Classless per usual. servite community

HurricaneNick

6 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Different childhoods.

Remember?

You are naive if you think this stuff is not still alive and kicking.

That's a red herring--we all know racism/biases/bigotry exist everywhere and always.  and there's a lot more alive and kicking than just that.  that's my point.

Grand Wizards?  We didn't even have Republicans in Bayonne.  

I mentioned this already on the Board, and i'm just shooting the breeze.  My 1st day in Kindergarten, I sit next to a black kid, and mothers are still in the room.  I couldn't remember this.  I start talking to the black kid, and he says, my grandfather told him not to talk to whites, and so, he couldn't talk to me.  lol.  

Darryl and his sister, Samantha, were with me from K-8.  Every class.  Every lunch.  His younger brother, Donnell (Bushy), was in my brother's class.  We're all close.  My brother told me that story about 3 yrs ago.  We both felt for his granddad.  No one was mad.  we all were born into this.  None of us is born at the beginning, and we all live thru the middle.  We seek a sense of ending, but that's the best we'll get--a sense.

I knocked out a "friend" for calling me a N lover because I said Holmes would have no problem with Cooney.  

The world is complicated.  You are wise but we all have our experiences--you and I have no idea abut each other, other than assumptions maybe based on stereotypes.  That's why I don't want someone indoctrinated d bag from Harvard assuming who I am and using me to test his ideas on and fix the world.  pure arrogance, and a total misunderstanding of human nature and community

you sound reasonable.  we probably would get along.  the Board is a funky joint

18 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

You are going to be highly disappointed if you think you are getting anything. You should educate yourself more especially before throwing out words just because another race used it. 

i don't want an apology.  low brow is all around us.  my daughter is just fine.  it wasn't racist, but it was bad.  the litmus test to thinking people is not whether it was a racist comment.  Unruly fans can be unruly and racist, and they can be unruly and not racist.  Do you know our prisons are filled almost entirely with people who committed non-racial crimes?  lol

just be happy your State's former poll taxes and literacy requirements aren't in place before one posts

27 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

My bad y’all. Ugly. Should’ve just laughed at him and went on after he posted that first article. It is what it is. The ‘rivalry’ (3 wins in 35 years for them) brings out the ugly in both sides. 

There is no rivalry with teams that play Bakersfield and gloat about being Helix. Look at the thread about beating Helix if you don't believe me. Clown shit. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Testadura said:

That's a red herring--we all know racism/biases/bigotry exist everywhere and always.  and there's a lot more alive and kicking than just that.  that's my point.

Grand Wizards?  We didn't even have Republicans in Bayonne.  

I mentioned this already on the Board, and i'm just shooting the breeze.  My 1st day in Kindergarten, I sit next to a black kid, and mothers are still in the room.  I couldn't remember this.  I start talking to the black kid, and he says, my grandfather told him not to talk to whites, and so, he couldn't talk to me.  lol.  

Darryl and his sister, Samantha, were with me from K-8.  Every class.  Every lunch.  His younger brother, Donnell (Bushy), was in my brother's class.  We're all close.  My brother told me that story about 3 yrs ago.  We both felt for his granddad.  No one was mad.  we all were born into this.  None of us is born at the beginning, and we all live thru the middle.  We seek a sense of ending, but that's the best we'll get--a sense.

I knocked out a "friend" for calling me a N lover because I said Holmes would have no problem with Cooney.  

The world is complicated.  You are wise but we all have our experiences--you and I have no idea abut each other, other than assumptions maybe based on stereotypes.  That's why I don't want someone indoctrinated d bag from Harvard assuming who I am and using me to test his ideas on and fix the world.  pure arrogance, and a total misunderstanding of human nature and community

you sound reasonable.  we probably would get along.  the Board is a funky joint

Are you so naive as to think my reality is a red herring? I am not relaying a story I have been told. I speak from MY life experiences. I make no assumptions on anything. I base everything on what I know. Ther is no room for assuming when facts are present. Reality governs.

I am trying to fix the world but I find it difficult without my Coke and Krispy Kreme glazed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Just want to let him know. He made the statement that we had different childhoods so I figured I would tell him about my reality.

will,

in Jersey, we all learned about slavery and the Southern migration away from the Southern white antagonists, whose progeny inhabit this Board.  Jewish people and others have studied the concept of collective guilt especially concerning Germany.  I'd recommend some books, but why?  But I would suggest thinking about whether 1-2 generations removed is sufficient to extinguish the despicable racist impulses of the slave-owning, slave-tolerating, Jim Crow whites down South.  They figuratively or virtually are standing right next to you as we speak.

what are your thoughts, given "it still exists"?

26 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

My bad y’all. Ugly. Should’ve just laughed at him and went on after he posted that first article. It is what it is. The ‘rivalry’ (3 wins in 35 years for them) brings out the ugly in both sides. 

Sometimes the truth is pretty ugly. It is what it is.

I'm fully open to enlightenment, but, I feel like it should come from those that attend or directly support the school we are discussing. 

As I said previously, my experience with private schools is limited to the areas where Ive lived, and, in those, most of those schools became a place where white folks sent their kids because people of color couldn't afford it. The idea was to separate them from fraternizing together. 

Seems a lot like this school has that issue at least to some extent. 

I have preformed opinions of specific users here as well. I've read what they post on the OT section and find a good bit of it socially unacceptable today. When one person hangs out and/or defends another, also supports openly a school that has this stuff going on and for some reason remains oddly silent...Now couple that with my life experience pertaining to private schools...  well... 

Especially after going after the Ohio folks for not starting some separate thread for a losing football game.

Anyway, idc really. No skin in the game for me. I'm just agitating due to what I've seen the last few days. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Are you so naive as to think my reality is a red herring? I am not relaying a story I have been told. I speak from MY life experiences. I make no assumptions on anything. I base everything on what I know. Ther is no room for assuming when facts are present. Reality governs.

I am trying to fix the world but I find it difficult without my Coke and Krispy Kreme glazed.

the red herring is simply that you repeatedly sound unaware that we all know it exists.  it exists.  I've said that 7-10 times.  It exists.  Now maybe 11.

you, sincerely, don't seem to have much of a grasp on life in 40 or more States.

it exists.  12

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Sometimes the truth is pretty ugly. It is what it is.

I'm fully open to enlightenment, but, I feel like it should come from those that attend or directly support the school we are discussing. 

As I said previously, my experience with private schools is limited to the areas where Ive lived, and, in those, most of those schools became a place where white folks sent their kids because people of color couldn't afford it. The idea was to separate them from fraternizing together. 

Seems a lot like this school has that issue at least to some extent. 

I have preformed opinions of specific users here as well. I've read what they post on the OT section and find a good bit of it socially unacceptable today. When one person hangs out and/or defends another, also supports openly a school that has this stuff going on and for some reason remains oddly silent...Now couple that with my life experience pertaining to private schools...  well... 

Especially after going after the Ohio folks for not starting some separate thread for a losing football game.

Anyway, idc really. No skin in the game for me. I'm just agitating due to what I've seen the last few days. 

I agree! However, most public schools in CA can’t compare to those schools you guys have out there. Colquitts indoor facility alone shits on any facility in Santa Ana ISD (city MD is in) has to offer. Buford is one of the nicest campuses I’ve seen. You just don’t see that type of buy in from the community out here. Of course you have your Corona Del Mar’s and Mission Viejo’s etc. but the median home price is those areas are damn near $1M. Catholic schools out here are somewhat affordable especially with financial aid for those that live in underfunded school districts. MD serves a large Hispanic community simply because of location. A lot has changed in Santa Ana since MD was founded. I admit I should not have reacted to his foolishness, but it is very telling that he ignored the issue and immediately attacked MD with a 20+ year old article. That’s the culture over there. Servite is entirely funded by Yoruba Linda/Anaheim Hills money. Two affluent, predominantly white communities. It is not surprising that their student section has one again used racism as an agenda but it is embarrassing for them that they have not fixed the issue because it IS a recurring issue. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I agree! However, most public schools in CA can’t compare to those schools you guys have out there. Colquitts indoor facility alone shits on any facility in Santa Ana ISD (city MD is in) has to offer. Buford is one of the nicest campuses I’ve seen. You just don’t see that type of buy in from the community out here. Of course you have your Corona Del Mar’s and Mission Viejo’s etc. but the median home price is those areas are damn near $1M. Catholic schools out here are somewhat affordable especially with financial aid for those that live in underfunded school districts. MD serves a large Hispanic community simply because of location. A lot has changed in Santa Ana since MD was founded. I admit I should not have reacted to his foolishness, but it is very telling that he ignored the issue and immediately attacked MD with a 20+ year old problem. That’s the culture over there. Servite is entirely funded by Yoruba Linda/Anaheim Hills money. Two affluent, predominantly white communities. It is not surprising that their student section has one again used racism as an agenda but it is embarrassing for them that they have not fixed the issue because it IS a recurring issue. 

It takes generations to fix such an issue. It's a little why I've asked some seemingly silly questions, like, is there black faculty there. 

This is honestly where private schools and public schools differ to some extent. In public schools social studies is a thread beginning early and getting more in depth each year until eventually becoming history class. It helps to have people of color to expound the curriculum with life experiences that the white kids attending likely never had or many never witnessed. Ie those hills/affluent white neighborhoods for instance. Those kids may never learn anything like what public school kids learn. 

Imo..  If you started adding curriculum and black teachers there today, it would take a few generations before then student body at Servite got anywhere close to the same understanding level as public school kids about race and social studies. Chances are that won't happen because as you've stated, where the money comes from. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm not questioning your experience with private schools, but in my experiences I have examples of this not being the case. I was fortunate to grow up in a financially secure middle-class family, and we just happened to live in neighborhoods that were 99% white. Denver and Northern Kentucky are not nearly as diverse as other areas (at the time, Denver was about 70% white, 20% hispanic, and 5% black). In high school, we (me and some brothers) drove about 10 miles from our lily-white neighborhood to a Jesuit school that for 100 years was located in an area that was quite a bit rougher than ours. The all-boys, Catholic school drew kids from all over the Denver metro area, mostly from similar backgrounds to mine (a good number from more affluent families, too), due to a fine reputation for educating. Most of us ended up in a much more diverse area/school than we had been raised in. My classmates went from being named Nicholas and Thomas and Matthew, to Nicholas and Thomas and Pablo and Carlos and Amos and others. The local high school did not care for us "rich" boys at all, so in 4 years there were multiple clashes with the public school kids. Toughened my ass up, for sure. And got along pretty well with Pablo and Carlos and Amos along the way, together mud-stomping those local punks when they started shit. Well, once I got thumped pretty good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I'm not questioning your experience with private schools, but in my experiences I have examples of this not being the case. I was fortunate to grow up in a financially secure middle-class family, and we just happened to live in neighborhoods that were 99% white. Denver and Northern Kentucky are not nearly as diverse as other areas (at the time, Denver was about 70% white, 20% hispanic, and 5% black). In high school, we (me and some brothers) drove about 10 miles from our lily-white neighborhood to a Jesuit school that for 100 years was located in an area that was quite a bit rougher than ours. The all-boys, Catholic school drew kids from all over the Denver metro area, mostly from similar backgrounds to mine (a good number from more affluent families, too), due to a fine reputation for educating. Most of us ended up in a much more diverse area/school than we had been raised in. My classmates went from being named Nicholas and Thomas and Matthew, to Nicholas and Thomas and Pablo and Carlos and Amos and others. The local high school did not care for us "rich" boys at all, so in 4 years there were multiple clashes with the public school kids. Toughened my ass up, for sure. And got along pretty well with Pablo and Carlos and Amos along the way, together mud-stomping those local punks when they started shit. Well, once I got thumped pretty good.

In my years, I've come to find where there is conflict, eventually there is understanding. 

Basically if we bump heads long enough and one of us doesn't die first, mutual respect develops. Be it race or whatever that's caused the conflict. 

I read where many choose private school education for smaller class size, family/religious values and the biggie.. less conflict. 

I get where we would think our kids will learn better and faster in an environment with less racial/religious/political conflict, however, we lose that part where we learn mutual respect. 

Seems like you picked up that mutual respect where you went to school albeit maybe later in your education. Public school kids start getting it in pre-k. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Also, don't get me wrong, there is racism everywhere, including public schools, however, a culture of racism is only going to exist in schools where it's mostly segregated. Both curriculum wise  and racially. 

i agree with you on quite a bit

the Pasadena schools are segregated, or are not diverse, or _______ pick a word to one's choosing.

75% non-white, or 90% non-white is not diverse, leaving aside failing, taken over by the state, closing only to be re-opened after radical change

40% white 30 Hispanic 25 black 5 Asian.  that's diverse

Servite is more diverse that any of the Pasadena schools with 40% POC, and 60% white.

that's the irony when one digs deeply enough

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I get where we would think our kids will learn better and faster in an environment with less racial/religious/political conflict, however, we lose that part where we learn mutual respect. 

In my parents eyes, it apparently had a lot to do with all-boys and all-girls schools, and their opinion that high school kids would focus more on school work with fewer opposite sex distractions throughout the school day. Myself and 4 brothers went to all-boys high schools; my 5 sisters went to all-girls high schools.

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seems like you picked up that mutual respect where you went to school albeit maybe later in your education. Public school kids start getting it in pre-k. 

Part of my point is that had I gone to public school 1-8 grades, I would have been exposed to far fewer classmates different than I was as opposed to what I had in private schools (we were 5 miles from our catholic grade school, and it had much more diversity, too, than our neighborhood). I went to public school for kindergarten, but had too many chicks and my parents knew my concentration on academics would eventually be better served at all-boys high school. Too much kindergarten puss, I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat Will said:

:) Cola Cola we hope… lol, but that’s not much better for you or worse perhaps depending on dosage.  If I’m not mistaken, the original formula had cocaine as an ingredient.   

But seriously, take it easy with the sugar.  

1 hour ago, Testadura said:

will,

in Jersey, we all learned about slavery and the Southern migration away from the Southern white antagonists, whose progeny inhabit this Board.  Jewish people and others have studied the concept of collective guilt especially concerning Germany.  I'd recommend some books, but why?  But I would suggest thinking about whether 1-2 generations removed is sufficient to extinguish the despicable racist impulses of the slave-owning, slave-tolerating, Jim Crow whites down South.  They figuratively or virtually are standing right next to you as we speak.

what are your thoughts, given "it still exists"?

You need to live in the south before making those general accusations.

You said they are standing right beside us are Jim Crow type people. I guess that means the black family  that lives next door to me believes in owning slaves.  

Did you know Nazi Germany killed roughly 6 million Jews but roughly 30,000,000 Russians. 

You are wrong in your opinion. 

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You need to live in the south before making those general accusations.

You said they are standing right beside us are Jim Crow type people. I guess that means the black family  that lives next door to me believes in owning slaves.  

Did you know Nazi Germany killed roughly 6 million Jews but roughly 30,000,000 Russians. 

You are wrong in your opinion. 

Hoover, i exaggerated to make a point.  i don't buy collective guilt, and was in a ball-bustin' way reacting to the cadre of Southerners feeling his pain, giving him solace, and helping him to find endless perpetrators outside of themselves.  a descendant of a "bad" Southern person is his own person, with the ability to make his own life.  my posts speak to that, and that OT poster--I didn't know who he was at the time, God help me--was re-living his childhood and spraying the blame on us buggers up North while taking up the mantle for the Servite insurrection.  It's irrational and leads to psychosis.

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

In my parents eyes, it apparently had a lot to do with all-boys and all-girls schools, and their opinion that high school kids would focus more on school work with fewer opposite sex distractions throughout the school day. Myself and 4 brothers went to all-boys high schools; my 5 sisters went to all-girls high schools.

Part of my point is that had I gone to public school 1-8 grades, I would have been exposed to far fewer classmates different than I was as opposed to what I had in private schools (we were 5 miles from our catholic grade school, and it had much more diversity, too, than our neighborhood). I went to public school for kindergarten, but had too many chicks and my parents knew my concentration on academics would eventually be better served at all-boys high school. Too much kindergarten puss, I guess.

I understand now. We have a few public schools in Georgia that have very few black kids as well. 

I know I've been painting with a broad brush. It was somewhat intentional. 

Really, ultimately, what we are discussing here starts at home. Not directing at you, because, obviously, you have a better social upbringing than a lot of others. 

When I see people on here and just in general talking about public schools indoctrination of kids, I think, wow. I'm a public school product, and I can't figure what I got indoctrinated with that differs from private school kids outside of social studies, race relations simply from being among different races, and generally thrust into an arena with multiple religious and political beliefs where we all learned to get along through years of butting heads. 

What else is happening at a public school that isn't happening in a private school setting that amounts to indoctrination?

This goes all the way back to my birds of a feather post, and of course my admission of my perspective due to my own personal experiences. 

Even private schools in my area have become a little more diverse over time, albeit much slower than the public schools. Much easier to keep racial division entrenched like that, so, families that disagree with racial and cultural intermingling choose that route as long as they can financially. 

My female cousins went to Christian privates in Tallahassee. Their experience with black folks came from glimpses of them on t.v. from sit coms like Good Times. They would ask me at holiday gatherings if all "chocolate people" were like JJ and the others on Good Times. They weren't inherently racist, as you know they tried to find a term to call them other than the N word, so they weren't being taught that there. They just missed on a lot of experience with people of color, so, they couldn't develop an understanding or mutual respect.  They grew up thinking people of color were goofy like JJ on Good Times. Imagine their shock once finally hitting culturally diverse work places. Talk about a crash course in reality.

Anyway, I can understand how these pockets of racism exist and fester in some of these private schools, and even some public schools, although I think at most public schools there is a curriculum that contains social studies that is different from privates and maybe indoctrinating a lot of the population to believe we are all the same despite color, religious or political beliefs. 

Maybe there is similar curriculum at private schools, but, maybe not at all of them. Idk. Something is clearly amiss at the one in this thread.

• Like 1