* CB Jordan Allen (Penn St commit)

I mean this isn't Mater Dei/SJB stuff, but lots of teams this week will play worse teams than Lafayette Christian. LCA playing a National Top 25 team (Catholic-BR) is a big deal to them.

• Like 1

• RedZone changed the title to Louisiana GOTW: #1 D1 Catholic-BR 7 vs #1 D3 Lafayette Christian Academy 10 1st 7:48
  • RedZone changed the title to Louisiana GOTW: #1 D1 Catholic-BR 14 vs #1 D3 Lafayette Christian Academy 10 2nd
  • RedZone changed the title to Louisiana GOTW: #1 D1 Catholic-BR 21 vs #1 D3 Lafayette Christian Academy 10 @ Halftime
  • RedZone changed the title to Louisiana GOTW: #1 D1 Catholic-BR 38 vs #1 D3 Lafayette Christian Academy 17 Final

just mentioning because it's the end of an era, West Monroe lost to Neville last night 28 - 7 marking the Rebs 1st loss to another NELA team since 1995...  my Rebs are nothing but a mere shadow of their former selves, I predict we'll end the season 5 - 4 and likely lose in the 1st round.  Sad day  😨

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Reb72 said:

just mentioning because it's the end of an era, West Monroe lost to Neville last night 28 - 7 marking the Rebs 1st loss to another NELA team since 1995...  my Rebs are nothing but a mere shadow of their former selves, I predict we'll end the season 5 - 4 and likely lose in the 1st round.  Sad day  😨

I has da sad. 😭

But it is Neville.  And y'all will most likely get matched up with a team from my old stomping grounds.

Oh the "dreaded" 1-5A.

2 hours ago, Reb72 said:

I saw that last night.

Monroe Neville is pretty good and the only team in 4A that has a prayer vs Edna Karr......Karr is just too great this year.

I do think West Monroe loses 2 more games this year, maybe 3..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I saw that last night.

Monroe Neville is pretty good and the only team in 4A that has a prayer vs Edna Karr......Karr is just too great this year.

I do think West Monroe loses 2 more games this year, maybe 3..

You may be right, I was giving them benefit of the doubt vs Ouachita but that game will be a dogfight...

Big changes needed in Rebel Land or we're destined to go from a nationally recognized program to a mid district kind of "band" school...  

Meanwhile the Owls got a huge win last night at home... John Ehret, the home of Kordell Stewart and Reggie Wayne and Super Bowl Champion Darrell Williams, and state finalists in 2015 and semifinalists in 2018 had beaten us the last 8 years in a row, but we ran all over them last night 45-20 and now we're in the drivers' seat to win the 8-5A district, with our biggest games left the next two weeks on the road at West Jefferson and East Jefferson, teams we've beaten every year since 2013 and 2015.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chalmetteowl said:

Meanwhile the Owls got a huge win last night at home... John Ehret, the home of Kordell Stewart and Reggie Wayne and Super Bowl Champion Darrell Williams, and state finalists in 2015 and semifinalists in 2018 had beaten us the last 8 years in a row, but we ran all over them last night 45-20 and now we're in the drivers' seat to win the 8-5A district, with our biggest games left the next two weeks on the road at West Jefferson and East Jefferson, teams we've beaten every year since 2013 and 2015.

Don't blow it Owls.